Ivan The Urban Action Figure Has Accident On America’s Got Talent

July 11, 2007 12:07 AM by Joe Blackmon

Ivan_urbanactionfigureOn the America’s Got Talent Vegas callbacks, seventy acts received
one chance each to perform for three minutes in front of the judges.
The judges narrowed the field down to just thirty-five contestants.
However, the contestants were told in groups whether they made it to
the short list or not so the show left it confusing and unclear as to
the names of all the contestants continuing in the competition.

Most of the ninety minute episode was filled with short clips of the seventy contestants performing, but there was one very traumatic moment.  Ivan the Urban Action Figure who had dazzled the judges with his acrobatics during the auditions took a terrible tumble that left him motionless on the floor.

As part of his grand entrance, Ivan the Urban Action Figure attempted to use a small trampoline to propel himself over several chairs.  However, the trampoline appeared to slide out from under him, and he wound up flipping head first into the chairs.  When Ivan the Urban Action Figure landed, he laid motionless on the floor.  At first the crowd and judges seemed to think it was part of the act, but then part of the production staff rushed out to the floor and closed the curtains.

Host Jerry Springer explained “This was not supposed to happen apparently.  The question is whether or not he landed on his head.  At first everyone thought ‘oh, that’s part of the act.’  It’s not part of the act.  He’s lying still.  I don’t see any movement at this point.  This is a horrible moment.”

Ivan the Urban Action Figure was unconscious for a couple minutes, but he finally came around and appeared to be ok.  As a precaution, emergency personnel fitted him with a neck brace and carried him away by ambulance to the hospital for tests.  After Ivan the Urban Action Figure was whisked away, Jerry Springer told the audience “We have thankfully good news.  Ivan the Urban Action Figure took a fall, but now he’s up and he seems ok.  We’re going to take him and make sure that everything is physically ok, but he’s talking, he’s lucid.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for America’s Got
Talent
news.  For other great America’s Got Talent
news, please also check out SirLinksALot: America’s Got
Talent

Topics: America's Got Talent |

21 Responses to “Ivan The Urban Action Figure Has Accident On America’s Got Talent”

1. Rolanda Says:
    July 11th, 2007 at 9:24 am

Please let me know on what channel and what time the July 10th episode is repeated on the weekend. I believe it is either on Saturday or Sunday. I missed the July 10th episode and was very disappointed.

I hope to hear from you.

2. jannie Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 7:07 am

What are the judges thinking? Boy Shakira is a joke! A fat silly transvestite or whatever he is, believing he is the gorgeous talented Shakira! After choosing him & the nerd dancer, I will not watch the show any longer. I cannot dance; however I still can do better than the nerd (sexy) per Sharon Osbourne. American viewers should be insulted at the judges’ decisions. You had a wonderful & talented country singer playing a guitar & every other one you dismissed was better than the two losers you chose instead. I am sure milllions of viewers would agree. Shame on you all!

3. Sharon Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 9:48 am

If I could vote, I’d vote off all 3 of the judges as they can’t see talent when it’s presented to them. Boy Shakira – not even worthy of my laugh. And to vote off the Red Necks with beautiful voices – whoa – that was talent as was the young schoolteacher who could also actually sing. Lets hope the American public will clean up your mess and vote in some real Million Dollar Talent!

4. alanna Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 9:54 am

BOY SHAKIRA ROCKS!! he is not a silly little joke.u r!!

5. David Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 10:39 am

Pathetic… Patronizing… I don’t even know what word sufficently describes my level of disappointment and disgust. Let me preface by saying, I am not a “homophobe” or anything like that. I have been good friends with people who were gay. That is not what is at issue here, the fact that the judges are passing these people through based soley on the fact that they are flamboyant, raging homosexuals and making them a spectical when it’s obvious that they have no talent. Piers and Sharon are probably meeting with producers saying, “That’ll increase our viewership because the homosexual population will want to see them”. Well that pigeonholes homosexuals as people who care about nothing more than seeing other gays act ridiculous and get applauded for it. I would think that the majority of homosexuals are regular people who want to see talented people advanced and win. It breaks my heart that everything has to be based on cramming other peoples sexual orientations down my throat, rather than just letting people be people. That is all…

6. Smeech Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 1:24 pm

I am so glad to see that other people agree with my feelings about the show. I couldn’t believe that Boy Shakira & that dancer got put through. This show drives me nuts anyway, but my husband likes to turn it on. I hate the way the cameras show the audience or the judges ooh-ing & aah-ing instead of what the acts are doing onstage to evoke such reactions. They spend way too much time interviewing some of the contestants and in exchange the viewers miss performances. It seems that Brits have some odd fascination with homos & cross-dressers that Americans don’t share.

7. Mary Sue Burnett Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 2:40 pm

Ivan the Urban Action Figure got sent home. It seemed that the judges did this out of concern for his safety and they encouraged him to come back next year. Maybe next year he’ll either try a less dangerous stunt or practice up on this stunt so he can do it without injuring himself.

8. whatever Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 3:10 pm

Unbelievable decision making . Boy Shakira !? What are the judges thinking exactly ? I can’t believe they are serious . Is this supposed to be a publicity stunt or something ? And the Bollywood dancer … he’s not even good by Bollywood standards . Some of the other choices looked questionable also . Instead they are bringing back a lot of mediocrity and ruining the entertainment value of the show .

As for the ‘Urban Action’ guy … is it just me or did that look staged . If you look at the slow motion replay , it looks like he did exactly what he wanted to do .

9. chuck wood Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 7:51 pm

Well i have to agree with a lot of the other comment’s about boy shakira and the young man from India,the redneck’s and the young 25 year old singer should have went on and no one in our family will watch your show again, the decision to pass boy shakira and the young man from India through is one of the biggest jokes, travesties i’ve ever witnessed.

10. Physiologically Unlikely Says:
    July 13th, 2007 at 1:37 am

There were a few things that seemed just not right about how Ivan’s body moved as it “fell.” I may be off base here (maybe it was muscle memory), but when he hit the last chair & rolled off to the side, several motions that don’t seem consistent with a limp body take place.

1) As he is on his back with his left arm on the last chair, both arms extend out to the side, followed by the knees curling up towards his chest. So far, this is understandable.

2) However, as his knees move above his head, there is a sudden & matched motion by both of his legs to spring out straight up as both of his arms rotate back (assisting in the flip).

3) A couple of frames later, his arms are extended back behind him, his body is almost in a headstand position. His arms then quickly snap in sych to be by his side. He now appears to be in a deliberate headstand.

4) He then lands face down with his arms at his side for the trip down (not limp & following the rest of his body… not reaching out in FRONT of his body as reflex actions would cause… no, it’s pretty much a move right out of the 1980s street dancing).

5) Going back to earlier in the fall… Notice that his arms are extended out to brace for a fall onto the chairs. His right hand lands on the seat of the last chair & helps slow his fall and deflect him off to the side of the chairs. As he deflects to the side, he ends up on his back, BUT his head is bent forward (reflex to protect the head in a fall). At this point, his head hasn’t sustained any significant trauma to cause him to loose consciousness.

6) On the approach to the chairs, we can see there are in a slight crescent shape. This is a layout that is used by daredevils when they jump cars & boats (sometimes). From the audience, it looks like a straight row of chairs, but it actually provides some empty space to land below the performer if needed. In Ivan’s case, it’s enough to roll off the rounded sides of the chairs in the middle as he slows his fall with his right hand on the last chair.

Again, I may be way off… but it’s fishy.

11. Allen Says:
    July 13th, 2007 at 11:20 am

Complete joke! I used to like the show but I am done watching after the last episode of cutting it down to 20. I was able to put up with the “Springer” hype that they tried to bring to the show but this is just a waste of time now. I am guessing the crap voting was done on purpose to draw attention to the show….well here is my attention.

12. catface Says:
    July 13th, 2007 at 2:18 pm

Someone please tell me why that overweight belly dancing freak is going to the next round and not The Redneck Trio? If “Boy (using this term loosly) Shakira” is worth a million dollars please let me know what country is the million dollars coming from? I know he is not worth ten American dollars!! What an insult to Shakira. They judges need to re-evaluate their criteia if they consider that freak to be talent. America’s Got Talent, I should have know the show would be lame by the gramitcly incorret title. I will no longer waste my time watching this joke of a reality show.

13. kittykat1 Says:
    July 13th, 2007 at 4:35 pm

Thank you Chuck Wood, for thinking the exact same thing as I do, that the guy who fell on the chairs faked it. I must have replayed that “scene” about 20 times in slow motion on my Tivo, and I agree a hundred percent with your very astute critique. As soon as I saw him do the headstand, I knew it didn’t seem right. But the question is why? What was the point of that? And why lie to all these people about it? Even for reality tv, it seems strange to do that. Any thoughts?

14. whatever Says:
    July 14th, 2007 at 2:41 am

Probably was paid a handsome sum by the producers … publicity stunt . Ho hum , yawn .

15. kendiggs Says:
    July 14th, 2007 at 8:56 pm

So what’s the difference between a “travesty” and a “transvestite?”

NOTHING. They’re both Boy Shakira.

16. Skeptic Says:
    July 14th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

I agree completely about Ivan. Your last move before falling to unconsciousness is definitely NOT a perfect headstand with your body pointing perfectly straight up to the sky. Here’s all I can figure, because I can’t believe they could convince him to throw his performance to help the show get some viewers. I figure he wants a career as a stunt man, and he was using the show and his fall to build his portfolio for future employment. Plausible?

17. FloridaBoy Says:
    July 14th, 2007 at 10:37 pm

On the Ivan “accident”….imagine…you just screwed up your million-dollar chance by slipping on the trampoline and fall head-long into metal folding charis. You are a very well trained gymnast. So, do you fall flat on your face, get up and say “I’m sorry about that stupid mistake I made there!” Or, do you create an illusion of an horrific crash, get taken to the hospital, and come back the next day 100%, ready to perform?
    As Chuck Wood posted, I played it over about three or four times and the body movement is completely unnatural for someone crashing through chairs and then doing a perfect headstand before coming to a perfectly laid out finish. I think he made a split-second decision to salvage his mistake!

18. upset Says:
    July 15th, 2007 at 4:40 am

I think that the three blonde teenagers should have stayed they were good. I loved them the most and whats up with “boy shakira”

19. upset Says:
    July 15th, 2007 at 4:40 am

20. kendra Says:
    July 16th, 2007 at 9:10 pm

I love Cas he is great i really hope he wins :) boy shakyra is aweful please get him off the show

21. Geno Says:
    July 16th, 2007 at 10:52 pm

I watched this a few times in slow-mo. From what I can see as Ivan sprang from the trampoline it slid across the floor a few inches sliding into the chairs and put his toes under the edge of the first chair, which is why he tripped on that chair.

As he was falling he brought both hands together out in front of him with palms flat to help absorb the impact. His hands hit the seat of the last chair as his body hit the top of the other chairs causing his body to roll off and it looks like his head impacted his own shoulder. I do not think this is enough to cause a head injury, but it could cause a neck injury.

At this point in time I do not think Ivan was unconscious, but was still trying to control his fall, which is why he instinctively went into the head stand. After this head stand is it possible he could have passed out from the minor neck injury? Yes, this is possible.

Comments