American Inventor Judges Select Tampa And Houston Winners

July 19, 2007 12:03 AM by Joe Blackmon

Tucker_millersOn the second part of the American Inventor auditions for Houston and
Tampa, many inventors continued to meet with rejection from the
judges.  Rose Feller who invented a song called “Love Test,” Shirley
Blount who invented “Smarty Potty,” Kevin Gilg who invented an electric
fingernail tool, Bill Guess who invented an automatic meat cooking
device, and Bobby Lee Grissett who invented the fifty-four square cake
cutter all were turned away by the judges.

While the judges seemed on target in many of their decisions, Bobby Lee Grissett’s invention was something that should have earned him a finalists spot.  Even though it might not have mass market appeal, it did serve a very real market.  The judges let through several other inventions that served relatively small markets, so their rejection of Bobby Lee Grissett seemed inconsistent.

Three inventors that did win approval from the judges were Marcus “Sandy” Wall who invented the Wallbanger, George & Denise Tucker who invented the EZT4U, and Christopher & Linda Khanoyan who invented the Voice Inside.  The wallbanger was a police device for busting open doors, the EZT4U was an automatic tea maker, and the Voice Inside was a voice recognition device to allow a deaf person to communicate with a hearing person.

After the finalists selections were complete, the judges were very much in disagreement over who the winners for each city should be.  The judges finally selected George & Denise Tucker, who invented EZT4U, as the Tampa winners.  The judges also selected Joe & Mike Miller, who invented Wrap Away, as the Houston winners.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Inventor
news.  For other great American Inventor news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Inventor

Topics: American Inventor |

10 Responses to “American Inventor Judges Select Tampa And Houston Winners”

1. noelle glotfelty Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 12:52 am

I was so saddened to see booby lee and his cake cutting device not getting the recognition it deserved. I really want him to get an opportunity to make his dream come true. I would like to help him, sponsor him in some way. How can I contact him to help and give him support?

2. karen curtis Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 11:44 am

i was also choked up by bobby lee not winning. he was awesome and his never give up attitude makes him a winner. wpde tv station did a story on him and i contacted them for info on reaching bobby
    noelle check wpde out

3. Anonymous Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 5:01 pm

I was disappointed that Marcus “Sandy” Wall and the “Wallbanger” wasn’t chosen as a finalist. It was one of the few ideas that was truly innovative, aleady had a working prototype, and could save lives. As far as every police department in the country and beyond not being a big enough market, they aren’t talking about a five dollar novelty item that needs to move millions of units to make money.

While I was moved by the deaf contestant, his was an idea, not an invention. Essentially he was talking about a portable voice recogntion system, something that needs a heck of a lot more development and technology than $50,000 and a dream on a poster board.

4. Chris Nicholson Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 5:03 pm

I didn’t mean to leave an annonymous comment about the Wallbanger, Chris Nicholson,

5. Richard Ginn Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 5:52 pm

I fully agree with Chris Nicholson on the WallBanger. The two finalists do not have bad ideas though.

Anyone watch the Golf Channel Show

Fore Inventors only.

I know it is a American Inventor ripoff, but they have some great golf inventions.

6. ken Says:
    July 20th, 2007 at 7:23 pm

Hmmm these last two products don’t seem that unique. Home Depot sells a saran wrap dispenser and people put tea bags in their coffee pots already.
    How much improvement can they make on these things with $50,000?
    The xmas tree fire extinguisher might be able to put out a fire and the remote control paper cars, planes HT RACERS that could be amazing. The bra and the claw – not sure how much change they can make either.
    Next Wed. is the vote –
    should be interesting!

7. Clarisa Says:
    July 21st, 2007 at 1:27 pm

I think the HT Racers are so cool!!! I would love a kit like this. Remote control model kits are usually so expensive that my brother and I have to share one. Paper model kits means we could both build planes and maybe buy a few kits each! Is the vote really this Wednesday?

8. Richard Ginn Says:
    July 22nd, 2007 at 6:01 pm

Wednesday is a 2 hour show. It looks like at the end of the show we get to vote on who gets to take home the one million bucks.

9. Stacy Herman Says:
    July 25th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

I would love to buy Bobby Lees product. I feel in love with this product and his hope and drive. Tell me where I can buy it! SKH

10. michelle Says: