Ghost Adventures Premieres On The Sci-Fi Channel

July 25, 2007 12:04 AM by Joe Blackmon

Las Vegas Filmmakers Zak Bagans and Nick Groff produced and directed a
Raw Documentary on the Paranormal, Ghost Adventures.  Complete with a
World Network Premiere airing on the Sci-Fi Channel July 25th, 2007
prime-time at 9pm, the network will be airing the film (7) times with a
1 year contract signed with NBC Universal.

This Raw Documentary has sparked a tremendous amount of controversy by the strong paranormal evidence captured and the extreme taunting manner in which Bagans conducts his investigations.  Adding to the film’s hype is its Grand Jury Prize for Best Documentary given by the New York International Film & Video Festival in 2006.  The film was also nominated for Best Feature Film from the Eerie Horror Film Festival in 2006.  Ghost Adventures has also traveled to the Berlin International.film festival and the Cannes film festival as part of the festivals’ markets.  Yarek Danielak, CEO of Arsenal Pictures International, will represent the film for all global territories.

Extreme ghost-hunting and controversial taunting is brought on by one man, Zak Bagans. He and two members of his crew target locations haunted by evil where others won’t set foot.  In this raw documentary, a full-bodied apparition is captured on camera from the Old Washoe Club in Virginia City, Nevada, where in the crypt they use to dishonorably stack and store dead bodies from disease and mining accidents in the late 1800′s.

Bagans then targets his extreme investigations at locations where the owners are crying out for help, one being the Goldfield Hotel in Goldfield, Nevada.  Abandoned and one of the “SCARIEST PLACES on EARTH” -FoxTV, Bagans and crew member Nick Groff are then pad-locked inside for an entire night. During its heyday in the early 1900′s, there were rapes, murders and other crimes of passion committed within its thick walls,a recipe for trapped souls.  Built on top of a mineshaft, their investigation quickly leads into the decrypted maze basement, where a poltergeist will send them jumping from a second floor window. For more information and to view trailers for the film visit: www.myspace.com/ghostadventures

Topics: Reality TV |

44 Responses to “Ghost Adventures Premieres On The Sci-Fi Channel”

1. Dead reacon Says:
    July 26th, 2007 at 10:16 am

I watched some of this, I liked the location but the host and chunky buddy he was with were totally stupid! A lot of like hey man i’m really hot, no way man like I’m really cold.. oohhh ohhh weee I think I see an ORB…

Jeez in an open window 100 plus year old place full of dust, I think I would see an orb too.

This just makes the serious investigators look as stupid as this group is!

Virginia city is a cool place to hunt, but the “people on the street” interviews were sooooo stupid!!!!!

2. Poppy Says:
    July 26th, 2007 at 12:44 pm

Thought the show exhibited a lot of honesty in the way it was filmed. Sure they were amateurs, but most of the people doing this kind of investigation are. I’m a skeptic on all of this, but I found the show very intriquing. Much more suspenseful then Ghost Hunters any day. SciFi, give them a show!

3. Laurie Mora Says:
    July 26th, 2007 at 1:43 pm

I liked it alot.Zak and myself have alot in common as far as the knowledge, and intensity when ghost hunting.Even the way he panics in fear “stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop” LOL i do the same exact thing when i’ve seen or heard things
    anywhere from the stanley hotel,tombstone,copper queen,queen mary,& st augustine.think hes irish,and i’m irish,so i can relate to his passion on what he is doing.oh and did i say how f*ing hot he is? OMG

4. baccus Says:
    July 26th, 2007 at 2:57 pm

This show was over the top . I’m a big fan of “ghost hunters” but these guys caught more in this show than the ghost hunters have in 20 or more shows. This program had my hair standing on end,give these guys a show.People are bashing them for how they conducted the investigation,but i’d like to see them go into these places. Good job guys!!

5. Hart Says:
    July 26th, 2007 at 3:48 pm

“Ghost Adventures” version of Extreme Ghost Hunting was far more exciting than anything seen on Ghost Hunters or Most Haunted –ever!

Its a shame they were not able to stay and see the rest of the show from the Ghosts that were there—I think they should go back there on Halloween and take “Chris Fleming” of “Dead Famous” with them and spend the nite there—-I doubt that Chris Fleming would have ran out of that place–but would make for an interesting show with him involved.

6. GABRIELA C. Says:
    July 26th, 2007 at 4:06 pm

My husband and I watched an episode of your documentary yesturday. We thought it was awesome!! You absolutely did a fantastic job and blew all the other shows (Taps, Ghost Hauntings, etc.) away. You guys did far more better in a few hours then what the other shows have done in months or years. You guys are the real mcoys! We can’t wait to see the rest of your documentary. Congrats!!

7. Tam Says:
    July 26th, 2007 at 8:02 pm

Omg this was the best that I have ever seen. I flipped out when I saw the brick being thrown. I would have ran too… I give you guys so much credit for staying at the hotel as long as you did. WOW. I want to see more of you guys!!

8. Nichole Says:
    July 26th, 2007 at 10:26 pm

That documentary was flippin’ awesome!!! I am really into the ghost investigating and one day I would like to try it myself. Ghost adventures caught some reveaaling evidence and if I walked into a room where stuff started flying by itself(including bricks), I would run for my life just like the two guys did. Those two did a really good job and if any one differs they should try going there themselves with a camcorder

9. Jessica! Says:
    July 27th, 2007 at 9:49 am

Does anyone know when the next time it’ll be aired on Scifi? My cousin just told me about it and I want to see it REAL BAD.

10. Cheryl Says:
    July 27th, 2007 at 10:34 am

Unfortunately, I saw only the last half of the show, but it was one of the most exciting ‘ghost hunter’ shows I have seen. I was all into the fact that you went in being yourselves, not actually trying to be professional about it. I think ‘just doing what comes into your head at the moment’ type of filming was more exciting than some of the other shows that try to be all professional about it. I hope that part of your show doesn’t change if you do get picked up by Sci Fi, because that is what adds reality and people can relate to you more so than other shows.

11. Michelle Says:
    July 27th, 2007 at 1:15 pm

That was the best show ever!!! I think they did a great job, showing the reality of them actually being scared made it even better. Any other show would have deleted that part. I look forward to the next documentary.

12. toni james Says:
    July 27th, 2007 at 1:24 pm

i think ghost adventurs was better then taps those guys stayed all night they stuck it out i wish i was there with them when will they be another show soon i hope

13. Mike McKinney Says:
    July 27th, 2007 at 3:00 pm

Wow!!!…what a show! Why don’t TAPS enter places like these? Freaky stuff w/ the Goldfield Hotel, there are many ghosts that they had not encountered there yet either, The Stabber being one of them. I was researching the hotel on google and this ghost sounds extreme, let alone the midget ghost there and the children. Look this up on google and you’ll see what I mean. There is much more going on here than we have seen yet. I WANT MORE OF IT!!!! Please!!!

14. MNewell Says:
    July 27th, 2007 at 3:02 pm

That s**t was awesome….If that doesn’t prove that there are spirits I don’t know what does. SciFi needs to give them guys a show…they just went in and did it.

15. Tanya Says:
    July 27th, 2007 at 3:13 pm

I was very impressed about the show. This is one of the best shows that I have ever witnessed. I do hope they have other footage and aired on SCI-FI. This type of footage actually caught on tape was something no other shows have been able do capture such footage. It gave me chills. I hope they continue their great work.

16. Richard Says:
    July 27th, 2007 at 3:37 pm

Great Job….. I just wish they had infer red…maybe ghost hunters needs to go check out these places, but they got way more on tape than the TAPS has

17. Amy Says:
    July 27th, 2007 at 4:52 pm

Wow…that was a great show. I have been watching all of the “ghosts” shows out there and this was definitely the best I have seen in a while.
    It was hard for me to watch the poltergeist activity-it made me feel very uneasy but in a very curious way!
    I am really hoping there is more to come. I searched all over to view this program again or even the next episode to no avail.
    Please say there will be more!
    As many people have already said, who cares if they are not “professional”. They are catching what we have been wanting to see and putting themselves in situations that I could never act “professional” in!
    This is almost exactly the type of documentary many of us have been waiting for.
    Please air more…soon!!!

18. Reggie Says:
    July 28th, 2007 at 2:55 pm

Man you guys was the real deal—-I mean da “Ghost Busters” dudes on the Taps —Greg and Jackson has never gots anystuff like yall.

I lives in Detroit an wish you cats could come bust some Ghost in da hood-know what im sayin? I mean for real, know what im sayin!

19. scififemme Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 10:26 pm

Were you people watching the same show? What did they find? Two shadows and a brick on a string? It was very Blair Witch Project.

20. Nery J. Says:
    July 31st, 2007 at 6:12 pm

Congratulations, your show was far out better than TAPS and that other wanna be ghost show from England with that annoying yelling lady that is more scarier than the ghosts.You guys stayed there long enough to do a real documentary. TAPS stays for a few hours then says “wraps it up” and goes home with nothing. The English ghost show just wanders around finding nothing. I wish you guys good luck and continue with this ghost adventure journey. When will the rest of your documentary come out? I looked into the Sci-Fi guide and didnt find your next show. Keep up the awesome work!!!

21. Roger Says:
    July 31st, 2007 at 6:26 pm

You guys did a fantastic job!! The time you took to make the documentary and spot the ghosts you caught on tape made the big different. Other ghost hunting crews go and spend a couple of hours and conclude there were no ghosts found. That’s completely unreal. In order to capture something or have contact with supernatural phenomenon you have to spend time at the place you’re in. Just like any other job you do. Keep using the same formula guys!! Hope you get a show on the Sci-Fi channel.

22. Roger Says:
    July 31st, 2007 at 6:26 pm

23. erta Says:
    August 4th, 2007 at 6:29 am

too much in too little time, an obvious fake.

24. Lw Says:
    August 4th, 2007 at 10:20 am

Saw this on Sci-Fi…Boring and self-indulgent on the part of the filmmaker, Zak Baggans. This man has the most active imagination of any filmmaker I’ve met, interacting and taunting alleged spirits. While there is no doubt he caught “something” on film, his amateur ghosthunting antics is perfect geek-fodder for the Sci-Fi channel.

25. David Olson Says:
    August 5th, 2007 at 10:22 pm

What is with SciFi Channel? When you have a winner, It is time to dump the loser.

Loser=TAPS as Ghosthunters
    Winner=Ghost Adventures!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK ON,

UtahDevil

26. lc Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 3:19 pm

The ghost adventure show was spooky, Now I would like to see the TAPS group go there to de-bunk it…
    That would make a great show…

27. William Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 10:49 pm

I really enjoyed the episode and so did the wife and kids, much better than Taps and Ghost Hunters by far! But I don’t think running out of the Goldfield Hotel would have ever been in my mind since I believe in getting the best possible evidence of the supernatural on film, with a thrown camera it’s kinda hard to clean up and prove, I would love to go personally and stay the night in that Hotel by “Myself” without someone yelling, Stop, Stop, Stop, every 5 seconds. it makes the mind feed on more than what is actually at play. Send someone that isn’t affraid of ghost like myself to stay the night and film that Hotel scene again! I would like to conduct an interview with who or whatever is trying to scare everyone out of that Hotel! after all we all no the phrase, “NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN KILLED OR HARMED BY A GHOST” scaring the hell out of you doesn’t count towards harming you other than your macho ego being shot down. Please continue, I really did enjoy what coverage you did capture and you make it more scarey for the kids and wife! LoL….

28. Reggie Groh Says:
    August 8th, 2007 at 3:48 pm

Man you cats gots to get together with the Taps white boys and alsos da Tea Sips from England and have a Ghost Busters Woodstock over Halloween and gets to the bottom of that Hotel In Goldfield Nevadaknow what im sayin—I means the only place scarier than that place is Compton on a Saturday nite—know what im sayin?

29. Darren Says:
    August 23rd, 2007 at 10:33 pm

Ive been a paranormal investigator for 25 years. What these boys did was what Ive been wanting to see TV show us. A real, raw look at how you should investigate this field….Taps and Ghost Hunters are as fun to watch as an old man trying to put groceries in his Ford Fairlane, that’s a car, These guys captured some of the most compelling evidence than Taps has in 4 years….Seeing them run in the end to me made that event that much more authentic and the analyzations were the cherry on the sundae….When are you fellas gettin ur own show? bravo guys

30. J Says:
    August 29th, 2007 at 2:18 pm

When is the next episode of Ghost Adventures!!

31. Ricardo Says:
    August 29th, 2007 at 7:00 pm

We want more!!! what channel and what time.I dig TAPS however in my opinion this show blew them away.
    It was nice to see an investigation without sitting through the investigators personal drama.Sweet show.

32. Shaun Says:
    August 31st, 2007 at 5:59 pm

Great show guys!! I am so tired of watching shows where there’s about 20 people in a room with the latest technology, pychics and all is shown is drama, people screaming and yelling, saying they feel cold and what not and no ghost pictures are ever taken. You guys made a great effort and actually stayed long enough to conduct a serious investigation. I refuse to watch SCI-FI again unless you guys have your own show. Keep up the good ghost hunting!!!

33. Janina Armstrong Says:
    September 17th, 2007 at 1:29 pm

when will there be another airing, i really enjoyed it

34. Lisa Says:
    October 9th, 2007 at 12:12 pm

“Ghost Adventures” will rebroadcast on the scifi channel on halloween, October 31, 2007.

35. Lisa Says:
    October 26th, 2007 at 7:46 am

ghost adventures – oct. 31 1pm central

36. Elizabeth Paddon Says:
    October 29th, 2007 at 2:06 am

The ghost-busting story from Scariest Places on Earth done at the Goldfield Hotel, Goldfield Nevada, did not air the complete story. The missing fact is: Linda Blair did not attend this haunt, the psychic/medium who was asked to do this one, ended up finding her own lost energy from a previous life. The hotel was not haunted by a ghost but by past energy of extreme anger, only a mother who has lost her baby can understand. My Spiritual Guides and Angels informed me that the lady who was chained to the radiator and whose baby was thrown down the mine shaft under the hotel, whose name was Elizabeth, was me. Not everyone gets the chance to clean up their past major negative energy however, I did that day.
    It was somewhat complicated finding the energy there. The dog showed me when we were in the right place as I was unable to decipher my own energy from the past life with my own energy of this life until I asked my spiritual guides for help as to why the dog was scared but I felt nothing… Then my guides showed me the past and I was able to release it and clean the energy up.

37. Gabe Says:
    October 30th, 2007 at 6:43 pm

When is the whole documentary going to be shown??? It’s been long enough I think since ghost adventures was last shown. What’s going on??? We don’t want to see the same episode of the documentary as last time. We want to see the next episode… Or was nothing else about the documentary worth showing? It’s taking way too long.. just tell me where I can buy the whole film…

38. Becky Says:
    October 31st, 2007 at 3:06 pm

I have had ghostly experiences in my lifetime. I’m psychic and I’ve had the spirits of dead people contact me to pass on messages to certain people. I like the program, Ghost Adventures on the Sci Fi channel but I must say, Zak irritated me. I got mad every time he told Nick “shh, shh, shh, shh – be quiet, be quiet. Just stop,stop,stop.” It ticked me off the way Zak made it clear that he was the boss. HE could talk all he wanted and HE could walk when he wanted but he constantly gave Nick orders like a drill sargeant. It made him look like a total ass.

RJM
    Antioch, TN

39. Eric Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 12:21 pm

Nov 21 will be the next airing.

40. nancy sorany Says:
    November 17th, 2007 at 2:41 pm

The show was excellent and you guys did a great job, i’m a skeptic but when you mention the evil spirit that lives in one of the location i kind of believe it, cause in fact, there are demonic forces among us believe it or not , the point is though you are amateurs, you should go there again and try to face them, contact them and bring the proof we’re waiting for,such as conversation or any physical contact with these spirits. I suggest you guys come back and do a second part of this documentary, i’d like to believe that all evidences you showed are totally real. I’m colombian and in my country there are lots of haunting locations to investigate, hope you guys go there someday. Congratulations!!! you really got me.

41. Cher Says:
    November 22nd, 2007 at 1:02 am

GIVE ME JASON AND GRANT ANY DAY!!!Zack and Nick are truly out of their league as ghost hunters and who is that so called religious friend of theirs who freaks out just because of a voice on a digital recorder and then uses foul language to express his want to leave? Oh he’s a real righteous dude ain’t he and that old lady Virginia who worked at the hotel is some real phony too. I wonder how much they paid her to be “possessed” by Bobby. Oh brother what a crew. Zack and Nick should leave the ghost hunting to those who take it seriously and stop trying to jump on the band wagon just to get a t.v. show. How pathetic!

42. nasir Says:
    November 22nd, 2007 at 3:37 pm

i love these guys,they finally have a couple of regular guys that are really finding good stuff,ghost hunters can kiss my black ass,its all about ghost adventures

43. Qwerty Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Sweet mother of god…so y’all are telling me that it’s been seven years since last post…well all I gotta say is that it would really cool of I or one of us could experience with them on what they feel from start to finish and the investagation. As far as you Nasir…..I agree with you that ga is way better than gh but I know that gh is bad but saying that gh can kiss your ass…gh is not that bad. You’ll will agree that gh in a season or two will be cancelled and ga will be the lat show standing.

44. Qwerty Says: