So You Think You Can Dance Top Eight Performance Show

August 01, 2007 10:23 PM by Joe Blackmon

Lacey_neil_timeFor the top eight So You Think You Can Dance performance show, Adam
Shankman, Mary Murphy, and Nigel Lythgoe served as judges.  The eight
dancers performed two dances each with a randomly selected partner.

For their first dance, Sara Von Gillern and Danny Tidwell danced the Argentine Tango to “Whatever Lola Wants” by Sarah Vaughan & Gotan Project.  Adam Shankman said “This was unbeeping real.”  Mary Murphy said “The beginning of this number was out of sight for me.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “I’m a fan of the pair of them.”

For their first dance, Dominic Sandoval and Lauren Gottlieb Krumped  to “I Get Money” by 50 Cent.  Adam Shankman said “You got two thumbs up from me.”  Mary Murphy said “It just died down for me.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “For me, it was tuneless and unrhythmical.”

For their first dance, Lacey Schwimmer and Neil Haskell danced Latin Jazz to “Acid” by Ray Barretto.  Adam Shankman said “I loved it, you guys are beautiful dancers.”  Mary Murphy said “The chemistry is just not there for me at all.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “I did not love your performance, either of you.”

For their first dance, Sabra Johnson and Pasha Kovalev danced Broadway to “A Wild Wild Party” by The Wild Party.  Adam Shankman said “I got really drawn in.”  Mary Murphy said “Both of you I thought really matched.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “Thank you so much for a wonderful performance from you two guys.”

For their second dance, Sara Von Gillern and Danny Tidwell danced the Hip-Hop to “Push It” by Salt-N-Pepa.  Adam Shankman said “Solid routine.”  Mary Murphy said “Let’s talk about the dancing, it didn’t do it for me.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “Somehow you both went for it, and you didn’t achieve it together.”

For their second dance, Dominic Sandoval and Lauren Gottlieb danced a Rumba to “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers.  Adam Shankman said “You guys had a lot of the chemistry that we’ve been talking about.”  Mary Murphy said “Just not enough sunshine for me this week on that stage.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “If you get through this week, you’ve got a tough week next week.”

For their second dance, Lacey Schwimmer and Neil Haskell danced Contemporary to “Time” by Billy Porter.  Adam Shankman said “You guys, I’m so in love with what you just did.”  Mary Murphy had no words but just drew a heart.  Nigel Lythgoe said “It’s one of the most beautiful things I’ve seen ever.”

For their second dance, Sabra Johnson and Pasha Kovalev danced Quickstep to “Mr. Pinstripe Suit” by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.  Adam Shankman told Sabra, “You freak me out you are so good, young lady.”  Mary Murphy said “You guys just tore this up.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “You’re the best couple of the night for me.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for So You Think You Can
Dance
news.  For other great So You Think You Can
Dance news, please also check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can
Dance

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

9 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance Top Eight Performance Show”

1. chuck Says:
    August 2nd, 2007 at 12:57 am

Sara!

2. Jayne Says:
    August 2nd, 2007 at 12:08 pm

Sorry folks – I didn’t cry. Even though my dad is gone as well – when I was younger than Mia – I don’t like personal sappy story lines into performances. Sorry not impressed – not a dance – just some acting. Those dancers are better than that. I usually record the best routines – I did not record this one. It just didn’t reach me that way.

3. May Says:
    August 2nd, 2007 at 4:25 pm

Here is how I rank the remaining contestants from worst to best.
    GIRLS
    Worst.Lauren the whore
    3.Sara
    2.Sabra
    Best.Lacey
    BOYS
    Worst.Pasha
    3.Neil
    2.Danny
    Best.Dominic
    Dominic should be safe cuz dialidol predicted he’ll be safe.
    The two that are most likely going home is Sara and Pasha.

4. May Says:
    August 2nd, 2007 at 4:27 pm

Lauren should go home! She is a white version of the top model winner, the slut, Jaslene. Lauren is a bitch, she’s anorexic and that’s all I gotta say.

5. BETTE EVANS Says:
    August 2nd, 2007 at 5:43 pm

I am the President of The National Society of Arts and Letters in Pittsburgh,Pa. In 2006 Neil Haskell placed second in our dance competition. He was sensational.I would like to cast 63 votes for Neil for every member of our organization.
    We love the judges, love the program, and our volunteer members would be thrilled and rewarded for our work in the arts if Neil would win. He is outstanding as a person ,an artist and a dancer.
    Sincerely
    Bette Evans President
    N S A L Pittsburgh Chapter

6. BETTE EVANS Says:
    August 2nd, 2007 at 6:08 pm

In 2006 Neil Haskell was a contestant in the National Society of Arts and Letters Dance Competition. He showed incredible skill in his performance and made an indelible impression on the judges and the audience.
    WE in Pittsburgh wish him well. Not only does Neil think he can dance–the entire world thinks he can dance. And they are right.
    Sincerely
    Elizabeth Evans

7. Wootch Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 1:47 pm

Did anyone else think Lacey was a bit tacky with her mugging at the camera when it came time to shill for her phone number after the Mia routine. She went from “I felt blessed” to sticking the flower in her mouth and goofing in the space of about 1.5 seconds. It’s almost like she was faking her feelings of sympathy and reverence. She probably was. Neil at least knows how to keep the fake, “I am humbled by your adoration of me face” on during his moments.

8. Amanda Says:
    August 9th, 2007 at 11:21 pm

Order of best dancers on the show

1: Sabra
    2: Danny
    3: Lauren
    4: Lacey
    5: Neil
    6: Pasha

9. linda Says:
    October 19th, 2007 at 3:31 pm

some of the comments above are stupid..i wudnmt quote anyone..but how can dominic be the best…..and pasha is really good so he can never be the worst.
    and lauren is sooo not a whore.
    im done now.