August 02, 2007 09:10 PM by Joe Blackmon

Sytcd_dominic_saraTo kick off the seventh So You Think You Can Dance results show, the
eight remaining dancers performed to “Get Up” by Ciara.  Judge Nigel
Lythgoe expressed his condolences to the friends and families of the
victims of the terrible tragedy in Minneapolis.

Each of four remaining female dancers got to perform a solo.  Sara Von Gillern danced to “Set It Off” by Big Daddy Kane.  Lacey Schwimmer danced to “I’m Doing Everything” by Rocket Summer.  Sabra Johnson danced to “Better Not Touch” by Shemekia Copeland.  Lauren Gottlieb danced to “Last Night” by P Diddy featuring Keyshia Cole.

Next, each of the four remaining male dancers got to perform a solo.  Neil Haskell danced to “Better Man” by James Morrison.  Danny Tidwell danced to “Fever” by Elvis Presley.  Dominic Sandoval danced to “She’s A Bad Mama Jama” by Carl Carlton.  Pasha Kovalev danced to “Scott and Fran’s Paso Doble” from the Strictly Ballroom soundtrack.

Cat Deeley called the top four girls to center stage.  After a review of the girls’ performances, Cat revealed that Sara Von Gillern and Lauren Gottlieb were in the bottom two, while Lacey Schwimmer and Sabra Johnson were safe.

Next, Cat Deeley called the top four guys to center stage.  After a review of the guys’ performances, Cat revealed that Neil Haskell and Dominic Sandoval were in the bottom two, while Danny Tidwell and Pasha Kovalev were safe.

Before the final results were announced, OneRepublic performed “Apologize.”  Between the bottom two girls, Cat revealed that Sara Von Gillern had been eliminated from the competition.  Between the two bottom guys, Cat Deeley revealed that Dominic Sandoval had been eliminated from the competition.  After his elimination, Dominic hugged Cat and kissed her on the neck.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for So You Think You Can
Dance
news.  For other great So You Think You Can
Dance news, please also check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can
Dance

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

15 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance Results – Sara Von Gillern And Dominic Sandoval Eliminated”

1. Jill Says:
    August 2nd, 2007 at 11:24 pm

I LOVE YOU PASHA

2. Dom Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 1:00 am

If Lacey had to dance that horrid hip hop with those horrid outfits and Sara got to dance Mia’s emotional, albeit overrated piece, Sara would still be here. Choreography and costumes have as much to do with the results as the actual dancing at this point. I don’t get Lacey, I think she’s a good dancer and she doesn’t really bug me, I just don’t know why America is in love with her, and who votes for Lauren. I can hardly remember anyone saying they like her? I’ll miss Sara, she was the bomb, and hot too.

3. Nancy Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 6:52 am

i felt so bad DOMINIC had to go
    i knew he wasnt going to win but
    he was the most improved
    i will hope SABRA wins this year

4. Sara Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 10:00 am

Wow – I would never have predicted that Sara would have been sent home last night. She is so much fun to watch and has proven herself over and over again with her versatility at handling even the most challenging dances (Tango? West Coast Swing?) She’s amazing! Who in the world is voting for Lauren? I thought she would have been gone before Jaimie. Is she really that popular with people? Everyone has been saying that she will be the next to go for about the past five weeks now. What is happening with her? I wish Sara was still in the competition. I hope that Lacey and Sabra survive over Lauren next week but not…I’m not so sure.

5. Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 10:03 am

Nigel and Co are NOT going to let Sabra win the competition this year, it aint happening so you might as well crown Lacey the winner since that is who Nigel REALLY wants like Simon pushed and pimped Jordin to win Idol this year.

I’m hoping Lauren goes home next week because I think Sara’s fans are going to be pissed on what happened last night and Lauren will be the one they’re going to take it out on.

6. Wootch Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 1:43 pm

Sara was my remaining fave (I was a Jami fan too) and was definitely disappointed to see her go. She is such a doll and I think showed America what she can do with all those different styles OTHER than breakin’ and Hip Hop (Love Salt N Pepa’s “Push It” but that routine and wardrobe DID kill them–she is so cute, why hide it!). I have to think Lauren will be the next to go but I’m not sure why there seems to be a lot of resentment towards her. I’ve seen her called some names here and on other boards. Why? She’s cute and talented, although MAYBE not as talented as Sabra and Lacey. She needs some maturity, is all. At this point, I’d actually go with Sabra, as the best remaining dancer although, annoyance aside, Lacey is amazing as well. You can’t fault the remaining girls AT ALL.

Now for they guys, it’s gotta be Danny or Pahsa, right? Danny is still suffering from some likeability issues but he can dance like nobody’s business. Should be fun to see how this plays out!

7. lautner Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 2:30 pm

NOOO!!!
    I can`t believe dominic went home!
    i freaking cried when he went home. man its almost my most two favorite guys that are in the bottom 2… =[ now my only hope is neil.. I wish dominic was still in the competition.

8. Fan Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 2:35 pm

I really hope it comes down to Lacey and Sabra

9. viki Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 3:46 pm

I think it’s going to come down to Pasha and Sabra.

10. viki Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 3:47 pm

I think it’s going to come down to Pasha and Sabra. They were terrific together.

11. sammm. Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 7:36 pm

i dont know what you all are talkin about, but laurens great, she’s my fav.
    and dominic wouldve been safe if danny had been in the bottom two.
    forreals, who wants to see danny continue?

12. connie Says:
    August 4th, 2007 at 5:05 pm

there are only 2 really gifted people remaining Danny and Sabra…All the others are doing well but are not as trained.. come on folks…give credit to those who have it all.

13. cecilia Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 2:31 pm

i’m happy that Sara went home, but not Dominic. he wasn’t the best one there, but hes better than Danny. I love Lauren, but i have a feeling that she’s out next week. i think the top four will be Pasha, Neil, Lacey, and Sebra. I love Lacey too, but i think the only reason why she’ll be the top girl is because of her brother. sorry, but that’s really what i think.

14. ana Says:
    August 9th, 2007 at 2:09 pm

I love Danny!!!!

he is wonderful!!!!

his piourettes are increadible

I think he will win the competition…

I agree with connie about lacey… she is on the top only because Benji!!

15. Tiana Cosby Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 11:45 am

i totally argee with connie the only reason why Lacey is in the top 4 because of her brother i hope Sabra wins she rocks.

Comments