Age Of Love Winner Is Amanda Salinas

August 06, 2007 09:09 PM by Joe Blackmon

Amanda_salinasOn the season finale of Age Of Love, Mark Philippoussis took Amanda and
Jen to Australia to meet his family and friends.  When the two women
met Mark’s mom, Jen had a gift, while Amanda was empty handed.  Mark’s
family and friends were shocked to learn Jen was forty-eight years
old.  Jen dominated the conversation, while Amanda was quiet.

Jen jumped in and helped with fixing salads for dinner, while Amanda watched.  Mark’s mom pulled Amanda aside and said she was very shy like her.  After both women had left, Mark’s mom revealed that she liked Amanda better because she was shy and Mark’s sister revealed that she liked Jen better because of her maturity.

For his first one-on-one date, Mark took Jen on a romantic gondola ride.  Mark also took Jen to dinner in an aquarium.  For his second one-on-one date, Mark took Amanda to an animal sanctuary.  Mark also took Amanda to dinner at a Japanese restaurant.

At the elimination ceremony, Mark told forty-eight year old Jen that he was sorry that he just didn’t think it would work out.  Mark told twenty-five year old Amanda that it had been an amazing journey and that he would love for her to continue that journey with him.  Amanda Salinas said “I think I’m a little bit happier than the happiest girl in the world, because I have my man.  I have Mark.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for Age Of
Love
news.  For
other great Age Of Love news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Age Of
Love

Topics: Age Of Love |

47 Responses to “Age Of Love Winner Is Amanda Salinas”

1. tolu Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 9:43 pm

i am disapointed he choose Amanda because she seemed obsessed rather than in love. Anyway, the show was very predictable.

2. Brianna Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 10:14 pm

I am sick and tired of people saying they hate Amanda and she shouldn’t win and all that stuff, she won, and you should not be disappointed in Mark, he made the decision based on what was in his heart, you can’t change who you love, so get over it, I hope that Mark and Amanda will be very happy, and it is very plain to see that they are in fact IN LOVE!

3. Hawaii Joe Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 10:22 pm

Mark, you screwed up! Jen would’ve rocked your world!

4. Argyro Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 10:24 pm

I am sooo happy that Mark picked Amanda!! I had no idea who Mark would choose , because he really felt close with both girls….Amanda really cares for him & I think that they will continue beiing together since they both are into eachother and that they have this chemistry between them!

5. jess Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 10:32 pm

it was obvious that amanda would win…the last girl mark was with (and who he proposed to) was an 18 year old who looks very similar to amanda. i dont see how they could be in love with each other..more likely its infatuation. but they are happy for now so thats all that matters.

6. Camille Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 10:52 pm

It’s sad that Mark led Jen on the way he did, especially with the carriage ride, and the off-camera “massages”. If he knew in his mind that he was going to pick Amanda in the end, he shouldn’t have taken it so far with her, what a scum bag. He seems like the kind of guy that is always looking for more, and all this can mean for Amanda in the future is her sitting at home with a cup of tea, wondering what he’s up to.

7. Matt Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 11:13 pm

To the victor goes the spoils.
    I only wonder what will happen next between Mark and Amanda.

In the end, another typical dating reality show took everyone by surprise…including myself.
    I feel so sorry for Jennifer. She tried everything, and I mean everything to charm Mark. I will never understand why, I guess.

8. marty Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 12:06 am

well i would have chosen Jen, but then again i am her age. However, if i was 30 and wanted a family, then i would have to choose Amanda. Both offer something different. Mark could not lose.

9. Mylo Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 12:23 am

so does anyone know if they are still together.

10. Jason Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 12:42 am

Amanda is the right choice. I would choose her if I were in Mark’s shoe.

11. amanda Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 12:44 am

my mom wanted amanda but i wanted megen to win…………..(sigh)i wish megen had won but my second was amanda and third jen

12. Jen fan Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 1:03 am

Jen should have won…done deal! she deserved him and amanda is one of those annoying girls that gets obsessed with the first guy that she kisses..YUCK she should go get surgery on her freakin horse teeth than start falling love

13. Barbara Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 1:41 am

The constant narration promising that we would be surprised by the outcome was such a hoot. The writing was on the wall during the first episode. Mark must be an aspiring actor because he sure camouflaged his true colors in order to play the story line of the theme for this reality series. But he was very honest about his prior history with younger women. I even thought Amanda was too old for him and he really wanted Megan. The only surprise is that all the older women all seemed so devastated once he kicked them to the curb and really seemed to think they had a chance at winning.

I really don’t expect Amanda to be capable of holding Mark’s interest or attention for very long. She seems like such an insecure, jealous, and needy young woman.

14. no big fan Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 7:22 am

They deserve each other. Two very superficial (not very smart) people.

15. Dog Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 7:29 am

In the two eps I saw, Amanda was was way too possessive. This will not last.

Oh Wait! It’s taped – so they’ve probably already broken up!

16. Fan of the show Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 10:38 am

I was really glad that Mark chose Amanda because both seemed to be “into each other”. Jen was totally awesome, but the age problem with having children was her downfall. I enjoyed the show!

17. Deb Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 11:40 am

This show was so “rigged.” Mark only had two dates with Amanda and one of those included the night before his decision. He clearly was not too happy at the end and I am sure these two are no longer together and never were. She was saying she was in love with him? Please. If you can fall in love with someone after one date, then you are too gullable and immature. I am sure they parted ways after the show. Nothing against Amanda, but there was no chemistry between them.

18. Emily Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 12:05 pm

I’ve read a lot of articles on what happened in the season finale today. Let me just say, I am sick of all of them being so biased. I bet all the people writing these articles are women in their 40′s.

Come on. Amanda was only 5/6 years younger than Mark. Get over it.

19. Heather Goddard Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 3:35 pm

Does anyone know if Mark and Amanda are still together and if so, where can I read about it?
    Thanks everyone.

20. anonymouse Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 10:32 pm

AMANDA WON AND IF YOU DON’T LIKE THAT TO F BAD. SHE WON BECAUSE MARK LIKED HER THE MOST. JEN LOST BECAUSE SHE DIDN’T CONNECT WITH MARK LIKE AMANDA DID.

CONGRATS AMANDA YOU ROCK!!!

21. maggie Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 10:45 pm

The comments on here saying Jen was the one he should have picked are probably being posted by her! She was sooo fake! There’s a reason she’s 48 and single! Amanda was sincere, normal and obviously grabbed Mark’s heart from the beginning.

22. Ali Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 11:29 pm

I think Mark should have definitely chosen Jen. It was obvious that he wanted to pick but was pressured into by his mom and the need for grandchildren. Amanda is psycho and Mark should watch out for her because she becomes jealous over everything and Mark doesn’t seem like that is the type of girl he wants. I hope he learned how she really is from watching the show and gets out as fast as possible and should feel like an idiot for not choosing Jen. I feel like watching this show was a waste of time because the result was obvious and if age did not matter he would have chosen Jen.

23. Ali Says:
    August 7th, 2007 at 11:32 pm

Oh and obviously Maggie who posted that Amanda was sincere and normal must be just as crazy and obsessive like Amanda because anyone who thinks she is normal is just as psycho as her. Jen was the real one

24. jack Says:
    August 8th, 2007 at 8:00 am

Amanda was way too obsessive and not even as pretty as Jen but he picked Amanda and that shows you what he can handle….48 definately RULED the possesive 25yr old…

25. Lilly Says:
    August 8th, 2007 at 11:35 am

I think he should have chose Jen. Who cares if she was 48. She had a career and is independent. That makes her less needy and with his career, will he have time to coddle Amanda? She went on a reality TV show where you know when you sign up you are competing against other women. Kissing will be involved! She was whining about him spending time with the other women. There wouldn’t have been a show if he just picked a girl.

26. kayla Says:
    August 8th, 2007 at 2:21 pm

amanda was a psycho insecure bitch. and mark was the most boring bachelor in t.v. history. they deserve each other. jen was too good for him

27. Fob Says:
    August 8th, 2007 at 8:21 pm

I think Mark made the right decision….amanda’s sooo much hotter than Jen anyways =P

and besides, Jen was 48!

yay AMANDA! =) its sad how megan couldnt go to Australia cuz she was afraid of flying, she was my second choice =D

28. Angie Says:
    August 8th, 2007 at 8:52 pm

Jen was like totally ugly… I’m glad he chose Amanda! Except for the fact that Amanda is 25 and she already has wrinkles… Megan was good… But she wouldn’t fly… and she was kinda dumb… He had a lot of good choices but eliminated them all!

29. Tracey Says:
    August 9th, 2007 at 10:19 am

Well, more often than not these reality couples do not last.maybe he did like Jen more but he may want children someday and at 48 I doubt jen would want more children.In that case I would say age matters.But if it’s a situation where neither wants children or any more children that it is simply not a factor.I don’t see why Jen or any of the women in their 40s would be into Mark anyway.I am 36 and there is nothing a a man in his early 30s could do for me.

30. Karen Says:
    August 9th, 2007 at 9:39 pm

Who cares?! This had to be one of the most boring reality shows ever. Mark was BORING, the age “twist” was dumb. To ignore women in their 30s was just plain stupid. Why couldn’t he have just been introduced to women in their 20s, 30s, and 40s and not been told their ages (with them also not disclosing their ages during the whole show) … then let him make his decision based on chemistry and personality alone, not age. That would have been more of “twist.” What if he had actually picked Jen thinking wshe was in her late 30s and found out AFTERWARDS that she was 48! Obviously if he wants to have children then he’s going to make a decision based on that so she had no chance at the end. Just my 2 cents.

31. dian Says:
    August 10th, 2007 at 12:16 am

Yeah i guess age does matter in a relationship

32. Christine Says:
    August 10th, 2007 at 2:51 am

I knew he would pick a 20 something. He said he wanted kids. At 40+ the baby factory is usually out of business. The show was a dumb idea.

33. Diane Says:
    August 10th, 2007 at 12:44 pm

HELLO PEOPLE! How did everyone like Jen? She was soooo yucky. I think it is hilarious everyone thinks she is so pretty. Give credit where credit is due and thank her plastic surgeon. She had such a pulled face her eyebrows were in the center of her forehead.

Beyond physical beauty (or lack thereof), she was also a total shallow game player. Amanda fell easy, but she is young and honest, but Jen was just playing games and only really liked Mark after their “massage”. She did EVERYTHING she could to keep him, but in the end he saw her as she was. I think she should end up with Jayanna. They seem quite compatable

34. Jenna Says:
    August 10th, 2007 at 1:03 pm

Did you really expect a 30 year old guy who is looking to start his life and eventually start a family to pick a 48 year old woman?? No offense to 48 year olds, but they are in a very different place than a 30 year old. The whole “cougar” thing was ridiculous seeing that in one of the first episodes, Mark mentioned he hoped one of these women would be the future “mother of his children”…something which most of the “cougars” would be incapable of giving him. I liked Jenn and the other older women a great deal…strong, established, confident…they were great!…but not for a 30 year old just beginning the rest of his life. Age DOES matter, and it’s naive to think it doesn’t.

35. p Says:
    August 11th, 2007 at 9:28 pm

I can’t imagine Mark picking Jen. I am very close to her age and I saw right through her. She was a snobish bitch. I can’t imagine making out with a guy 5 years older than my son. YUK! With her track record she must of been desperate to go on this show and think she could get a 30 year old guy. Her face was so fixed with plastic surgery it was disgusting. Her face had been pulled to tight. Plus in the end she looked older than 48.

36. April Says:
    August 12th, 2007 at 3:03 pm

I am glad mark picked Amanda. They so go together. She is realy cool,sexy,and I love her smile. What was he suppose to do about jen? I do not even know when he knew who was going home so you can not really blam him for sending Jen home.I did not like how Jen bragged in the beginnig of her time with Mark but hey we were not there talking to him so we can not know for sure. anyway i am realy glad Mark picked amanda.

37. GeoD Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 8:06 pm

Mark said up front that he wanted kids. Do you really think he was going to pick the old broad? She was the lucky one anyway because Mark was shallow and stupid as a box of rocks. Did any of you ever hear him say anything remotly funney or smart all season? No, I did’nt think so.

38. nadeen Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 7:54 pm

At the end…mark and amanda will break up because shes too obssessive. If he starts talking to a girl or something amanda will get too suspicious and like..stalk him and follow him everywhere. she is psycho. Age doesnt matter. If theres love. thenn thats what matters. and i bet he would of picked jen if his mom didnt say she liked amanda better. it pisses me off that he picked buck teeth. And im 13 and i wanted a 42 year old to win not a 25 year old. Age doesnt matter. Personality does to me. Jen helped out everywhere and talked and was great and amanda was sitting on her ass watching. WTF?…Mark does not know what thehell he is doing.

39. normal30yearoldman Says:
    August 23rd, 2007 at 8:51 am

Yuk… i would never have a massage with a 48 year old mama… how can you get a hard on with a 48 year old plastic surgery mama

40. cazza1 Says:
    August 23rd, 2007 at 9:16 am

As an Australian I am disappointed Mark was so shallow. He does not love Amanda. Nor most likely any of the them. This was just a game. He played it well. The creep. In essecnce I agree with the majority. That he knew he wanted kids, yet he led Jen on to the very end. When Maria left the show he told he, she would have been staying. Meaning Jen would have been eliminated. Amanda will not last. She is obsessive, possessive, jealous, and Mark wont tolerate that for long. But its no more than he deserves.. While Jen was older, I had respect for her class, her poise, her looks (bought or not) Mind you no one could buy the body she had.. Good on mama! Mark will be single before too long.

41. Beak Says:
    August 23rd, 2007 at 12:12 pm

When Mark was beaten by Federer he swore that he was going to come back and win wimbledon. I guess this program just shows that he’s well and truly given that idea away.

Obviously women in their thirties are right out of the question for Mark…………or more realistically buffer the rivalry factor for the Producers who love big ratings

42. jelly Says:
    August 24th, 2007 at 8:27 am

I think mark is a stupid man.

He got what he deserved.
    Mark had Delta, beautiful, young intelligent but blew it with his cheating.

He will never get a woman as good as that again. Honestly i like Amanda, but no match for Delta Goodrem.

43. MP Says:
    September 3rd, 2007 at 4:04 pm

Is it me or anybody else thinks, that Amanda’s personality is one of a stalker and may be even a psycho.
    Mark is from non-violent, relaxed, fun loving Australia, he has no clue, that some women could be stalkers. Too bad that 21 y. o was afraid of flying, Mark would be so much better off with her. I do not think, Mark could make Jen happy, he is so immature…, nothing an experienced woman would be interested in, may just some hot sex for a while.., otherwise, he is so-o-o-o boring… American guys,would you date a girl with Amanda’s personality?

44. april Says:
    September 4th, 2007 at 10:15 am

i totally agree with you heather goddard who posted on august 7th.everyone else should get a life and relise that they have true love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

45. shell Says:
    September 6th, 2007 at 6:10 pm

this is for tolu…. i just wanted to inform you that if he loves amanda, then explain to me why he would sleep with jen that one night? if your inlove with someone… you know better not to do anything stupid to hurt that person you love. so, obviously he wants amanda because shes younger and his obssesed.

46. spring chicken Says:
    September 8th, 2007 at 7:37 pm

age of love was just nothing to embrace,no energy in the show.Watched it hated it thank god the program is gone to hell.Mark is screwed and gives australian people a bad name then again he was hopeless in tennis hopeless in love,A cheater.wHO GIVES A FLYING RATS butt about this loser.Treat the women with respect i feel.Age is a factor theres no 2 way about that either.Least the program got everyones mind active and typing messages aye?So on that note may the producers put on something like who will pick the clown lol
    cheers people

47. Jewels Says:
    September 22nd, 2007 at 8:33 am

Mark was ugly and Amanda was a sap who is a very immature 25 year old. Jen was an absolutely gorgeous 48 year old who is probably now with a much better looking and less boring guy.

Comments