August 13, 2007 08:03 PM by Joe Blackmon

Pashakovalev_laurengottliebTo kick off the eighth So You Think You Can Dance results show, the
remaining six dancers performed to “2:19″ by Tom Waits.  Guest judge
Debbie Allen joined regular judges Mary Murphy and Nigel Lythgoe.  Hot
Cat Deeley revealed that over ten and half million votes had been cast
for the top six dancers.

Special guest Titus Fotso performed with the African Dance Music Ensemble.  Then, the top three female dancers performed.  Sabra Johnson danced to “I Gotcha” by the original Broadway cast of Fosse.  Lauren Gottlieb danced to “Heartbreaker” by Pat Benatar.  Lacey Schwimmer danced to “What I Like About You” by Lillix.

Next the top three male dancers performed.  Pasha Kovalev danced to “Zoot Suit Riot” by Cherry Poppin’ Daddies.  Neil Haskell danced to “All That I Am” by Rob Thomas.  Danny Tidwell danced to “2 The Sky” by Robin Thicke.

In a wonderful new program, the choreographers from So You Think You Can Dance worked with teachers who teach after school dance programs to inner city kids in LA.  Next, Lil C and the Neph Squad krumped to “Nephz Up!” by Tha J-Squad.

After a review of last week’s performances by Sabra Johnson, Lauren Gottlieb, and Lacey Schwimmer, Cat Deeley revealed that Lacey Schwimmer was the first girl dancer to make the So You Think Can Dance finale.  After a review of last week’s performances by Pasha Kovalev, Neil Haskell, and Danny Tidwell, Cat Deeley revealed that Danny Tidwell was the first guy dancer to make the So You Think You Can Dance finale.

In bad news for the studio audience, Cat Deeley revealed that the show was being recorded on Thursday night.  In order to preserve the integrity of the announcement of who had been eliminated until the Monday show, Cat Deeley asked the studio audience to leave.  The audience gave the thumbs down and complained as they left.

After the audience was gone, Cat Deeley revealed that Sabra Johnson was the second girl dancer to make it to the So You Think You Can Dance finale.  Lauren Gottlieb was eliminated from the competition.  Next, Cat Deeley revealed that Neil Haskell was the second guy dancer to make it to the So You Think You Can Dance finale.  Pasha Kovalev was eliminated from the competition.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for So You Think You Can
Dance
news.  For other great So You Think You Can
Dance news, please also check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can
Dance

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

43 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance Results – Lauren Gottlieb And Pasha Kovalev Eliminated”

1. Jonathon Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 8:32 pm

Danny, you should go home. Pasha should have made it to the top 4.

2. Alex Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 9:01 pm

*sigh* How did Danny make it over Pasha?! Pasha is perfection. :(

3. Nabor Aragon Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

Sabra should win the competition. She’s very talented and has proven that she can work well with partners. Lacey is overrated. She’s only made it this far because her brother BEN=G won last year. That’s so unfair. I hope that Lacey doesn’t win.

4. Nicky Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 9:20 pm

I’m sooo sad that Pasha got kicked out!!!comeon people!! vote for people who have talent…Pasha and Sabra are the best dancers in this group…

5. Gretchen Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 9:24 pm

WOW finally america got it right..lauren should have gone home weeks ago!!! but pasha??? come people…he is so talented and more then a latin ballroom dancer!!!

6. Kyle Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 9:34 pm

I agree that Pasha is a great dancer, but he’s much stronger as a PARTNER and not a solo dancer, and the competition is about finding ONE dancer. By the end of it all, only one person will win.

That being said, I’m totally gunning for Danny, with Sabra being my back up if it’s not him. I think they’ll be the final 2.

7. Annie Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 9:57 pm

asdkj;lgasf;klj PASHA!?!?!
    Lauren I can live with.
    But…. PASHA?????????

Ok, now I guess I’ll have to cheer for Sabra. All my favorites seem to be leaving… =(

So, uh, GO SABRA.

8. Anonymous Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 10:17 pm

Sabra for the win!

9. Jim Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 10:21 pm

Sabra will win, if not then Neil. But I’m sure this season it’ll be a girl.

10. Tits Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 10:22 pm

i hope sabra wins!! go sabra!!

11. Negro Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 10:24 pm

OMFG WHY DID DANNY GET IN TOP 4, HE SUCKS! SHOULD HAVE GONE HOME A LONG TIME AGO. BRING BACK LAUREN, YOU ROCK!

12. Danno Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 11:03 pm

You guys are NUTS if you think Pasha should be there over Danny. Danny is the BEST dancer of all of them. Sabre is the most versatile and well rounded. She should win, with Danny coming in 2nd.

America got it right with Pasha and Lauren leaving. Good job voting America!!!

13. Anonymous Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 11:11 pm

america got it right ..the best dancers are the final 4 …GO DANNY

14. mikey Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 11:16 pm

NEIL should win it all

15. Meghan Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 11:24 pm

Danny is a great dancer but I have never liked him. He is so arrogant. I am so afraid that he will win this whole competition.

I think Lacey is also a terrific dancer but she needs to stop acting like a stripper.

Sabra is my favorite. She dances like an angel.

16. sue Says:
    August 13th, 2007 at 11:37 pm

WHY was the viewing day changed?!
    CRIPES! We watch, we enjoy, we encourage, we vote–now we’ve missed one of the biggest shows because the show was aired on Monday rather than the usual Tuesday.
    Will the August 13th show be shown again? If so, when? If not–forget you and your sponsors.

17. Anonymous Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 12:15 am

If only Sara hadn’t been eliminated the week before… I’m not even going to go into how I can’t believe Lauren made it past her.

And with that said, SABRA FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Cindy Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 12:21 am

I really enjoyed watching Pasha every single time he danced. I voted for him like 50 times and was disappointed to see him leave this week. I hope those that liked him so much were actually voting for him. I do think Sabra is the best overall and agree that Lacey is overrated. Danny is a nice dancer with technique only. I don’t think he has the heart like in Sabra, Pasha and Jamie who was voted off a couple of weeks ago. Good luck to them all.

19. Dan Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 12:37 am

Go Lacey! Not only do I hope she wins, I know she’ll win. And the reason why has nothing to do with her brother – it’s all because of her ultra talented self and her loyal fans voting their fingers off for her!

20. Craig Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 12:52 am

Lacey is such a slut. I can’t stand her trying to act innocent after she goes out and strips and sticks her ass into the camera. Go home Lacey. And tell Benji to stop telling people to vote for you

21. SpongingHouse Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 1:10 am

Which is why she will win.

22. Anonymous Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 2:05 am

lacey or neil better win. neil has the technique and the stage presence. and lacey has just been freakin awesome the whole season.

23. AfroLatinasUnite Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 2:22 am

I really want sabra to win because, um, i don’t know, she’s GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Lacey is really overrated. She’s not half as likeable as her brother, whom i voted for like a fiend. Sabra has shown growth and heart. She should win, and she will if i have anything to do with it. She doesn’t have to rely on anything else besides her talent, which is why she is more deserving.

24. chris Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 5:27 am

there was so many good dancers that unfortunately there was only 4 spots they all deserved it

25. Nancy Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 7:07 am

*sigh* How did Danny make it over Pasha?! Pasha is perfection

agreee 100000% also LAUREN has more
    personality than LACEY

i will be sooooooo upset if SABRA doesnt win very very very upset

26. Pete Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 7:49 am

The talent was very broad in this year’s competition, to the point that I think SYTYCD should take their top 12 on tour so that Hok and Jamie could be included. The finalists aren’t quite as exciting as in Season 2, though.

I’m disappointed that Lacey didn’t get voted off. In her solos, she keeps coming back to these repetitive sashays and poses, and I feel that she tries to manipulate the audience with her “sexiness”. I thought the sexiest girl this year was Sara, and she didn’t work at it. She was Betty Rubble to Lacey’s Wilma Flintstone.

Danny’s a heck of a dancer and should probably win, but he is very self-conscious which keeps him from being a great entertainer. Sabra really puts it out there, but she’s very hyper and I’d have trouble watching her for an hour. I can’t find any fault with Neil, exactly, but he’s just not in the same class with last year’s top two guys so I lack enthusiasm.

27. charles Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 7:57 am

I have to say, I am ecstatic about the final four. They were the four I was hoping for and they made it. Pasha was one of my favorites, but lacks some performance quality. Lauren is an exceptional dancer, but was highly overrated.

Lacey-not just her brother’s sister anymore.
    Neil-went from class clown to class star.
    Danny-from a perfectly dancing drone to having a personality.
    Sabre-clearly should win this year. Versatility, performance quality and just sheer joy to watch dance.

28. Jayne Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 8:36 am

I believe America did well. However, I did enjoy Lauren and really all the dancers were good this year – it was a wonderful show. I must agree though with one response – I do believe Lacey is there because of her brother. Lacey doesn’t perform as if it is her life – she is just “on”. Unlike Sabra who performs from her heart. All of Lacey’s solos were boring other than shaking her bootey into the camera. She is also very flirtatious – I suppose some like that – but it isn’t dancing.

29. Amy Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 8:47 am

I am very sad Pasha did not make it to the top 4. He was the best male dancer! America got it Wrong!

30. Janie Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 9:13 am

If Lacey wins over Sabra, I will lose all faith in the American voting public. Or at least the millions of pre-teens and various demographic groups that make up most of the SYTYCD viewers.

And just as a general plee, try to vote for someone that really deserves it with their DANCING ability (not that any of them are bad dancers–they’re all very good) as opposed to any other frivolous details like “hotness” that may taint your judgment in the matter.

Thank you.

31. GAIL Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 9:21 am

Being a dancer myself I have enjoyed this entire season. There has been so much talent and excitment on stage. Sabra has been my favorite since day one and I believe that she will and should win. Danny is a beautiful and talented dancer and should be one of the final two. He is beginning to share his dance with the audience. Sabra makes you feel good and you can feel her energy come off the stage into the audience and into our living rooms. Good luck to the remaining four. My prediction is that Sabra will take it all.

32. Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 9:29 am

Justice has been served for Sara once Lauren FINALLY got the boot last night.

My prediction for this week’s finale: the final 2 will come down to Sabra and Lacey, which could go either way.

But based on overall popularity, my money is on Lacey to win a very close race, making her the 3rd consecutive winner from California.

My prediction: LACEY WINS BASED ON OVERALL POPULARITY THIS SEASON, my money is on her so Sabra is dreaming.

33. deedee Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 9:35 am

to Nancy
    Hok is going on the tour as an alternate. Nigel said that they always take two or three alternates and would be extending offers to Hok and Anya. Dominick confirmed in a recent interview that he Hok and Sara are practicing on a routine for the tour

34. Terry Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 10:14 am

I hope Sabra takes it all!!! She has been so consistent in her dancing, whether she dances alone or with a partner. She is the all-around best. The judges also love her.

GO SABRA GO!!!!!

35. Fob Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 1:40 pm

=( lauren was hot
    oh well i knew they would get kicked out this week
    dont miss the 2 day season finale guys!! on FOX wednesday and thursday 8/7c =)

36. Annette Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 1:45 pm

Go Danny and Sabra!
    Danny is a beautiful dancer and he always brings passion and intensity to his duets. Sabra is amazing and I think she’ll take the top prize. It would have been great to see them dance together!

37. May Says:
    August 14th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

It sucks so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t want Pasha to go yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The finale would have sound more excited if Pasha made it!!!! Er!

38. Sarah Says:
    August 15th, 2007 at 2:43 am

I’m happy with the results. I mean I like Pasha but he doesn’t compare with Neil or Danny. Neil is amazing and his turns are brilliant. Danny is just in his own league, he is the best dancer on this show. His extention and turns are amazing!!! I hope he wins!!!

39. Candyce Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 6:21 pm

To all of those unsure of who the winner will be tonight, It is Danny by a mile! Not only does he deserve it, but did you try voting for him last night? It was CRAZY!! I could not get through to save my life b/c there were so many calls being made to him. I thought that it may have been a tech. problem so I tried calling the other dancers numbers to see if it happened to them and theirs went right through. Thanks for everyone who voted for Danny! I can’t wait to see his beautiful self piroutte into a victory.

40. Paula Says:
    August 17th, 2007 at 12:55 pm

omg ok, i cannot believe they left lacey there and lauren left. but oh well. i think neil should win because he’s the dancer who’s grown the most and deserves the title. but danny;s moves are,,,MAGICAL!!! so idk. either way. both danny and lacey are really liked because of their siblings being in the previous competition so it isnt exactly fair.lauren and neil and sabra got there with their own hard work. i didnt think sabra should have won though,but what r u gonna do.

i loved lauren and pasha.i knew they werent gonna win, but i loved them!

41. KimP Says:
    September 3rd, 2007 at 7:26 am

u guyz r all nutz!!! give comments as if u dance REALLY well!! support their talent!!!
    if u guyz continue to criticised ppl, someone will criticised u back…
    its lyke the saying goes, what goes around, comes around….karma WILL strike back!!! so stop ur behaviour

42. Anonymous Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 4:14 am

Hi im ur fan look i realiy wanted kameron and lacey and u and pasha and neil and denny to win but ugly sabra won lolll im 10 years old kk mwa cya later

43. Anonymous Says: