So You Think You Can Dance 3 Finale Performance Show

August 15, 2007 09:17 PM by Joe Blackmon

Sytycd3_finalfourOn the So You Think You Can Dance 3 final performance show, the final
four started off by performing a group dance to “Mein Herr” by Liza
Minnelli from the Cabaret soundtrack.  For the first solo performance,
Lacey Schwimmer danced to “Technologic” by Daft Punk.  Nigel Lythgoe
said “I think you’re fantastic.”  Mary Murphy said “I thought it was
much better prepared tonight.”  Dan Karaty said “For me, you are pure
entertainment.”

For the first couples performance, Sabra Johnson and Neil Haskell danced Hip-Hop to “Whine Up” by Kat DeLuna.  Nigel Lythgoe said “It wasn’t as funky as I would have liked it.”  Mary Murphy said “I expected honestly more right now at this point, so I’m left sitting here just a little disappointed.”  Dan Karaty said “It’s not that it wasn’t good.  It’s just that we’ve already seen you do it better.”

For the second couples performance, Lacey Schwimmer and Danny Tidwell danced the Viennese Waltz to “Keep Holding On” by Avril Lavigne.  Nigel Lythgoe said “This is the standard I was expecting from the finale.”  Mary Murphy said “You just made it look effortless.”  Dan Karaty said “The two of you together aren’t even fair.  I think you’re incredible, amazing.”

For the second solo performance, Neil Haskell danced to “Gravity” by Shawn McDonald.  Nigel Lythgoe said “I think he’s come good at the right time.”  Mary Murphy said “It had the tricks, but there was also a calmness and maturity about the way that you’re dancing.”  Dan Karaty said “Dynamic would be the word that I would use for you.”

For the third couples performance, Lacey Schwimmer and Sabra Johnson pretended to be foxes and danced to “Koyal” by Nitin Sawhney.  Nigel Lythgoe said “I didn’t get that at all I’m afraid.”  Mary Murphy said “It didn’t showcase I don’t feel your talents to the best of your abilities.”  Dan Karaty said “I think you will have people who absolutely love this, and then you’ll have people who do not.”

For the third solo performance, Danny Tidwell danced to “We Are The Champions” by Gavin DeGraw.  Nigel Lythgoe said “You are outstanding, and every young man watching this show should aspire to be as good as you.”  Mary Murphy said “I will never ever get tired of watching you dance.”  Dan Karaty said “What is in the water at your mom’s studio?  Between Travis and then Jamie and you, you guys are all phenomenal.”

For the fourth couples performance, Danny Tidwell and Neil Haskell danced contemporary to “Are You The One?” by The Presets.  Nigel Lythgoe said “Well, I thought it was great.”  Mary Murphy said “I loved it.”  Dan Karaty said “You guys were really throwing down.”

For the fourth solo performance, Sabra Johnson danced to “Wonderful World” by James Morrison.  Nigel Lythgoe said “You have this energy that draws us into you.”  Mary Murphy said “You have everything it takes to be the champion of this show.”  Dan Karaty said “You’re absolutely amazing up there.  You deserve to be here, that’s for sure.”

For the fifth couples performance, Lacey Schwimmer and Neil Haskell danced the Lindy Hop to “Bill’s Bounce” by The Big Elliot Swing Orchestra.  Nigel Lythgoe said “Both excellent.”  Mary Murphy said “As tired as you both must be, you still really pulled it off.”  Dan Karaty said “That is entertainment at its best.”

For the sixth couples performance, Sabra Johnson and Danny Tidwell danced the Cha-Cha to “Gotta Get Down” by Celia Cruz.  Nigel Lythgoe said “You really do work well together as partners.”  Mary Murphy said “I feel like the performance level was picked up through the second half all the way to the finish.”  Dan Karaty said “I thought you guys were hot.  I thought you nailed it.  It was great.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for So You Think You Can
Dance
news.  For other great So You Think You Can
Dance news, please also check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can
Dance

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

24 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance 3 Finale Performance Show”

1. M Says:
    August 15th, 2007 at 9:31 pm

WOW! Great show!

These FOUR were the absolute perfect final 4! Any one of them would be great for the win!

… although, all-round, Lacey should take it!

2. Fob Says:
    August 15th, 2007 at 10:05 pm

YAYAY! one of the bestest shows of the season … i agree with person above, LACEY SHOULD WIN!!!

yay dont miss season finale episode on FOX 8/7c thursday 8/16/07!

3. Heather Says:
    August 15th, 2007 at 10:16 pm

I loved this episode and I love all of the final 4, except Lacey. People only love her cuz she is Benji’s sister. (who I also did not like)She has quit dancing so many times that it is obvious that she is just doing this contest because she knows she has a chance to win the money cuz her brother was so well liked. I will be furious if she wins because someone else should win besides anymore Schwimmers!!

4. Bobby McBride Says:
    August 15th, 2007 at 11:28 pm

I think the final two will be Lacey and Danny. Danny has done everything he could last week and this week to be a deserving finalist. That last solo he did tonight was OUTSTANDING.

5. Anonymous Says:
    August 15th, 2007 at 11:47 pm

i full heartedly agree. I think that Lacey is a great dancer, but if you take away the fact that she was Benji’s Sister, she would’nt have gotten as far. She said it herself, she only danced cause benji “inspired” her. I will not take away that Benji and Lacey are not good dancers, but i’m pulling for Sabra.

6. Sarah Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 12:30 am

yeah I sure hope Lacey doesn’t win. I mean she’s an amazing dancer but she has too much performance and not enough emotion. I’m pulling for the other 3. Especially Danny, he’s doing such a better job showing emotion and personality.

7. reality Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 1:21 am

lacey is a great dancer,as nigel said,she’s technically better than her brother. every style of choreogrphy given to her she’s performed all of them brilliantly..she’s deserving to be up there…but will she win ? no..,sabra is all around a better dancers…i’d vote for either one…lacey’s got it and you guys are just jealous.

8. Danno Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 4:58 am

An objective opinion:

1. Danny
    2. Sabra
    3. Neil
    4. Lacy

Danny threw DOWN tonight. That solo dance was RIDICULOUS!!!

Sabra, before tonight, you were tops, but you got passed by Danny I’m afraid. But you got it ALL.

Neil, way to come on strong.

Lacey, started off strong, but has faded the last few weeks (relative to the others that is).

9. Johnny Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 7:22 am

Here’s my prediction for tomorrow:

Fourth Place: Neil
    Third Place: Lacey
    Second Place: Sabra
    Winner: Danny

What do you think?

10. Jayn Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 7:38 am

I beg to differ – the person that states that people are jealous of Lacey – I don’t think so. I know that I am much older than everyone that post here, and Lacey and I can’t even be competitive. She’s a lovely young lady, that is riding on the coat tail of her brother. She appears very confident that she will get votes – you can tell by looking at her. Everyone else is just sweatin’, spitting and fallin’ apart – and she remains calm – because of Benji’s popularity. I was pleased when Benji won – he’s good – she’s a good dancer. Her Bio displays that she has no everlasting love for dance. Sabra – in four years has come this far and dances with her heart. Danny – is just a brilliant dancer, best form I have ever seen in many decades. Neil – is so inspirational when he dances and the best character performer out there. I’m pulling for Sabra and Danny, even Neil – but not Lacey. Lacey’s family got enough marketing going on for them. Not jealous – just the facts, from an older person’s perspective.

11. txuslady Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 9:55 am

Yes..Danny brought it on..just the best…as the Brits say. “Spot On”

I had to laugh when Neil and Danny danced..Mia must be watching Big Brother with the “Clapping in the face” now a trademark of Jameka on BB.
    This is God stopping me from hitting you, LOL

May the most favorite win tho tonight..but why the bashing of Lacey unless you are afraid she will win..all 4 are excellent..and I too am older than dirt..play fair..

12. Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 11:55 am

Sabra won the following states based on last night’s voting:
    1. Florida-Jeb Bush saved her a**
    2. Utah
    3. South Carolina
    4. Virginia (she won Danny’s home state HA HA like Bush won TN over Gore)
    5. Minnesota

5. Mississippi
    6. North Carolina
    7. Tennessee
    8. New Mexico
    9. California
    10. Texas

Neil won the following states:
    1. Ohio
    2. Arkansas
    3. Missouri
    4. Wisconsin
    5. Maryland
    6. Arizona
    7. Colorado
    8. Kentucky
    9. Indiana

Lacey got:
    1. Massachusetts
    2. Pennsylvania
    3. Hawaii

Kinda like Hillary against Romney against Bloombeg, against Tancredo.

13. maria Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 3:45 pm

I LOVE YOU DANNY YOU KNOW HOW TO MOVE IT

14. VIRI Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 3:47 pm

GREAT DANCES AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH

15. Jeanine Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 4:23 pm

I think Nigel was wrong for stating that a girl should win, he sould have said may the best dancer win. You guys are right about Lacey, she only doing because of her brother..

16. Elena Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 6:17 pm

My prediction in this order:

4th Place: Lacey
    3rd Place: Neil
    2nd Pace: Sabra
    Winner: Danny

17. Emily Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 6:46 pm

I think that Sabra, Danny or Neil should win.I absolutely despise Lacxey and she does not deserve to win.The only reason people vote for her is because she is Benji’s sister and nobody is jealous of her she is a ”bitch”.

18. Emily Says:

4th place: Lacey
    3rd place:Neil
    2nd place:danny
    WINNER:SABRA

20. NEISHA Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 7:07 pm

I THINK THAT DANNY SHOULD WIN THIS COMPETITION BECAUSE HE IS A BEAUTIFUL DANCER WITH ALOT OF HEART. I LOVE SABRA AND SHE DANCES BEAUTIFULLY THATS WHY SHE WILL HAVE TO COME SECOND. NEIL IS SO HOT HE MAKES ME TINGLE WHEN HE DANCES. AND LACEY IS ALOVELY GIRL BUT I KNOW THAT SHE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT THIS COMPETITION AND SHE NEEDS TO WASH HER STINK WEAVE REGULARLY. AND I AM NOT JEALOUS OF HER BECAUSE I AM HOTTER AND I REPEAT HOTTER THAN SHE IS

21. Wootch Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 7:08 pm

I have to agree with the people who posted
    1: Danny
    2: Sabra
    3: Neil
    4: Lacey

above, except for the fact I’d probably put Lacey above Neil. She is the better dancer but I actually have more fun watching Neil–and I’m a straight guy!!! I DO feel that Sabra might take it, based on votes but to me, Danny IS the best dancer, hands down. He’s really grown over the course of the show. He was closed, guarded and unlikable for the first few episodes. Wouldn’t mind seeing Sabra win AT ALL. She is a joy to watch.

Have to agree with Danno above too–Sabra, you’ve really impressed but may have lost at the finish last night to Danny. Neil, you’ve come on strong and like Nigel said, are peaking at the right time. Finally, Lacey, you are so fun to watch, cute and a great performer BUT haven’t been as impressive lately as the others have surged.

Well, tonight we’ll know!!!! Think it’s starting right now on the East Coast!!

22. alysha Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 9:26 pm

DANNNY has got the WHOLE package! he NAILED the show and did a great solo. He deserves to win!

23. no1uno Says:
    August 17th, 2007 at 12:40 pm

So let me get this right, the night before the final voting series, one of the judges says how it would be nice if a girl wins the competition this year, and then all of a sudden a girl wins? How bogus. Even Stevie Wonder could see that DANNY was, hands down, the BEST dancer and performer that show has EVER had in it’s existience. Furthermore, it really burns my bacon that one of the judges recognized prior participants in the audience that has had kids etc., the show had closing recorded highlights of all of the previous contestents, but when it gets down to the final two, they announce Sabre as the winner, the streamers drop, and the show goes off!!! What happened to giving DANNY his props and the rightful respect he deserves?!?!? They didn’t show a video of all of Danny’s journey, they didn’t give the judges a chance to make any final remarks, they didn’t pass the microphone to Danny to get his final words, and then to top it off, the comentator had the nerve to bring up that Danny was in the bottom three a few times… What a bunch of HATERS!!! This show left me in a funk because first of all, not to take anything away from the other dancers, but c’mon, Danny is in a class all by himself. In my personal opinion, he’s too good a dancer to even have to participate in a show like this. How in the world can he be put in the same league as the other dancers, and then at the end of the day not even win the competition? What a slap in the face! If anything, Sabre needs to be writing DANNY a check for at least half of her dough because in my opinion, Danny deserved ALL OF IT!!!!!!

YOU GO DANNY!!!! You’ll always be #1 in my book!!!! Don’t worry, Alvin Ailey and every other prominent dance company will be banging down your door to scoop you up (that is, if they haven’t already). :-)

24. linda Says:
    October 19th, 2007 at 3:32 pm

wait…………………….i dont live in the USA..so i cudnt vote….but the USA must contain some really dumb people who do not know what real talent is…why didnt danny win?.huh.
    they voted for sabra…for goodness sake..why are you voting for sabra.

AMERICANs ARE SOO STUPID THEY COULDNT VOTE FOR THE RIGHT PERSON!!

GO DANNY!! WOOHOO!!