Will A Girl Finally Win So You Think You Can Dance?

August 16, 2007 12:19 AM by Joe Blackmon

Sabra_laceyTonight, the winner of the third season of So You Think You Can Dance
will be crowned.  While the finalists for the last season of American
Idol
fell short in comparison to previous American Idol seasons in
regards to overall talent level, the same cannot be said fortunately
for this season of So You Think You Can Dance.

The So You Think You Can Dance judges outdid themselves in selecting the most overall talented group of finalists to take the stage in the shows three seasons.  The final six competition show proved to be a no holds barred dance-off of epic proportions, and while the final four competition show wasn’t quite as good, it still proved highly entertaining.

The biggest question might be “Will a girl finally win So You Think You Can Dance?”  For the previous two seasons, the title has gone to a male dancer.  Nick Lazzarini won the first season, while Benji Schwimmer won the second season.

During the performance finale, Nigel Lythgoe said “From the shows point of view, it would be good to see a girl win, because a girl hasn’t won yet.  From my own personal point of view, I’ll be happy to see anyone America chooses because any one of these four deserves it.”  Lythgoe makes a great point, because no matter who wins the third season of So You Think You Can Dance, they will have fully earned it by taking on some very tough competition.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for So You Think You Can
Dance
news.  For other great So You Think You Can
Dance news, please also check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can
Dance

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

19 Responses to “Will A Girl Finally Win So You Think You Can Dance?”

1. Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 9:10 am

Dial Idol has the following voting results:

1. Sabra (the only one in BLUE) has 32.02 percent

2. Danny has 24.57 percent

3. Lacey has 13.72 percent

4. Neil has 12.89 percent

It is obvious a girl will take the SYTYCD crown, ending two years of the good ole boy network.

2. Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte (France) Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 10:00 am

Dial Idol is wrong. Lacey Schwimmer will win. The best dance was the Viennese Waltz of course. The choreographers were French!

3. Tiffany Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 10:30 am

While I like all of the top 4 dancers, I’ve LOVED Sabra from the beginning (even when she did that boring disco dance with Dominic). I really hope she wins.

4. Belle Book Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 10:39 am

I voted two full hours for Sabra to win, so Dial Idol’s results are encouraging to me. I think Sabra should win, and I think she will win! We’ll have our first ever female winner on the show, and I’ll be a happy camper!

Belle Book

5. Lisa Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 10:51 am

I am all for Sabra. Although, I thought Danny did a fantastic job last night.

6. Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 11:49 am

Sabra or Lacey will end 2 years of the good ole boy network on SYTYCD like the late Texas Governor Ann Richards (D) did in her successful victory in 1990 over Midland tycoon Clayton Williams (R) in the race to replace unpopular Governor Bill Clements (R), who did not seek a 3rd non-consecutive term (1979-1983; 1987-1991).

7. Carrina Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 12:17 pm

I think Sabra is awesome but I really want Danny to win

8. bj Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 12:22 pm

I voted on two phones all night for Sabra! She has been the most consistent all season. Its not about last nights performance as the judges have said. Its about the entire season.

9. Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 12:34 pm

BJ, Danny will NOT win because Nigel & Co are not going to let that happen, look for either Sabra or Lacey to win the SYTYCD crown tonight, just watch.

10. Ndungu Steven Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 1:18 pm

Hey whats wrong with Neil winning the competition I like his moves n what he does shows real talent

11. Sarah Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 3:55 pm

I wanted a girl to win, but Danny is definately the best.

12. Lizzie Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 5:21 pm

I am all about Sabra!She is definitly the best.Whoever thinks otherwise is nuts.Sabra is fantastic.

13. Tom Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 6:30 pm

Lacey is hot, she will win.

14. Tom Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 6:37 pm

I think Lacey is amazingly beautiful, anyone else agree?

reason why im saying this:ppl will vote for her if its true

15. Tom Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 6:39 pm

Does anybody other than me think Lacey is baeutiful?

reason why im saying this:if other ppl agree on this, they will vote for her

16. Fob Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 6:53 pm

lol yeah tom, i think laceys pretty hot 2
    it was sad to see lauren go cuz she was great

but i think that laceys gonna win this season!!!
    yayaya go lacey!

17. Fob Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 6:54 pm

lol yeah tom, i think laceys pretty hot 2
    it was sad to see lauren go cuz she was great

but i think that laceys gonna win this season!!!
    yayaya go lacey!

18. Ndungu Steven Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 8:14 pm

I give the crown to Neil not danny you guyz get me serious

19. Lamea Brown Says:
    August 16th, 2007 at 9:14 pm

I want Sabra to win, she enbodies every quality a dancer should have. She is not only a dancer but an overall great preformer and inspiration to all.

Comments