America’s Got Talent Winner Is Terry Fator

August 21, 2007 09:06 PM by Joe Blackmon

Terry_fator_winnerTo kick off the America’s Got Talent finale, the final four acts
performed duets.  Butterscotch performed with Sean Kingston, Julienne
Irwin performed with Taylor Swift, Terry Fator performed with The
Muppets, and Cas Haley performed with UB40.

After the performances, the final four acts gathered on center stage to await the first results.  Host Jerry Springer revealed that Julienne Irwin was the first act eliminated from the competition.  Julienne Irwin said “I’m not upset about this at all.  I have been in such good company in this journey.  It far exceeded my expectations, so it’s just been so much fun.”

After a performance by Stomp Out Loud, Jerry Springer revealed that Butterscotch was the second act eliminated from the competition.  When asked about her experience, Butterscotch said “It’s been everything.  I’ve seen my dreams come true on this stage.  I’ve seen my dreams come true in real life, and thank you for your support.”

After a performance of “We Are The Champions” by the America’s Got Talent Audition All-Stars, David Hasselhoff sang “This Is The Moment.”  After re-introducing the top two finalists (Cas Haley and Terry Fator), Jerry Springer revealed that the winner of America’s Got Talent 2 and one million dollars was Terry Fator.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for America’s Got
Talent
news.  For other great America’s Got Talent
news, please also check out SirLinksALot: America’s Got
Talent

Topics: America's Got Talent |

35 Responses to “America’s Got Talent Winner Is Terry Fator”

1. Bobby McBride Says:
    August 21st, 2007 at 9:28 pm

Good for Terry. He really deserved to win. America got it right this year.

2. Brittney Says:
    August 21st, 2007 at 9:44 pm

I am from Mesquite, Texas like Terry and am so proud for him to have won and represent our talented city.

3. Tasha Mancill Says:
    August 21st, 2007 at 9:45 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! TERRY!!!!!!!
    I had a feeling you would win the very first time I saw you on stage. You are a very talented individual and I really enjoy watching you and look forward to seeing more of you and your many talents out there!!!!!

Remember to always keep God in your forefront!!!!

Because of Christ
    TashaLivesandLoves

4. penny from weirton Says:
    August 21st, 2007 at 9:55 pm

I never voted for anything ever, but I went last week and voted the maximum amount of times for Terry Fator because I thought he was the best act by far!!!! I loved him!!!!

5. bill rose Says:
    August 21st, 2007 at 10:14 pm

From the first night I wanted to go and buy one of Cas Haley’s albums. I think someone will be knocking on his door with a contract soon. I’ll be at Borders when his work gets published. Congrats to Terry.

6. sarah Says:
    August 21st, 2007 at 10:26 pm

When Terry Fator first appeared on the show I thought, ugh! another ventriloquist

but then he blew me away

he has reinvented ventriloquism. He is amazing!

I too never vote on these things, but I voted for Terry right from the start

7. Robert Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 12:18 am

what a crock that Terry won. His act was good, but it is horrible America voted a professional to win the show. I was hoping someone with undiscovered talent would win.

NBC and AGT should eliminate professional acts like Terry Fator and The Duttons and that cruise ship singer for next season. If you are making a living from your act, we all know it’s not undiscovered talent. I guess I should be shocked AGT’s top 10 wasn’t all professional acts.

8. cid Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 12:20 am

Terry is awesome.

I’m glad someone talented finally won something.

Terry, have fun :) I knew you’d win right from the start that I first saw you.

9. gloria wrigley Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 12:29 am

Hooray for Terry_–thrilled that you won-When will you be in Vegas??? See you there.

10. Haps Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 12:42 am

Cas Haley rocks! If you are interested in his work check out his band called Woodbelly from Dallas. You can buy their cd at

11. jordan Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 1:25 am

David Hasselhoff was terrible, there is no way he would have made it to the finale had he gone through the competition himself.

12. jordan Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 1:26 am

13. chris Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 2:40 am

Cas, you got robbed man

14. Lee Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 7:17 am

YEAAA for Terry! I’m especially glad that Kas guy didn’t win because everything he sang sounded alike.

15. Stevie Wonder Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 8:39 am

Cas Haley was not singing..he was just shouting. I think he should not even be in the top 10. I think Butterscroch should have been one of the top two. I think Terry Fator derserved to win. My top 4 choices would be: Terry Fator, Butterscotch, Sideswipe, Duttons

16. nancy Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 10:51 am

You have got to be kidding!! Sure the guy had talent, but how many people want to watch talking puppets? Really the wrong choice!

17. Dixie Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 10:55 am

I was thrilled that Terry and Cas were the final two. I thought they were both great and I knew I would be happy for who ever won and sad for who ever didn’t. Congrats to Terry – you deserved it. Cas did too but unfortunately there could be just one winner. I think they both should have got a million dollars. Best of luck to both of them. I hope to see Terry perform some day in Vegas and I hope to buy Cas’s album when he gets signed.

18. snakepop Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 11:54 am

The best man won. He was not only be wonderful ventriloguist but he could sing just as great. I think it is good he is trying to bring this art form back, its good to see something decent and not vulgar
    Cas was good but all his songs started to sound the same, and Butterscotch was good but it was a talent that was for a limited group of people Her piano songs were better then all that other stuff
    The othter girl was ok but she is very young and has lots of time to improve her singing. I think america got it right

19. Lois Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 12:23 pm

I was excited that terry won,what a awesome job. wish I had your Address to write you a congratuations note.

Cas you were good I hope you get a recording contract soon.
    Best of luck to you both.

20. fiona Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 1:13 pm

Congrats!!! to Terry. I thought he was awesome!!! Way to go!!!

21. Sandy Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 2:16 pm

TERRY FATOR – CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU. You were great – you are a talented individual. It’s about time an act that is different and amusing has won. I am an adult and I enjoyed watching you per-form. Your act is entertaining for all – the young and old.
    Cas Haley with your personality you will go places. You should sing some Cajon and Calypso music on your new album. My best to the both of you in the future.

22. Tammy Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 2:17 pm

Cas and Terry were my top two for weeks now so I was thrilled to see them both at the end! Although I prefered Cas overall and thought he deserved to win the grand prize by a narrow margin, I also loved Terry’s act. And toward the end of the show, I started thinking that it would be cool if Terry did win the million because ultimately Cas has more of an opportunity to make that kind of money in the future because of his genre of music/performance. So congrats Terry… You are awesome and a class act!!! Cas, see you on the road. You’re a revelation!

23. Sue McCormack Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 3:27 pm

I thought the two finalist on AGT was the very best two of the whole competition. I wish both could have won. I would like to email Terry Fator. Does he have an email address or a web site. I want to suggest that he make a dvd of all his acts so that those of us, and there are millions of us that will never get to see him perfom in Vegas, who voted him in can enjoy his performances. He could make a very good profit off of such an investment. That is the sad part of someone with a talent like his winning, only those that can go to where he is gets to enjoy it, where as say a singer can and does make cd’s that comes to us and anyone anywhere can enjoy it. Thank you.

24. Neale Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 4:26 pm

I was so thrilled for Terry! As for “Stevie Wonder’s” comment Who wants to watch talking puppets?

Apparently lots of people!

25. mj Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 8:04 pm

We think the second place winner should receive a smaller prize. They were both winners. thank you

26. laurie Says:
    August 23rd, 2007 at 5:22 am

Terry was good,but I really wanted Cas to win.I hope 2nd place got some kind of a prize too.He deserves it.Way to go Cas.You were GREAT!!

27. Jim Says:
    August 23rd, 2007 at 3:15 pm

Watching the credits roll by on tape was a real eye opener. They constantly mention the prize is a MILLION DOLLARS!!! But they never mention, and it goes by very quickly in the credits, it is awarded over a 40 year period. That is $25,0000 per year, 2 1/2% of the prize annually. I wonder how many of the judges, hosts, producers etc are waiting 40 years for a payout. It is dispicable and sleezy, Simon Cowell how can you sleep at night.

28. Julie Says:
    August 23rd, 2007 at 4:25 pm

I’m not happy with the resalts of this, a ventriloquist won 1 million dollars????? It gets boring after a while watching some pupet talk! I thought Butterscotch should of won because how many people can do what she dose so perfectly! She never missed a beat, and she did something different everytime!

29. cc Says:
    August 23rd, 2007 at 6:04 pm

That butterscotch girl was TERRIBLE! (She should be named buttersnot!) All she did was SPIT into the microphone! I am surprised she made it at all! Hope to never see her again. What a No Talent Act. I am glad Terry Fator won. He sang better than anyone on that stage and he did via ventriloquism! He really deserved to win!

30. Gary Says:
    August 24th, 2007 at 1:46 am

Terry Fator

I watched the show and was thrilled to see you win. You are one very talented person. I am
    glad to see you bring back Ventriloquist which it truly needed in the world of entertainment. You stood out from the rest,as the best contestant by you awesome singing. Good Luck to you and hope to see you in Vegas. I am scheduled to be at Bally’s the 2nd week in September for one week. I hope you are still performing there when we arrive. Again, what talent you have. If you had not won I would like to have seen Julienne Irwin win. She is very talented. I can’t wait to purchase her cd. Again, Congrats to you Tery Fator, you deserved it.

31. Like this show better than American Idol Says:
    August 27th, 2007 at 9:08 am

I think the judges on this show are far more professional in their advice to all the contestants in comparison to American Idol judges (and for AI, I use the term *judges* very loosely). I think Simon Cowell is just a rude pig and Paula Abdul needs to get her substance abuse problems in hand, and Randy Jackson is the only tolerable judge on AI and only sometimes, because he tends to laugh AT the poorly performing contestants. I so prefer Sharon Osbourne and David Hasselhoff and even that British guy…..on this show as compared to AI. Just my opinion.

I wanted Cas, Butterscotch, and Terry in the finals……Cas will get a contract from somebody – but Terry was probably the best ventriloquist I have EVER seen/heard.

Can’t wait for next season for America’s Got Talent!!!

32. JackK Says:
    September 15th, 2007 at 1:50 pm

Having now gotten over the sheer absurdity of the last season compared to that previous, I finally figured it out. After a season that produced Bianca Ryan, the time came to plan the new season. Simon Cowell and the other producers began to realize that AGT was a threat to AI. I can now hear the discussion in the board room. “One of American Idol’s attraction to one segment of the audience is the freaks. AGT will now focus on the freaks. We can replace Brandy with Sharon Osbourne and Regis with the Pied Piper of freaks, Jerry Springer.” The result was voting out talented singers and voting in a ridiculous awfully belly-dancing freak and an absurd “Bollywood” dancer. People do like to see the freaks and the ratings may have reflected that but it is unfair to talented contestants who will be kicked by the judges to make room for a “Boy Shakira.” I think the name of the show should be changed to America’s Got Freaks.
    Jack

33. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says:
    October 10th, 2007 at 2:07 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! TERRY!!!!!!!

34. Nick Niven Says:
    October 23rd, 2007 at 5:59 am

Terry,
    Congratulations of an big fan from The Netherlands – Europe.

35. tvAddict Says:
    June 12th, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Terry you are the man. Let’s hope the new season that premieres this week finds someone just as good as him.

Comments