Making The Band 4 Winner Is…

August 25, 2007 12:01 AM by Joe Blackmon

Diddy and the cast of MTV’s “Making The Band 4″ take over Times Square
for a live event Sunday night, August 26th beginning at 10PM ET where
the band will finally be unveiled. Fresh on the heels of creating the
successful all girl group ‘Danity Kane,’ whose Platinum album debuted
at number one selling more than 230,000 + copies in its first week.
The group toured with Christina Aguilera and The Pussycat Dolls and
will be releasing a new album on Bad Boy Records in 2008.

This season we will see if Diddy can apply his magic touch to create the ultimate all-male band.  From MTV’s Time’s Square studio, fans will welcome the 10 finalist from one of the most exciting seasons of the hit reality series Making The Band. In the season finale Diddy made a shocking announcement deciding not to pick the band but instead solicited the help of the MTV viewers.  At the live event on August 26th Diddy will reveal which deserving cast members will be chosen for the few coveted spots in the band.  Which of the ten finalist–Donnie, Michael, Jeremy, Brian C, Robert, Qwanell, Willie, Brian A, DeAngelo and Dyshon will remain standing?

Leading up to the big event fans have been voting for their favorite band member on makingtheband.mtv.com where there have been 400,000 online votes to date. Voting will continue until 10pm August 26th. Also, prior to the long awaited event fans can submit questions to Diddy and the cast via MTV.com that will be presented and answered during the live show.

This eagerly anticipated event will be filled with many surprises and promises to be a memorable experience for fans. This season viewers saw many unexpected twists–from Diddy’s long time show choreographer Laurie Ann Gibson being fired, to Diddy surprising the cast mid season with new candidates, to the infamous physical challenges that Diddy presents to the guys.

Sean “Diddy” Combs, Ted Iredell and Perry Dance will serve as executive producers. Jacquelyn French is the MTV executive overseeing ‘The Making The Band’ franchise. Francesca Spero is Producer for Bad Boy Entertainment.

Topics: Making The Band |

61 Responses to “Making The Band 4 Winner Is…”

1. The Truth Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 9:59 pm

I am absolutely disappointed, that Brian H. did not make the band. Brian H. had swagggerrrr! He was just cool and he could singgggg. I truly do feel kinda bad because every single one of them deserves to make it, but I think the last cut was truly not a good decision.

2. Anonymous Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:31 pm

man wat happened to DE’ANGELO! it should have been 6 not 5!!!!

3. realtime Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:32 pm

Where’s the afterparty at??

4. TARA Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:32 pm

I DEF AGREE WID YU I LOVED BRIAN H II THINK IT WAS A BAD DECISION TO LET BRIAN H GO..IM NOT TO HAPPY WID THE CHOICE DIDDY WENT WITH AND WHO HE PICKED FOR DA BAND..

5. candice Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:36 pm

who won?

6. Amarie4911 Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:48 pm

I felt the same way about Brian H and Deangelo but we should be happy that they haven’t signed their life away to Bad Boy records. I wanted all of the guys to make it, but maybe they are better off signing with someone else who will promote them better and allow them creative freedom to be themselves. I mean, the five finalists will end up just like Danity Kane (hasn’t Puffy been saying that they’re about to go into the studio for like six months now?) I am happy for the guys who made it and the guys who did it. I think that Carlos and Deangelo will have great careers

7. Jen Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:48 pm

Can someone tell me who made the band?

8. L Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:51 pm

So who won? Can someone please tell me? MTV was so wrong to just cut off broadcasting and have no information on their website.

9. Jen Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:52 pm

I am so glad Diddy picked those 5 peoples. Omg – WOO! Just who I wanted in the group ;]

10. china Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:55 pm

When will they show the rest?

11. china Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:55 pm

When will they show the rest?

12. china Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:55 pm

When will they show the rest?

13. china Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:56 pm

When will they show the rest?

14. D Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:57 pm

Brian A.
    Mike
    Robert
    Willie
    Qwanell

Donnie got a solo contract from Diddy.

15. MARLO Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:59 pm

THIS WAS THE BEST MTB EVER. ANY OF THE GUYS FROM THE TOP TEN COULD’VE EASILY ENDED UP IN THE GROUP. THIS IS THE BEST GROUP EVER AND DIDDY CAN’T GO WRONG WITH THESE FIVE, JUST HOPE HE BRINGS THE RIGHT SONGS, RIGHT BEATS, RIGHT PRODUCERS ETC..

16. vicky Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 10:59 pm

who did diddy pick

17. Anonymous Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 11:05 pm

This is bull the broadcast shut down most of ontario. A lot of people didnt get to see anything…

18. Anonymous Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 11:19 pm

Here are the winners

19. jackie Says:
    August 26th, 2007 at 11:20 pm

jeremy donny mike willie and robert should have made the band!!!!!!!!!

20. ktsinginglady Says:
    August 27th, 2007 at 12:31 am

I think the 5 he picked are a great combo, but I was still disappointed that Donnie was not in the band. He’ll be a great solo artist, and I loved seeing him playing the keyboards to the ballad version of EXCLUSIVE. He is very talented and deserved to be in there somehow! I look forward to hearing what MTB4 put together for their first album! Congrats guys!

21. holditdownrecords.com Says:
    August 27th, 2007 at 1:56 am

Yes, I Agree this was the best choice.

22. jasmine Says:
    August 27th, 2007 at 6:06 am

I think that diddy should have just mad 2 differnt groups out of those 10 boys because they were all good.the other boys will deff get signed to something elas so I wouldn’t be susprised to see them makeing more hits then the boys who made the band.

23. Mischele90230 Says:
    August 27th, 2007 at 10:47 am

Loved it! Watched every episode. Congratulations to the new band members. I am happy my personal favorites made it; Mike and Robert and Donnie got a solo contract very cool! I thought he remained humble, had a great attitude and worked very hard. I am so happy he got a deal. I felt the competition was so good that he should have made two bands; but was not disappointed by the eliminations at all. Diddy is a smart business man by duplicating himself; that is what it is all about sharing your gifts.

24. jen Says:
    August 27th, 2007 at 10:52 am

I LOVE BRIAN HARRIS and i know he will go far

25. Shatima Edmondson Says:
    August 27th, 2007 at 12:49 pm

Brian H really should have made the band. He had a BEAUTIFUL voice and great teeth! Puff you messed up with that one. Im happy with the rest of the group. Im really not a Robert fan. He’s a bit too cocky and I dont think his voice is really all that great certainly not better than my man Brian H. Donnie with the solo album? Thats just puff wisely jumping on the white boy band wagon. Donnie really does have a nice voice so if he didnt sign him believe me someone else would and would probably make millionns off this white boy. Puffy’s a smart man. I gotta give it to him.

26. jalace Says:
    August 27th, 2007 at 4:02 pm

Brian Harris has the voice of an angel

27. T. Mahone Says:
    August 27th, 2007 at 4:11 pm

Everyone I expected to made the band, they all were great performers including those who did’nt make it i wish i could talk to “Sexy Mike” just to find out what he did to loose the weight? He looked good thick-n-sexy, but thin-n-sexy will do. I knew he was in for sure.

28. gabrielle mckay Says:
    August 27th, 2007 at 8:29 pm

Im Sooo Glad dat diddy chose my boy Sexy Mike! Yes DeAngelo should have made the band and i was very disappointed dat donnie got a deal while two great singers and can dance better then him, was left out but its kool cuz i see big plans for my boy Deangelo! Brain H also. Much love to errbody!

29. Kim Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 4:08 am

Watched every episode, and was so happy with diddy’s choice. My favorite by far was Brian A. He has been overlooked alot but he is a great talented. What impresses me most is his humble attitude. Best wishes to all especially U BRIAN A !!!!!

30. Rose Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 6:17 am

i def aggree wit diddy’s choice except for the i think QWANELL is the Sexiset and that wille shouldn;t have been in da band donnie should have well he made a great band i was sad Deangelo didint make it he was one of the best singers and so was jeremy

31. rose Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 6:18 am

qwanell is the sexist in da group!!!!!!!

32. Tumblergirl Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 7:16 am

The people who made it was….Robert,Willie,Brian.a,Mike,and qwanell.I wanted the first 4 to make it but I wanted Deangelo instead of qwanell but i understand why diddy made the choice he did.

33. Tumblergirl Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 7:16 am

34. Kisha Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 7:44 am

I agree with the post that Diddy should’ve made two groups. And I also agree that he didn’t pick who should’ve been picked. DEANGELO definately should’ve made the band. I was just so shocked when his name wasn’t called. He rocked EXCLUSIVE everytime they sung it. And he almost missed the birth of his 1st son for this. I am from the DC area, like him, and everytime I seen him being interviewed, he was so sincere and kind. I am really upset about him not being chosen.

35. Bee Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 3:30 pm

The guys diddy pick was good we need a male R&B group because there not to many to chose from except old school groups like Boyz II Men, New Edition, Silk,and etc… I do wish DAngelo would of mad it i LOVE him that sucks he didn’t make but God will bless him regardless. Trust me i will be buying their C.D. I honestly feel they wil be around a long time if they stay humble.

36. LaShawn Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 4:23 pm

I personally think that Diddy did a good deed while making tha band. I especially love Robert I think he is sexy and very much my type! Robert if you see this message I promiss I can make you forget about your looney girlfriend June! The slot that Donnie was granted was just shocking, Diddy seen financial potential and ran with it…Good job Diddy…. Robert Hit me up!

37. sherri Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 6:50 pm

I think that julius and mike and jeremy could really sing. i felt julius emotion in his voice. bad choice to let julius go.robert voice is very different and that is good. i think dyshon should of been the solo artist. donnie singing is okay. but dyshon voice is very powerful. brian has that soft sexy voice. Q singing is okay. jeremy should of got a spot. willie is so sexy. diddy i dont know about you some of the things you did on the show wasnt cool. i believe that we all need to take inventory .we are not perfect never will be. julius had that old soul. you should of notice that about him. looks are only for a minute but your spirit is forever.

38. rebecca Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 8:35 pm

I’m gladdddd that diddy picked my sexy willie and que to be in the grouppp . As long as their in it, I’m satisfied . Their voices are sooo strong and like diddy said, goosebumps is wat I get ! Congratz to willie babyy, handsome que ,robert a.k.a cute whinerr, big sexy mike and humbled brian a. Hope yall make it to the topp !! Que if u like a boston girl.. haha hit me up babezzz!!!!!

39. john f. thomas Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 10:14 pm

We are a company committed to contests, competition,prizes and fun! There is always a contest in full swing- giving you a chance to win great prize just for Shipping & Building your Business.

40. john f. thomas Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 10:24 pm

tmiwireless,the internet wireless superstore

41. Jai Says:
    August 29th, 2007 at 6:52 pm

I’m happy with the band Diddy chose, but I agree that De’Angelo should’ve made the cut. He was one of the best vocalists, one of the best looking, and he had a humbleness about him that I found admirable–a quality I don’t think Brian H. had, which is probably why he didn’t make the group. He wasn’t likeable to me, and like Diddy said, he didn’t have the chemistry that was right for the group. Either way, Diddy gave us partial control in creating the band, so if someone we liked didn’t make it, its probably because we didn’t vote for him enough. I still love De’Angelo though.

42. crissy Says:
    August 29th, 2007 at 8:42 pm

Qwanell shouldnt have mede the band he should have picked deangelo instead

43. BREE Says:
    August 30th, 2007 at 1:05 pm

DIDDY PICK THE BEST ONE’S FOR THE BAND!!!! ESPECIALLY MY BOO QWANELL!!!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!!!

44. Chrissy Says:
    August 30th, 2007 at 4:22 pm

OMG i loved the fact that ROBERT made it(i just love him)…but diddy talking bout brian a had swagger Yea freakin right…brian A and Willie SHOULDNT have made the band….he absoltuely and positively shoulda put DEANGELO(cuz i love him) in he would suit the group a whole lot better that brian a…ughh he get on my nerves

45. Mrs. Myrick Says:
    August 30th, 2007 at 4:54 pm

Okay, so I am forced to break it down for everyone who keeps complaining about the “Brians”, and Willie being there for his looks, and any other complaints. So, the reason that Willie was picked, may indeed partially be for his looks, and he doesn’t have the phenomenal voice some of the other cats do, but…. he will be the glue that holds the band together. He will be the cool head, the “big brother” of the group. Now, on to Big (or Lil’ now) Mike; I don’t know that I would have chosen him. Don’t get me wrong, his voice is beautiful, and I couldn’t commend him more for not giving up, and losing all that weight, but from some of the scenes we’ve seen, the weight loss has kinda given him an ego, that I hope doesn’t get worse, and that he keeps his mind off all them females, and on making music, cause these men, their potential is BIG, and the music they make with their vocal instruments is so melodic, the harmony is crazy!! Qwanell; all I got to say, is WOW! He came from the depths of I don’t know where, and he shined so bright on the finale! I didn’t care for him much before, but after hearing him sing, he deserved to make it. Jeremy was too mellow and quiet for Diddy’s “swagger” band! Lol! D’Angelo; another great voice, great personality, but I see him on an Indie label, doing some great soul music that I will definitely purchase, not on Bad Boy touring, doing dance videos and stuff. Dyshon; I agree with the solo thing, just not sure he would do too well. Maybe a one hit wonder, cause his voice isn’t very strong. Robert; we all knew he would make it. Great stage presence, alright dancer, beautiful voice, hard worker. A bit of a drama king, but hey, it’s MTV and Bad Boy, what’d you expect? Donnie, he is so blessed. I agree with the solo deal there as well. He can play, he can sing, he can dance, he’s marketable, he is mature, all I gotta say is $$$$$$$!! And now, the “Brians”; Brian H. has one of the best voices, hands down. But, his bad attitude overshadows that. No matter how great you voice is, if you got a stank attitude and you whine all the time, ain’t nobody gonna want you around. THAT is why Brian A. made it, and he didn’t. Also, Brian A. has shown that he is a fighter, an underdog, but a team player, with a big heart, just like Julian had. A wonderful addition to the group. Ever group has to have a pretty boy, a great soul singer, the heart of the group, a great dancer who progressed vocally, and the performer. MKTB4 is complete. Good luck, and God Bless!

46. melanie Says:
    August 30th, 2007 at 6:37 pm

IM SO HAPPY FOR DONNIE!! HE IS SOOO SEXXYYY! his voice makes me melt. i loooooove him and we’re getting married one day in fiji =)

47. Shy-Shy Says:
    August 31st, 2007 at 12:12 pm

The members who made the band were:

Robert
    Willie
    Qwanell
    Brian .A.
    Big Mike

and Donnie got a SOLO DEAL!!!

48. dee Says:
    August 31st, 2007 at 6:52 pm

BRIAN H IS THE BEST, LISTEN TO HIM

49. celeb Says:
    August 31st, 2007 at 8:46 pm

i like the band he made. i think donnie should’ve been in it. im so glad robert made it hes the best and big mike. i couldnt stand deangelo he just didnt fit. i think the choice 4 da group was on point. robert, qwanell, willie, big mike and brian i c them doin big tings 2gether an doniie gonna do the solo ting live up.

50. LeN Says:
    September 1st, 2007 at 3:38 am

I’m happy with the group but I also LOOOOOVE DeAngelo and Brian H. It should’ve been one of them that had a solo career cuz honestly Donnie can’t really sing that well. He got a solo career cuz of his looks and knowing that Bad Boy Records can make money off him cuz of the screaming fans. Your Good Looks can sell.. and that’s the TRUTH…But with talent wise, I’d rather listen to Deangelo or Brian H voice rather than Donnie any time of the day. It’s just so sad that I won’t be hearing those two anymore on the new season.. I know they will make it BIG someday…. Can’t wait for those two to come out!!!!

51. LeN Says:
    September 1st, 2007 at 3:39 am

52. Valerie A Says:
    September 3rd, 2007 at 8:48 am

OMG! This season of Making the Band was by far the BEST. I was happy to see Q and Big Mike make it, I wasnt too thrilled about Robert, he is too cocky. I was REALLY REALLY dissapointed to see Brian H and Deangelo didn’t make it. They can sing!! But I was also extremely happy Donnie got a solo deal.. That white boy had me rooting for him since day 1!! It was a good show! Love you Diddy!!

53. TMAC Says:
    September 8th, 2007 at 9:50 pm

Hopefully Brian H. will get the tude together and learn from his mistakes on the show because I absolutely love him. He has a great look, sex appeal, beautiful smile and teeth and he was definitely the best singer out of the group with Mike coming second. But I love Robert. He force wasn’t in the category of Mike’s and Brian H but he definitely has the presence. They will do good either way.

54. Anonymous Says:
    September 14th, 2007 at 8:53 am

omg i love robert, willie , biig mike, donnie, dyshon,mann i loved erbodi me personli i voted 4 robert, willie, biig mike, brian a, and donni i loved makin the band 4!!

55. faith Says:
    September 18th, 2007 at 10:21 am

wat there group name

56. ken Says:
    September 25th, 2007 at 1:51 pm

I think puffy pick the right people. Donnie is sexy and marketable.

57. natalie Says:
    September 29th, 2007 at 3:13 pm

I can’t believe DeAngelo did not make it! I’m deeply disappointed by that fact! He was my favourite, he’s got the voice and the looks (mmmhhh yeah). Diddy, you suck!

58. justice Says:
    October 17th, 2007 at 12:55 pm

i think thatrobertis so sexii he is real geogous even when they cut his hair off he stil looked bomb robert holla at yo girl love ya diddy should of had picked deangelo and jermy them my other husbands and carlos love ya 2

59. G-que Says:
    November 19th, 2007 at 11:32 pm
  60. Tamika Says:
    November 21st, 2007 at 11:39 pm

why did yall let carlos go with his sexy self he could sing yall should have gave him a chance but yall picked the wright people i still love you diddy make sure robert is doing good with his sexy self holla at yo girl tamika ok.

61. Tamika Says: