Will A Blue Ball Conspiracy Bring Down Big Brother?

September 12, 2007 11:01 PM by Joe Blackmon

Jameka_tubeOver the years, Big Brother has been no stranger to controversial
competitions.  Last year during Big Brother All-Stars, a
head-of-household competition had to be redone after technical
malfunctions affected the outcome of the game. Also, during Big Brother
All-Stars, a skirmish between Janelle Pierzina and James Rhine during a
power of veto competition led to a slow motion replay to clear up any
possible controversy in regards to the outcome.

However, both of those controversies now pale in comparison to a storm that is brewing over a single blue ball.  During a competition on September 6, 2007, Jameka Cameron was disqualified from the power of veto competition for putting a blue ball in her tube according to Julie Chen.  Houseguests were only supposed to put green balls in their tubes.

Jameka immediately protested that she hadn’t put the blue ball in her tube, but her protests fell on deaf ears.  On the same night that the competition aired, Reality TV Magazine reported on the belief by some Big Brother fans that Evel Dick put the blue ball in Jameka’s tube.  Reality TV Magazine even posted a screenshot that showed Evel Dick clutching a blue ball in his hand shortly before Jameka’s disqualification.

According to Entertainment Weekly, a network spokesperson told them that the blue ball accidentally bounced into Jameka’s tube.  However, some Big Brother fans are now questioning that possibility.  Given the size of the tubes, the odds would seem to be heavily stacked against a blue ball hitting at the exact angle necessary to land in Jameka’s tube.  Did CBS really even bother to review the tapes to confirm what happened?

The latest twist to happen in the blue ball conspiracy is that the live feeds have revealed that the blue ball is still a subject of controversy in the house.  In a conversation between Evel Dick and Daniele on Tuesday, Evel Dick asked “How do you like the fact that Jameka really won the POV?”

Also, producers apparently talked about the blue ball with Evel Dick just today.  After a diary room session, Evel Dick ranted “you’ve got fifty million ****ing cameras, ****ing replay and you find out what the **** happened if there’s any ****ing question, not five days later, before the next competition.”

Evel Dick’s rant has led some Big Brother fans on the official CBS message board to speculate that Big Brother producers are just now questioning Evel Dick on if he put the blue ball in Jameka’s tube.  Other fans are speculating that maybe Zach accidentally put the blue ball in Jameka’s tube, because his tube was right beside Jameka’s.  The biggest question among fans is why CBS has simply not aired slow motion footage of exactly how the blue ball wound up in Jameka’s tube.

In the past, CBS has aired footage to clear up controversies, but the lack of footage in this case is adding fuel to the conspiracy theory.  If CBS has footage of the ball bouncing into Jameka’s tube, then it would at least prove it was just random bad luck.  However, if the footage shows someone else putting the blue ball in Jameka’s tube, then Big Brother producers are in a bind because they did not immediately investigate and redo the competition.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for Big Brother
news.  For other great Big Brother 8 news,
please also check out SirLinksALot: Big Brother

Topics: Big Brother |

40 Responses to “Will A Blue Ball Conspiracy Bring Down Big Brother?”

1. AWilson Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 12:55 am

Big brother (or “Rig Brother”)needs this time to constuct a fake video of some sort to show that Jameka somehow “really did lose” the POV–whether it is through making one of the hamsters acting out putting the ball in her tube or making up a video showing a blue ball landing in the tube. Either way, the time lapse clearly indicates the cover up/rigging of Rig Brother to allow the Dick/Danielle saga play out for ratings. Sad–I quit watching BB a weeks ago because I couldn’t stand the discrepancy between the abuse by Dick in the house vs. what the show allowed us to see (I don’t care if it is a game, there is NEVER a reason to treat anyone that way).

2. Melissa Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 2:42 am

ED openly admitted to planning a scheme to cheat in the game by having his son send him coded messages. He did this while staring directly into the cameras. I get the feeling that CBS knew this which is why they delayed in giving him the letter, but then they gave it to him. Why? ED must be good for ratings, so whatever vile behavior he perpetrates gets rewarded.

3. Karen Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 5:39 am

I thought that from the get go. If you remember during the competion that the cameras panned to Dicks pant pocket, which looked like there was a ball in it. Then the next thing you hear is the Jameka was disqualified.
    Then after the competion in the house you hear Dick talking to Jameka and saying what are the odds in that ..that a ball just dropped in the tube.

DO OVER!!!!!!

4. Gregory Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:05 am

I am so sick and tired of this show. I stopped watching the show 3 weeks ago. It is not a game anymore when producers interfere with EVERYTHING. What is the point of reality show when you interfere with reality?

This is unfortunate as it would just taken CBS a moment to look at the tapes. That blue ball got in that tube somehow and I don’t think Jameka did it. I really believe Dick is somehow part of this and the producers know it. Big Brother is having a great year rating wise and they owe it all to Dick. They will do everything they can to keep him in the game, even if it means cheating

5. frank Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:07 am

the main reason, i watch is E.D.if it wasnt for him, big brother 8, would be the most boring ever.Im sick of seeing the pantry room, put the cameras back on E.D. and DANIELLE.If it werent for the Donatos, bb8 would be the most boring ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Brenda Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:25 am

I am very disappointed this year in how BB has handled the Donatos. With discrimination law suits left and right, how can they allow Dick to slander the people in the house. I was never a Zack fan, however, I am pulling for him 100% over either of the Donatos. If those 2 end up going to the final…I will not watch BB any longer.

7. reallybz Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:45 am

I believe Zach accidentally put the ball in because why else would Jameka have won unless Zach was disqualified. You wouldn’t hear ED sounding pissed at them waiting 5 days if he had done it.

8. reallybz Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:46 am

9. reallybz Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:46 am

10. Carolyn Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:49 am

I feel that the rantings by Dick are just so disturbing. He is a disturbed man. Makes a person wonder how he was grown up or if he has a mental illness that needs addressed. A show shouldn’t make us feel sick to our stomachs. Also, there is something wrong with the other houseguests for letting him verbally attack others and not stepping in. I would have been all over him. He has no compassion for the human race. His daughter is evil too.

11. Faith Whitfield Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:52 am

People who don’t like the Donatos are always quick to mention them when speaking negatively about Big Brother this year. But face it, when the producers bring in a person whose nickname is “Evel”, and he acts the way he does, what do you think his “television purpose” is? The fact that either you love him or hate is tv gold to them.
    But, the Donatos do not run the game; the producers do, and when one of the first things America has to vote for is whose property we want him to deface, it sets the direction that the producers are going to take the game in this season. There was a lot wrong with this season, and much of the blame lies with the people in charge.

12. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 7:16 am

I don’t condone cheating, but I was going over all the different scenarios and the outcome would have been the same. Jameka saves herself Dick nominates Zach, jameka votes to evict zach, daniele votes to evict eric, dick breaks the tie by sending eric home. Same result.

13. alatea Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 7:22 am

I believe the reason Dick was so upset was that Zack felt so empowered because he had won the veto and 2 HoHs. If he hadn’t won the veto- then he wouldn’t have such a swelled head about how “powerful” a player he is. That is what Dick concerns Dick, because he doesn’t want Zack to believe in himself.

14. Cindy K Schutt Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 7:34 am

Come on Jameka would not of won anyway so give it up.ED has made the show this year

15. Larry Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 7:51 am

The Donatos may have been ratings gold this year BUT since hwen do ratings make for allowing someone to assault someone with a burning cigarette or scream obscenities at EVERYONE and show how you can cheat your way through life? My question is to CBS: With your fixing BB in the Donatos favor this year, do you think abyone will watch it next summer? Your tampering with the program has been extremely apparent all season with Evel Dick running the house like a steamroller!!!! He is such a moron and his airhead daughter is no better!!!!

16. Bruno Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 8:09 am

I also quit watching a few episodes back. I can’t watch, it’d be like watching pro wrestling and thinking it’s real. No thanks.

Obviously the producers can steer the game any way they want, within reason, in subtle ways. That’s not a contest to me, that’s a rigged event.

Allowing one player to bully and threaten the others, turning what was a somewhat interesting sociological experiment about human nature and who could cope and adjust best into a “lord of the flies” type war of ugliness…well…I’m just not interested in watching people tear each other apart like ancient Roman gladiators…for “entertainment”.

Dick should have been penalized more than a few times for his actions. The fact that he hasn’t tells me all I need to know about the “reality” of this show. I’m done.

17. Mike C. Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 8:45 am

All this Donato bashing still neglects to mention that this is a game!!! They have made this season entertaining and all this nonsense about the “Blue” ball is totally irrelevant. As someone stated, Jameka would not have won anyway. She’s proved herself to be lousy at competions throughout the show. And she really didn’t play>
    This is a game of playing–this is not a religious experiment.
    Dick’s strategy worked with or without CBS’s help. But they didnt rig the show.
    This was a season of extremely weak players. That’s how the Donato’s were able to plot and play their way through everyone.
    And Zach did nothing until it got down to the final five or six.
    Zach is not good on questions and answers–tonight’s third and crucial comp. I dont believe Dick will throw it so Zach will take him.
    Look for two Donato’s in Final two and Dani wins by one vote as I preducted severak weeks ago.
    Would people really want someone like Amber or Eric to win this??
    Reconsider now!!!!

18. DallasFan Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 9:18 am

Everyone needs to relax! It is a GAME!Remember?If you don’t like the GAME, turn OFF your TV or change the Channel. People who take on the “challenge” of ANY reality show, like BB, have a goal in mind. No one MAKES them participate, it is THEIR choice and they must take the good with the bad. They go in knowing there will be cruel or even unusual punishment of somekind. MOST challenges require sacrifice. Yes, ED has dished out ALOT of Grief…o.k. But, each person chooses how they must react to it. LIFE is like that. Watching ED suffer through this latest brutal HOH endurance challenge was just as hard to watch as his rantings, but I CHOSE to watch it! Human behavior is just interesting. I do NOT believe BB is rigged. I am a firm believer that fact is stranger than fiction ANY day. And I will take BB over CSI blood and guts in a heart-beat!

19. CJ Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 9:55 am

I wouldn’t put it past DICK to be guilty of the blue ball incident. However, I don’t think it would have mattered. Remember, Jameka had just signed her life away to D&D. And since she is “a woman of her word” (not the best type of player for BB), she would have done what D&D wanted anyway. Same result. Final four – D, D, Zach and Jameka.

20. carrie Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 9:56 am

Yeah, your right. But should Dick and Daniele be rewarded for cheating throughout the game. I for one was voting for Jen at first and then for Jessica. I know it is just a game, but since when is cheating allowed or tolerated in any type of game.

21. DallasFan Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 10:03 am

What do you call cheating, Carrie? The game is ALL about manipulation, deception, persuasion, conning, OUTWITTING i.e. the nature of the beast. To quote ED, IT IS WHAT IT IS! I don’t call any of that cheating. Can someone that has “integrity” or someone that “keeps her word” WIN in a game like BB…I don’t think so!

22. Kathy Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 10:04 am

Carrie states that “should Dick and Daniele be rewarded for cheating throughout the game.” How did Daniele cheat? I think she’s actually played a fairly honest game in that she pretty much let her dad do or be responsible for all the dirty work. And I personally don’t think Dick cheated either, or at least didn’t do anything to give himself an unfair advantage. If you think about it, actually a lot of the “dirty work” that Dick has/will be blamed for by the jury was actually a result of Eric’s voting as America’s Player, i.e., Dustin and Amber.

================

SPOILER ALERT! Dick wins the 2nd leg of the HOH competition and will be going against Zach tonight. GO DICK! I want him and Danielle in the final 2.

23. jen Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 11:19 am

It doesn’t matter what happened. It still will be Dani & Dick for the final 2. There is no way Zack can win the 3rd leg of this HOH contest. Essentially, it’s a 2 versus 1. This is like the Survivor season in which Rob & Amber teamed up to eliminate everyone but themselves.

24. Her Bad Mother Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 11:26 am

Um, anyone think that maybe Jameka *did* accidentally put the blue ball in her tube? Of course she would say that she didn’t – she wouldn’t have known that she was putting it in. If the ball had been slipped in by someone else, FOR SURE the producers would air that footage, if only for the controversy and ensuing ratings. Odds are that they haven’t replayed the footage because it doesn’t show anything and would be boring.

And if it did get planted, and is a cover-up, so what? You think these ‘games’ are about noble competition? It’s REALITY TV. Reality as we know it is the last thing that it’s about (or rather, it’s entirely about reality – the reality of producing television that makes money by putting on spectacles.) Deal.

Complaining about “conspiracies” (and by the same token, extreme behaviour and outrageous personalities) in the context of reality TV is like complaining about dairy in ice cream or beef in hamburgers. It’s what it’s made of.

25. C. Sargent Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 11:51 am

This is what reality tv should be.
    the “good” people with their whinny problems, being provoked by a “bad” person who has no problem telling them how wrong and self-obsessed, they really are. i have no quams with evel dick, he seems to be the only one who’s kept things pretty honest.(aside from jemeka, who hasn’t said enough to actually tell a lie.) if it weren’t for the donatos, this would just be another bland faceless show in a sea of worthless television. ohh, and julie chen is horrible at everything, i’m pretty sure she put the ball in the tube, just to give herself another opportunity to talk on camera. those were probably the only words she didn’t trip over, this season.

26. Mike C. Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Final thoughts:
    Even if Zach wins, its ok–he’s a nice guy. His win much better than Boogie or Maggie. We’ve finally got a good winner. He did step up when he needed to.
    And best of all fans!!!:
    Next, All-Stars!! Both Donato’s will be back again to rock the House!!!Booyah!!!

27. cherry Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 1:19 pm

This is just a silly reality show. It is a good show because it makes viewers mad and controversial. We watch these shows for the high drama . If the show was weak and nice it would be off the air. Even on survivor people are mean to each other. For those of you who say they quit watching it then why are you writing on these BB sites. Obviously you like the drama.

28. kellie Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 4:13 pm

Danielle cheated when she was in bed eating m&m’s when she was suppose to be on slop for the week. the show cheated by not checking tape of blue ball incident immediatly & not 5 days later after staff looked in google an on BB site to see complaints. Show aslo cheated on numerous things..1 danielle nit 21 when entering house. 2 dicks plan with son b4 show to send him coded mail. 3Dick messing with personal property (Zachs meds) their is a whole list of rule breaking that BB decided to be blind to on behalf of the Donatos. Lawsuits will bring BB down

29. Karen & Michael Taylor Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:13 pm

I have been saying since week 3 that this season of BB has been rigged towards the Donatos. I have watched BB since Season 1 and there have been houseguests that have annoyed me. None compare to the hateful-spiteful-disgusting-abusive-wretched behaviour of Richard. I cancelled my feeds and stopped watching CBS altogether. Any station that advocated such vile hatred towards women is not a station that I want viewed in my home. They have lost alot of fans this year. No-one that I know watches this season anymore – a first – as we used to have BB parties. They have however picked up some very twisted thinking new fans. So sad that this is what CBS has stooped to in 2007.

30. Karen and Michael Taylor Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:17 pm

A comment to MikeC
    I love drama!! I loathe bullies, cheaters, and abusive foul mouthed people. I came to this site only because I read something interesting about Big Brother… for a change.
    Have a nice day

31. W. C. R. Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:24 pm

For the record. I worked at CBS for years and I can tell you that this show has been rigged from before it even started. Those of you cheering for the Donatos, save your breath. CBS already dictated that they would win in the Spring of 2007. A father reunited with his daughter on a reality show. There is no game, it is scripted from the start. I guarantee that Dick will ‘win’ the grand prize. My goodness everyone gets all rilled up over a scripted season. The only reality is that the people that you view, are the people that they are.
    Enjoy your ‘game’

32. tina Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 6:56 pm

Of course the shows are rigged. Just like wrestling. It is for reality fans. Watch the show Reality tv and it shows where everything is scripted. Come on people. We all know these shows are rigged. They are just fun to watch.

33. a retard daddy and a dysfunctional daughter Says:
    September 13th, 2007 at 7:56 pm

all the defending of the donatos that u do & the $$$ still don’t hide the fact that as a father he is the worse role model and biggest retard anyone could ever meet or learn from and as a daughter she is one of the most vain, insecure troubled woman on or off tv-EVER! They both should be ashamed of themselves as people, use the $$$ to move to an island somewhere far away of normal civilization and die one day, hopefully soon.

34. ilikesurvivor Says:
    September 14th, 2007 at 12:37 am

The blue ball videos are on this site http://www.realitytvspoiler.com/

35. Amy Says:
    September 14th, 2007 at 4:59 pm

I find it hilarious that all of these people “quit” watching BB weeks ago because they can’t stand the Donatos or they think BB is rigged. Yet you take the time to still read about it and post about it. Bet you’ll keep reading and watching it too…

36. Mike C Says:
    September 14th, 2007 at 5:03 pm

To the Taylors:
    Opinions on TV shows DO not have to been defended. It is A Show!!
    Sorry BB has become a pain to watch. Do you want a full season of something like “Maggie” from BB6 to amuse you???Enjoy it!
    I agree. ED’s treatment of Jen was wrong and made ME uncomfortable. Because I liked Jen. Jameka’s arguing with ED were HILARIOUS!! Her clapping her hands like a seal!!! What trash was that?? And Amber a complete, mushy trainwreck. This season had a slow-witted cast but the Donatos(fixed or unfixed) made this Season!!
    For true drama, watch the news!!

37. Anonymous Says:
    September 15th, 2007 at 12:45 am

The show will go down if they don’t do something about it. Like father like daughter, I believe Danielle was also into Evel’s trap. They probably had it planned to target someone who was winning.

Danielle should also be disqualified because she was 20 years when she entered BB and when she was elected. It doesn’t matter if she was going to turn 21 a week after BB started, she will started when she was 20 and LIED.

38. Anonymous Says:
    September 15th, 2007 at 12:46 am

39. Big Brother still sort of fan Says:
    September 15th, 2007 at 12:46 am

^^ sorry I double posted

40. Anonymous Says:
    September 15th, 2007 at 3:45 pm

I’m wondering if people are right when they say this whole situation against Jameka is racist?

Comments