Kim Myles Wins HGTV Design Star 2

September 16, 2007 10:21 PM by Joe Blackmon

Kim_mylesOn the season finale of HGTV Design Star 2, host Clive Pearse
re-introducted the nine previously eliminated finalists.  After the
nine eliminated finalists talked about life after the show, the final
two contestants, Todd Davis and Kim Myles, were brought out.

In a review of the season, Will was shown as the mother figure who cooked for the house.  In a surprise moment, host Clive Pearse presented Will with a five thousand dollar Discover card.  Clive Pearse asked Josh how he felt about being known as “Sparkles,” and Josh said he loved it.

In a recap segment, Rob was shown having some disagreements with the other designers.  On the other hand, Todd said that he had an immediate brotherhood with Rob.  Host Clive Pearse called out the three judges, who said this season was really difficult in making eliminations.

Host Clive Pearse announced that Lisa was chosen by her fellow finalists as the designer they would have most liked to seen more from.  Lisa was awarded a five thousand dollar Discover card.  Todd Davis and Kim Myles received messages of support from other HGTV stars.  The first HGTV design star winner David Bromstad presented both Todd and Kim with keys to Mercury Mariners.

Before announcing the results, host Clive Pearse introduced Michael Dingley, the head of HGTV programming.  Clive Pearse revealed that after the viewer vote that the winner of HGTV Design Star 2 was Kim Myles, the thirty-four year old hairstylist from Queens, New York.  For her prize, Kim Myles will receive her own design show on HGTV.

Topics: HGTV Design Star |

9 Responses to “Kim Myles Wins HGTV Design Star 2”

1. Susan Linke Says:
    September 17th, 2007 at 10:15 am

Congratulations Kim!!! I was praying for you. You did such a wonderful job on all of your challenges. Can’t wait to see your show !!! I’ll be watching for you.
    Hey, If you want to do something to my house, I’d love it. I live in an old funeral home that’s over 100 years old. Have at it girl !!!

Congrats again !

Sue Linke

2. Pat Tubbs Says:
    September 17th, 2007 at 3:48 pm

Hey Kim, My partner and I are so happy you won. We voted before the show, and we both picked you! You were always so nice to everyone, we never hear a rude commit from you about anyone else, even when Rob was dishing you. I too would like to offer our home better yet our kitchen for a makeover or miracle. We both are physically limited in getting around, and our house was built in 1956. So any help would be a true blessing. Thanks and again CONGRATS, we love watching your creativeness’s. Pat & Eileen

3. L. Farley Says:
    September 17th, 2007 at 4:47 pm

Our house was pulling for you, Kim. You faced some difficult challenges…we didn’t think a kitchen v. a living room was a fair challenge, nor was fixing up a house in rural WV v. one in say CA or IL. And, yet, you rose to each challenge, no complaints…just hard work and style. We’ll look forward to your show. (We’re already hooked on Color Splash.)
    Keep up the great designs. You’ve got skills!!!

4. char dickerson Says:
    September 18th, 2007 at 1:23 am

Congrats Kim, I loved you on the show and I didn’t think that I would of went to school with you. I did remember your face and come to find out that you were from Bakersfield, before you moved to New York. I’m building a house in a few months and I would love for you to design it. Cant wait for you show.

5. f.mendoza Says:
    September 18th, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Oh Kim. I am SO happy for you , I was crying with you . My sister & I Both like you . CONGRATS !!! WE can’t wait to see you SHINE like the star you are

6. betty allen Says:
    September 18th, 2007 at 8:43 pm

good job i knew you were going to win have fun in your new life changing experiances

7. Elizabeth Wallace Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 9:43 am

Is there a chance that there will be a rerun of the finale? I missed it after waiting all season and I voted for Kim. Plesae tell me yes – when?

8. JOYCE SEIGLER Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 11:50 am

Hi Kim
    I have been watching HGTV every night for awhile.I loved all your designs.Your visions were complimentary to you.You have a nice warmth of personality.I can’t wait to see in the spring.

9. Barbara Smith Says:
    September 24th, 2007 at 2:24 pm

Kim, you are MY shinning star! I cant wait to see you on TV. Your hard work has paid off BIG time! Your an inspiration to us all. You go GIRL!!! Congrats again!! Barbara C. Smith Tucson, Arizona

Comments