Last Comic Standing Winner Is Jon Reep

September 19, 2007 10:05 PM by Joe Blackmon

Jon_reepOn the Last Comic Standing 5 season finale, the two finalists Lavell
Crawford and Jon Reep were led to the stage by the USC Trojans marching
band.  Host Bill Bellamy warmed up the audience with an OJ Simpson joke
and started a top ten countdown of the biggest laughs in Last Comic
Standing
history.

Special guest comedians Carrot Top and Robert Schimmel performed stand-up routines.  The Last Comic Standing all-stars returned to roast Lavell Crawford and Jon Reep, and the eight previously eliminated Last Comic Standing finalists delivered their best one-liners.

In final farewell performances, Lavell Crawford joked that he wasn’t afraid to die fat that was his pallbearers’ worry, while Jon Reep did an impression of professional football referees.  The biggest laugh in Last Comic Standing history was revealed to be Jay London joking that he was the fourth guy from the left on the evolutionary chart.

Dane Cook of the movie “Good Luck Chuck” stopped by and wished both of the finalists good luck.  Host Bill Bellamy revealed that the most votes in Last Comic history had been cast and that Jon Reep was the winner.  Jon Reep won the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC, and his own half-hour comedy special on Bravo.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for Last Comic Standing
news.  For other great Last Comic Standing news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: Last Comic
Standing

Topics: Last Comic Standing |

18 Responses to “Last Comic Standing Winner Is Jon Reep”

1. Lyndsay Says:
    September 19th, 2007 at 10:09 pm

YAY!! I’m so happy he won! He really deserved it. Jon was awesome tonight!

2. Brian Says:
    September 19th, 2007 at 11:06 pm

For some reason, I didn’t care much for Jon at the beginning of the season, while I found Lavell hilarious. However, as the season went on, Lavell’s jokes about being fat and black grew stale, while Jon was constantly adding new material. Though he was not my personal favorite this season, he definitely deserved to win out of the last two. His stage presence and energy alone sealed the deal.

3. Bored Says:
    September 19th, 2007 at 11:14 pm

good for him unfortunatly like previous winners we will never see or hear from him again, seriously has any of the other winners done anything? Dat Phan?
    and I thought Gary Dee was the most consistant comedian the entire season

Lavell Crawford was already a star I have seen him on BET Comic View many of times and he did most of his material that he did on that show which I think hurt him he should have came with new material but this show gave him even more exposure Gary Dee also

4. Sherry Says:
    September 19th, 2007 at 11:57 pm

Jon Reep? Are you kidding? The hick from the sticks? Give me a break! Lavell did get a bit predictable but was by far more entertaining than Jon. Gerry Dee should have won. He grew with each performance. He will definitely go further than Jon.

5. Greg Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 12:59 am

I saw the LA tryouts live and Jon was far and away the top talent. It is hard to judge real talent on TV when the LCS editor cuts up all the footage into a sanitized presentation. Momemtum is key in comedy and live, Jon’s stage presence, movement and antics are as close to John Belushi (alive) as they come. I said it first here – Jon Reep has film level talent and will be a supahstar.

6. Rebekah Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 1:26 am

I liked Jon Reep and Lavelle Crawford. As far as the Roast went, I think Reep had better comebacks… But, I think that ultimately, Lavelle should have won.

7. Sidney Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 3:15 am

I did find Lavelle more hilarious and think he deserved to win but after what happened in American Idol (with M Dolittle) and many other reality competitions this year, it keeps reminding us viewers that reality TV does not always pick the most talented person as winner.

8. Helga Culbert Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 6:55 am

I am glad Jon won. He made me laugh so hard, I cried last night. Congratulations, Jon. I loved you on these Hemi commercials!

9. Libby Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 6:55 am

Lyndsay, I felt the same exact way! Lavell was one of my early favs, but as the season went on, I really started to appreciate Jon more.

10. Larry Weaver Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 7:41 am

Congratulations to Jon Reep! I first met Jon at Charlie Goodnights Comedy Club in the late 90′s. He absolutely owned the club back then and quickly built a reputation for himself. He hit the college market and was an immediate hit with his lovable persona and frenetic comedy style. His act is authentic. What you see is what you get. Ten years is no overnight success. Yet Jon’s career trajectory has been nothing short of straight up. I can’t wait to see what happens next. Congratulations, Jon. You deserve it!

11. Jim Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 8:07 am

Lavell Crawford was much better.
    I agree rebekah: TV does not always pick the most talented person as winner.

12. Anonymous Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 9:33 am

Should of been Lavell and Gerry fot the final two with Lavell winning.

13. D Jones Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 9:36 am

Gerry Dee is the winner! I quit watching after he was voted off. Therefore according to my own television he’s the last comic standing. Who would have thought someone without lips would win.

14. Dave Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 10:59 am

Jon was definitely the best

15. Southern Belle Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 11:54 am

To Bored: Jon may be a southern hick, but a very talented one. Look at Jeff Foxworthy, how much more hick, southern or redneck could you get? He is still climbing to the top, Jon will be right behind him. He is natural like his material just pops right into his head at the moment, the other’s material was like it had been written and rehearsed. Go Jon…..

16. Danno Says:
    September 20th, 2007 at 5:20 pm

I actually thought Doug Benson was the funniest this season. The producers must have as well since he was the only comic in LCS history to return the following week and do his own routine on the show.

17. Brian Says:
    September 23rd, 2007 at 6:49 pm

I’m still kind of shocked that anyone could manage to find Lavell funny after a whole season of his static routine. “I’m fat, laugh at me.” By the end, he got almost as ridiculous as Mel Silverback, with a series of one-shot, predictable jokes. It’s great that he can laugh at himself, but that should never be the entirety of a comedian’s material.

18. Meredith Says:
    September 23rd, 2007 at 8:16 pm

I really like Lavell from the beginning, so much so that when he came to Denver we bought 11 tickets and took our friends down to see him. Unfortunately Lavell told the same jokes we heard over and over as Last Comic Standing progressed. He’s a very funny man, if you only see him perform once or twice. Jon Reep, however, continued to come up with new material and kept us laughing. He deserved to win.

Comments