Phenomenon To Feature Criss Angel And Uri Geller

September 27, 2007 12:02 AM by Joe Blackmon

On the upcoming reality series Phenomenon, world-renowned mystifier
Criss Angel and famed mentalist Uri Geller will conduct an intensive
search for the next great mentalist.  The new series will premiere on
Wednesday, October 24 from 8:00PM to 9:00PM ET on NBC.  Phenomenon is
scheduled for a five-week run and will air a special two-hour live
episode on Halloween night, October 31.

Craig Plestis, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming, Development and Specials of NBC Entertainment, made the announcement.  "To be able to showcase the unique talents of this stunning and mysterious genre on live television, where absolutely anything can happen, ups the ante enormously," said Plestis.  "We hope viewers will watch with their friends and talk about and debate what they see, making this a truly interactive television experience."

Phenomenon is based on a successful Israeli version judged and monitored by Geller, which achieved a historical record-breaking viewing audience. According to a show description, Phenomenon showcases 10 carefully selected mentalists who will compete live against one another each week by demonstrating a wide spectrum of mystifying talents on a panel of celebrity guests who experience the spellbinding illusions along with the studio audience.

Together, Geller and Angel will assess the contestant’s talents each week and offer their unfiltered opinions. Ultimately, the fate of the winner is in the hands of the viewers at home, who will vote to determine which competing mentalist will receive the grand prize of $250,000 and become the next great mentalist.

"Phenomenon" is executive produced by Suzy Lamb ("Grease: You’re The One That I Want"), Michael Agbabian ("Last Comic Standing") and Dwight Smith ("Last Comic Standing"). The series is a Granada America/Keshet Broadcasting/Kuperman Productions co-production in association with SevenOne International. SevenOne International controls the worldwide rights to the program.

Topics: Phenomenon |

8 Responses to “Phenomenon To Feature Criss Angel And Uri Geller”

1. Bianca Says:
    September 27th, 2007 at 3:31 pm

I am so excited to see this show! I LOVE CRISS ANGEL , I”M OBSSESED! I CAN’T WAIT!

2. Leon Says:
    October 9th, 2007 at 10:40 am

I like Chris Angel, but I need to see him live… all his camera tricks are getting old

3. Anonymous Says:
    October 13th, 2007 at 1:21 am

I hope Criss with stop with all the over acting and camera tricks. He’s cool though.

4. Anonymous Says:
    October 13th, 2007 at 1:22 am

I persoally am not a big Criss Angel fan because he thinks he is much cooler than he really is, but hopefully he will take a new direction with the show!!

5. Anonymous Says:
    October 13th, 2007 at 1:23 am

I thnk Criss is Gay

6. Anonymous Says:
    October 13th, 2007 at 1:23 am

This is going to be Awesome!!

7. Anonymous Says:
    October 13th, 2007 at 1:24 am

Criss is like 40 but acts like he’s 25 I think I am one of many getting sick of him.

8. Rachel Mora Says:
    November 1st, 2007 at 12:34 pm

What happen on Oct 31 when Criss Angel went after one of the contestants?

Comments