Deal Or No Deal Going To National Syndication

October 09, 2007 11:12 PM by Joe Blackmon

NBC Universal recently announced that NBC’s and Endemol USA’s hit game
show Deal or No Deal will be going into national syndication starting
in fall 2008.  The announcement was made by Barry Wallach, President of
NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution and David Goldberg,
President of Endemol USA.

Howie Mandel, who will continue to host NBC’s hit primetime run of the game show, is set to host the new half-hour version being sold to local stations for Monday-through-Friday broadcasts.  The syndicated version will also include the Banker, models, contestants risking big money and the same award-winning production team.

The syndicated Deal or No Deal has already been sold to NBC Universal stations in the nation’s top markets including WNBC-TV New York, KNBC-TV Los Angeles and WMAQ-TV in Chicago, WCAU-TV Philadelphia, KNTV-TV San Francisco and others, as well as to stations from CBS, Allbritton, Scripps, Sinclair and more in top markets.

"Deal or No Deal is a fun and entertaining game for families to watch together at home and root for their favorite contestants," says Wallach.  "It’s win all or lose all, as contestants have a chance to change their lives forever in a matter of minutes.  Deal  is a ratings success because it’s emotional, aspirational and most importantly, every moment counts. We are proud to bring this proven product to the marketplace with all key elements intact, giving stations a great opportunity to lift their lineups to new ratings heights."

"We are thrilled to continue our already successful partnership with NBC Universal and Howie Mandel with this new version of Deal or No Deal," says Goldberg.  "The half-hour version of Deal has been an extraordinary hit around the globe and with Howie and our same production team at the helm, this new daily syndicated version will continue to work with American audiences for years to come."

"My wife could not be more thrilled to have me out of the house and at work Monday thru Friday," said Mandel.

Topics: Deal Or No Deal |

7 Responses to “Deal Or No Deal Going To National Syndication”

1. Mary Says:
    October 10th, 2007 at 7:46 pm

Deal or NO Deal SUCKS

2. Mary Says:
    October 10th, 2007 at 7:47 pm

of course you reserve the right. It’s all about money for you and nobody else.

3. Jessica Nicholson Says:
    October 11th, 2007 at 3:55 pm

Hi, I was just curious.. How do you become a contestant on deal or no deal?? What site do you go on??? please let me know!!!

Thanks,

Jessica

4. Latasha Says:
    October 17th, 2007 at 9:00 pm

Hi, NBC

How is everyone doing, I hope well and enjoying themselves. Me and my two children is long time listeners of your morning show and enjoying the excitement of your late afternoon shows. We just got done watching one of are favorite shows “Deal or No Deal”. This show makes my kids happy to see how people can play and have a once in a lifetime to win some money. After the show went of they ask ” mama how can you get on tv ” and I thought for a moment and couldn’t really answer them and I Ask God that it would be nice to be a contest, and I always think how can I get on a T. V. show and I watch everyday people like me get on T.V. My nine year old son turn on my computer and said for me to enter, so here I am asking someone to please get in contact with me to show my how I can be the next million dollar winner.
    Please reply to my email.

Hello “Howie and Banker”

5. Trudy Niger Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 10:26 pm

Hi, NBC,

I just finished watching Deal or no deal and saw this lady who won $400,000. Men I thought of my self being in her shoes with that kind of money. I bet I could pay all my debts and forget filing for chapter 13. I am just wondering how do you subscribe to be on the show. Can someone there help to send me the right website to subscribe to. Please any help from information will be very much appreciated. Trudy Niger

6. barry monroe Says:
    November 18th, 2007 at 12:20 am

like the others, i am wondering how i can apply to become a contestant on deal or no deal? not only do i want to win some money but i also love the show..

7. Juneren moka Says:
    November 21st, 2007 at 3:39 am

I just finish watching deal or no deal and i think itz a wounderful show fullfilling peoples dreams is what i love to see but i was just woundering how someone can become a contestant on deal or no deal i would love it if my mum could be a contestant on your show as she has a grandchild on the way and has no way of helping me support my first child as im gunna be a young mum soon at the age of 17 and no show of the dad but i would love it if you guys got back to me i’d be so pleased thanks for your time

Comments