The Next Great American Band Top Twelve Bands Revealed

October 19, 2007 10:44 PM by Joe Blackmon

RocketnextbandOn the premiere of The Next Great American Band, bands from all genre types auditioned
in front of the three judges: Dicko, Shelia E., and John Rzeznik.  Host
Dominic Bowden introduced the bands.  Just like with American Idol,
there were good and bad auditions.  However, with only one two hour
episode focused on the auditions, the show emphasized the good bands.

One other similarity with American Idol is that heartwarming background stories were revealed for many of the bands.  Two bands, The Sizzling Happy Family and Northmont, said that they were going to hang it up if they did not get through to the next round.  Sadly, neither of the bands made it to the next round.  Northmont even got two shots to audition, but they did not meet with approval from the judges either time.

There were inspirational bands like Big Toe and The Muggs, and there were gimmick bands like The Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad and Zombie Bazooka Patrol, but only twelve bands were ultimately selected for the semifinals.

The top twelve bands were The Clark Brothers, a Bluegrass/Country band from Nashville, TN; Cliff Wagner and the Old #7, a Bluegrass Band from San Pedro, CA; Denver and the Mile High Orchestra, a Big Band/Swing Band from Nashville, TN; Dot Dot Dot, a Modern Rock band from Chicago, IL; Franklin Bridge, an R&B/Soul band from Philadelphia, PA; The Hatch, a Pop/Rock band from Brooklyn, NY; Light of Doom, a Heavy Metal band from San Marcos, CA; The Likes of You, a Pop/Rock band from Los Angeles, CA; The Muggs, a Classic Rock band from Detroit, MI; Rocket, a Pop/Punk band from Los Angeles, CA; Sixwire, a Country band from Nashville, TN; and TrÃs Bien, a Retro Pop/Rock band from Clearwater, FL.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for The Next Great American Band
news.  For other great The Next Great American Band news, please also check out SirLinksALot: The Next Great American Band.

Topics: The Next Great American Band |

27 Responses to “The Next Great American Band Top Twelve Bands Revealed”

1. H.E. Wagner Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 12:07 am

I have never posted to a blog, or to any site on the internet for that matter. But… I just finished watching the premiere of the next great american band and ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH PASSING ON NORTHMONT?????
    Please tell me that what you heard and what I heard are two very different things due to technical aspects of you being there and me being in my living room with only the benefit of my tv’s speakers. The first song they did had me on my feet. I was so excited to be getting to see these guys before they went on to bigger and better things. I was happy to listen to the lead singer talk, he had so much going on in his soul. Yeah, you picked some good bands but these guys have more originality than most. PLEAE BRING THEM BACK AND GIVE AMERICA A CHANCE TO WATCH SOMETHING GREAT. MAYBE TRADE THEM FOR THE 12 YEAR OLDS.

2. PDC Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 12:24 am

CHECK OUT KIWI HOST DOMINIC BOWDEN ROCKIN’ A PUBLIC DOMAIN “HAMBURGER” TEE ON THE PREMIER OF THE NEXT GREAT AMERICAN BAND. PUBLIC DOMAIN YOU ROCK MY WORLD!!

3. relyonme Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 12:50 am

The Clark Brothers made my day.

4. relyonme Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 12:51 am

The Clark Brothers made my day.

5. relyonme Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 12:51 am

The Clark Brothers made my day.

6. relyonme Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 12:51 am

The Clark Brothers made my day.

7. relyonme Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 12:51 am

The Clark Brothers made my day.

8. Shane Murray Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 2:16 am

past the gimmicks and the token all girl band, some great musicians and good original material. The Bluegrass band, Cliff Wagner and the Old #7 were the real deal. Yet, they still pulled off a take on Madonna..ya gotta love that! I’m in for the season.

9. Hard Rock Hero Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 11:55 am

The 12 year olds rock. Period. They will crush the competition, just watch.

10. Hard Rock Hero Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 11:55 am

The 12 year olds rock. Period. They will crush the competition, just watch.

11. Hard Rock Hero Says:
    October 20th, 2007 at 11:57 am

Light of Doom!

12. GLJ Says:
    October 21st, 2007 at 12:33 am

H.E.Wagner is right. I can’t believe they passed on Northmont! BIG MISTAKE!!!

13. patty donald Says:
    October 21st, 2007 at 8:35 am

I can not believe the judges passed on Northmont. I would buy their CD’s in a heartbeat. Big Big Big Big mistake.

14. Mike Says:
    October 21st, 2007 at 9:19 am

Yep, Northmont was the group with the most potential to sell records. Great sound, bad mistake.

15. Trish Says:
    October 21st, 2007 at 12:21 pm

“The Likes of You” are a great band with an amazing lead singer. Geoff Byrd has a voice that is incredible and his range is unbelievable. He can sing any genre of music and do it well. They didn’t get as much airtime as some of the bands who didn’t even make it through to the final 12, pretty unfair!! Can’t wait to see what they do this week, give them a fair chance!!

16. Griff Says:
    October 21st, 2007 at 2:56 pm

I will note up front,” I have seen ‘Sixwire” in person, so I MAY BE a bit biased! I thought they were great and had a great performance. There is much,much talent in this band. They have great original material and are very very versatile. I’m excited and hope everyone gets to see and HEAR what I have.

17. todd Says:
    October 21st, 2007 at 8:38 pm

light of doom can play like crazy I think they will beat those losers

18. Brian Says:
    October 22nd, 2007 at 7:33 am

What happened to Zombie Bazooka Patrol I thought they made it to the next round but they are not listed as one of the 12.
    I think The Clark Brothers, The Muggs, Trés Bien & Cliff Wagner and the Old #7 just for the fact that when they got dissed by Dicko they just went into Like a virgin.
    I thought I was going to hate this show since American Idol sucks so much but it any of these bands make it there is still hope for real music.

19. Ambby Says:
    October 22nd, 2007 at 10:18 am

yea…the clark brothers were alright and had something different,but like the judges said
    “Dot Dot Dot has the actual look of a rock band”

20. Carl Reinke Says:
    October 23rd, 2007 at 9:49 am

What a mistake ….Northmont should be in the top 12.

21. tom Says:
    October 23rd, 2007 at 12:42 pm

to the band rocket: if you see this, i am very interested. you girls are great! and i can help you out a lot. bye for now. white bars records

22. Lace Says:
    October 23rd, 2007 at 12:48 pm

AMERICAS NEXT BAND, I TOLD YALL THEY BROKE THE RULES about leaking onformation about them being finalist and in staying at the Palazo in los Angeles AND THEY ARE STILL IN THE COMPETITION, LOL…SO SUCK IT UP THE ROCKETS ARE FINALIST AND IS ON THE SHOW, HA HA…IT ALWAYS PAYS TO HAVE AN INSIDE PLUG WORKING FOR THEM YA KNOW.

23. Tina Benett Says:
    October 24th, 2007 at 5:52 am

The show is fixed! I can’t believe Northmont didn’t get on! My boyfriend’s friend was in one of the bands that auditioned and he said that a bunch of the bands on the show already had record contracts and that even that one band Likes Of You cheated their way on because they knew the guy from Googoo Dolls. He checked a bunch of the bandsites and 2 members of Likes of You used to play in a band with the bass player from LifeHouse. LifeHouse just toured with the googoo dolls and that’s too much of a coincidence!!!! And notice they barely even showed them in that episode, like maybe they didn’t even need to audition??!!?

If I were the other bands, I’d be really pissed off. Nothing’s ever fair or honest in these shows…

Check it out for yourself: http://www.thelikesofyou.com. The band they played in was called Amradio and it was with the newest guy from LifeHouse and you can see that they just toured with Googoo Dolls. Sooooo not fair that people pick their friends when musicians are really working hard to make it!

24. Jason Says:
    October 24th, 2007 at 7:55 pm

TRES BIEN! TRES BIEN! TRES BIEN!
    Tres Bien is one of the best bands that made it into top 12. If you like them then go to VoteForTresBien.com

25. BJ Walters Says:
    October 26th, 2007 at 9:19 pm

i am with todd here. i tuned in this week just to see the Zombie Bazooka Patrol and they weren’t there. instead there is some band called the hatch that wasn’t even on last week. what gives…..

cliff wagner and the old no.7 rock!!!! i hope they go all the way. and i dig tres bien! also

26. Ketra Says:
    October 30th, 2007 at 2:42 pm

Franklin Park was awesome.. They had a great original song.. I also loved both of the Bluegrass bands…

27. Jimmys Ghost Says:
    November 6th, 2007 at 9:09 pm

Re Rocket, yeah they have to have PR help because the play so god awful . What an insult to girl bands.

Comments