The Real Housewives Of Orange County Feel The Effects Of Getting Older

November 13, 2007 12:04 AM by Joe Blackmon

On the second episode of the third season of The Real Housewives of
Orange County, the ladies are starting to feel the effects on getting
older, which is especially challenging in youth-obsessed Southern
California.

"One of my biggest goals right now is to look as hot as I can," says newest housewife Tamra Barney. "I’m turning 40 in just a month and I want to look the best I’ve ever looked."  To prepare for her upcoming birthday, Tamra heads to the tanning salon, even though she is well aware of its dangers.  For Tamra, the risks are worth keeping up her looks.

Jeana Keough and Vicki Gunvalson struggle to fit exercise into their busy schedules.  They attend a boot camp session at 5:30 in the morning in order to keep their bodies in shape.

Vicki is also coming to terms with downsizing from her current 5000 square foot home to a 4000 squar foot home.  Vicki meets with a pool contractor to discuss what it will cost to renovate her new backyard to match the large, elaborate pool area she has in her current house.  However, Vicki’s husband Donn disagrees with his wife’s desire for an underwater volcano for the pool.  "It’s important for me to have the best, the newest, the greatest of whatever. Whether it’s clothes, shoes, jewelry — and I haven’t really figured out why," says Vicki.

Tammy Knickerbocker’s daughters Megan and Lindsey are dealing with the death of their father, Lou. "Lou didn’t have a will, he didn’t have any insurance. He didn’t do anything for them," Tammy says.  But they do have one thing to look forward to as they attend a party at the Playboy Mansion with Lauri’s daughter, Ashley, and George’s daughter, McKenzie.

Ashley finds out Lauri is about to put the townhouse, where she currently lives, on the market.  As Lauri walks through the townhouse with the realtor, it brings up memories of her troubled son Josh with whom she has had a rocky relationship with over the past few years.

Jeana is dealing with leaving her fifteen-year-old, Colton, at home alone while she takes her daughter, Kara, up to college at UC Berkeley.  Colton’s recent antics include stealing and driving around their golf cart and having parties that result in beer cans being left all over the yard.  Jeana and Kara leave for Northern California without telling Colton.  The Real Housewives of Orange County airs on Tuesday, November 13 at 10 PM ET/PT on Bravo.

Topics: The Real Housewives Of Orange County |

8 Responses to “The Real Housewives Of Orange County Feel The Effects Of Getting Older”

1. Jennifer Kostner Says:
    November 14th, 2007 at 12:38 am

Who is the boot camp instructor on the Real Housewives show? Is this John Spencer Ellis of Adventure Boot camp?

2. Jennifer Kostner Says:
    November 14th, 2007 at 12:45 am

3. margo schwab Says:
    November 14th, 2007 at 6:36 am

Those Real Housewives of Orange County sure seem to have ‘behind the gates’ living down pat. What seems interesting in this season are some of the close friendships…. a rarity among women! All while the rest of their families challenge them big time. Looking forward to the twists and turns of the season. – Margo Schwab, who hates getting older too!

4. Jess Felton Says:
    November 14th, 2007 at 3:37 pm

I’ve been hearing a lot about John Spencer Ellis lately. He has several Adventure Bootcamps set up around Orange County. They are exercise programs targeted to women with very busy schedules (thus the 5:30 meeting time).
    I have several friends in it that LOVE it.
    I believe John Spencer Ellis does personal training as well, so I bet he’ll do a great job getting Jeana and Vicki into shape!

5. Stacy Says:
    November 18th, 2007 at 1:54 pm

Does anyone know if there is an Adventure Boot Camp in Austin TX?

6. Susie Lynn Says:
    November 23rd, 2007 at 1:02 pm

Lou left no will? On the show, he clearly states he wishes to support his girls. Hopefully, the courts will show the new wife she has to share! In the meantime, maybe Megan & Lindsey will learn how to support themselves like the rest of us OC watchers!

7. Julia Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 5:08 pm

sooooo… It seems that Vicky is slacking at the Adventure Bootcamp. I just love the catiness between her and Jeana.
    Maybe she’ll really start eating organic after the pantry raids that John Spencer Ellis did in the last episode.

8. housewife1111 Says:
    January 11th, 2008 at 7:45 pm

I just got back from Michigan. Oakland County , Mi is their version of Orange County, Ca. Pretty Hilarious. They even have an Adventure Boot Camp out there with a bunch of Hot women getting trained by celebrity trainer David Krainiak. I thought I was on the Real Housewives of Orange County for a minute. If you ever are in Michigan you have to go in this camp. This Trainer David Krainiak was one of the BEST trainers I have ever had(not to mention HOT!) Here is his website http://www.mibootcamps.com

Comments