The Bachelor Finale – The Rose Goes to…Nobody?!

November 20, 2007 06:11 AM by Joe Blackmon

Written By Jennifer Brown. DeAnna and Jenni meet Brad’s family; Brad chooses a ring; Both girls get jilted. We start the evening in the kitchen with an excited Brad. He’s
confused because both girls are so “perfect,” and he’s “head over heels
with both.” But today’s a special day – the day both girls get to meet Brad’s
family. DeAnna’s up first, and she already has a leg-up because she’s a
Southern girl (Brad’s mom likes that). They sit down to lunch and have
an easy chat with lots of jokes.

Brad’s mom steals DeAnna away to ask the tough questions, such as, “Are you in love with him?” DeAnna answers yes and admits she’s hoping for a proposal from Brad. Meanwhile, Brad confides in his brothers – “,my head is swimming.”

The tough questions over, the brothers tease and roughhouse and it feels really comfortable. DeAnna loves it, wants to have it forever. “It’s scary to think that he may choose her over me,” she says. They have a tough time parting.

But part they must because soon it’s Jenni’s turn. Brad hugs Jenni for a long time when she comes in the door, and a nervous Jenni is brought to lunch as well. During the meal, Brad’s mom blurts out, “Have you told Brad that you love him?” It’s a pretty uncomfortable moment, as Jenni has to admit that she hasn’t yet done it. Again, Brad’s mom gets alone time, and again she puts the screws to the poor girl. “Are you in love with Brad?” she asks Jenni, and Jenni hedges, before finally admitting that she is falling in love with him. Afterwards, Jenni joins the boys for a round of football, reminding Brad one of the many reasons he’s crazy about her.

After the girls are gone, Brad gets some much-needed alone time of his own with Mom. He tells her that saying goodbye to either of those women is going to break his heart. While Mom suggests that things were more relaxed and easier with DeAnna, she admits that Brad has a very difficult decision to make because both women are great.

The girls each get a final date with Brad and DeAnna’s up first. She bakes a pan of lasagna for him, looking forward to a normal life with Brad. They dig in, Brad praising the food like crazy, and talk about nitty-gritty details of a possible life together (down to the raising and lowering of the toilet seat). Brad gets honest about his feelings with DeAnna and she gets honest right back. “It’s becoming very real,” DeAnna says. “I’ll be crushed if he doesn’t choose me. Somebody’ll have to pick me up off the ground.”

Jenni admits that she’s been a “huge mess” all day, waiting for this final date with Brad. She, too, is serving dinner (sorry, Jen, your dinner didn’t get the high praise DeAnna’s lasagna got), but they hardly get into the first bite before she goes emotional, telling Brad how she feels about him. She tells him that, though she’d be a lot of work to be committed to, she’s worth it, and apologizes over and over again for crying. Finally, after many tears, she says it: “I love you.”

The next day Brad heads out ring-shopping and chooses one. He’s suffering. “I never in a million years thought it’d be this tough,” he says. “I have to follow my heart.”

Next time we see Brad he’s standing in a flower garden, the final rose on a pedestal behind him. The limo pulls up and Jenni gets out. Although Brad looks happy to see her, we quickly learn that this is no happy occasion. He talks about her smile and how she makes him feel, but then says, “I want something more,” She immediately begins crying, and Brad has to beg her to say something to him. She tells him, “I want to say so many things but I can’t get them out.” Then she goes on to tell him that she’d waited so long to tell him her true feelings, and now she feels embarrassed that she told him. They hug for a very long time, both at the rose site and at the limo. Finally she gets into the limo and that’s when the crying really sets in. “I know that there’s someone waiting for me,” she cries.

Brad’s back by the rose when the limo pulls up again. This time DeAnna gets out,but why doesn’t Brad look too happy to see her? He tells her she’s beautiful and lists all the wonderful, amazing qualities about her. He even tells her that he’s just told Jenni goodbye, and clearly DeAnna thinks she’s about to get a proposal. But suddenly Brad has to excuse himself. He keeps tugging on his collar, and he paces around the flower garden. When he comes back, he wastes no time telling DeAnna goodbye as well. “I can’t look you in the eye and tell you that I love you,” he says. “I don’t understand,” DeAnna says, almost argumentative. She’s got jilted-girlfriend attitude and presses him until he finally tells her he has to walk her out,now. “I refuse to give you any kind of false promise,” he tells her. She cries on his shoulder and he whispers, “I’m sorry. So sorry,” into her hair. In the limo, tears running, DeAnna claims she’s “hurt and mad all at the same time.” “Stupid me,” she says.

We leave with Brad, teary-eyed but not quite crying, sitting on the wall in front of the rose pedestal, twirling the engagement ring in his fingers. He has nothing to say.

Tomorrow on The Bachelor: Jenni & DeAnna want answers; Brad faces them.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for The Bachelor news.
For other great The Bachelor news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: The
Bachelor

Topics: The Bachelor |

36 Responses to “The Bachelor Finale – The Rose Goes to…Nobody?!”

1. Virginia Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 8:01 am

Very upsetting show, I watched ever show from the beginning. He could have had a long engagement, he didn’t have to marry right away. Will be the last time I watch The Bachelor!!!!

2. Donna Pajak Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 9:30 am

I have watched the show from the begining and it was very sad he didn’t choose either girl. Jenni, I wish he would of chosen you. You are a beautiful lady and if he didn’t choose you well it is his loss. She will find someone great. Brad, you could of at least given us something to see. You could of chose one girl and just dated for a while. You shouldn’t of came on the show if you weren’t going to choose anyone. I don’t know if I will ever watch the show again.

3. FYI Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 9:46 am

Well, As always this makes for another disappointment to us that have watched this show again. Maybe we should learn our lesson and find our own life. This show was a no go from day one. He is around women everyday. He owns a club. For lets face it. He needs to go to Hollywood. Acting is what he does best. I guess he did not think that Dating was an option. I feel for the Girls. Thay deserve better……….

4. Karen Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 9:46 am

No wonder this guy is still single. Not only are the 2 women justifiably upset, but I’d be mad if I was his twin brother … who put a lot of time and energy into helping Mr. Fickle out. I guess some people are just not meant to get married. Maybe he should get a puppy or something to keep him company.

5. Dee Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 10:11 am

What a waste of time that was. Did Brad not have anything better to do with his life than to toll with the emotions of not one, but two women? Their is a reason that this man is still single, wonder what it is? I too felt their pain and thought how sad it is to both of them, and understandably so. I was just as mad as DeAnna was to see how this turned out. And to pace back and forth in the garden was so dramatic, please Sunset and Vine, give this man a contract. He is a great actor, the only thing about that is that he was using the feelings, and hearts of others as his script. Shame on you Brad, I am not so sure this is going to be on my screen another season.

6. Anonymous Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 10:27 am

I’m not surprised, I thought he would give the ring to someone that was on a previous version of the Bachelorette instead of one of those girls.

7. Kelly Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 10:47 am

Finally a guy who knows what he wants. A Marriage proposal is not something he should have done just to entertain all of us watching and ABC. I commend him for being honest and not caving. Both girls were sweet and I understand their hurt feelings, but lets face it he never said he was in love with either of them. And when does a guy have to apologize for not falling in love. We don’t always get what we want girls!! Can’t wait to watch tonight. Good Job Brad!!

8. Lisa Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 11:02 am

I just heard that he may have found out that he got a former girlfriend pregnant before the show but just found out about it.

9. beth Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 11:22 am

Pleeeeez…this guy is a classic commitmentphobic. An entire TV series, Sex and The City, was based on this type of guy. Some guys really believe they want to fall in love and will say anything to win a girl’s heart. Then, the idea of “forever” sets in and they cut and run like a hunted animal. This guy (Houdini) changed up his act in the final episode and seemed bewildered; he actually expected the poor women he had just charmed and misled to confide in him about how they were feeling in the midst of his Houdini act! Perk up girls…he has probably left a long line of carnage in his path with his cut and run act that most likely preceded you ever knowing he existed. Most likely, he has an relational disability…with a little truth serum and a few of his bar drinks you might even get him to admit it!

10. beth Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 11:24 am

11. Kristyne Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 11:37 am

I really wish ABC would choose a bachelor that REALLY wants to get married. I heard that Brad may have been hot on an ex-girlfriend, and that could be why he ditched these two fabuous choices. If that’s true, then he was never committed to the process. We, as viewers, deserve better than this!

I nominate Jenni to be the next bachelorette!!

12. Katya Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 12:14 pm

I find it so interesting that so many comments on this site show disdain for Brad’s decision not to choose either woman. I thought it was refreshing and applauded him on it. Let’s face it, he was handed a lot of duds this season, and while I generally liked both DeAnna and Jenni, neither was anything that great. Am I the only one who respects Brad for making this tough decision and at the end of the day knowing deep inside that neither woman would have worked? I think he had a lot of pressure to choose one, and it was a lot harder to say “neither.” But I respect that a lot more than choosing one without a lot of confidence in the relationship, only to break up 3 months down the line.

Honestly, I think he probably knew a couple of weeks ago that “the one” was not there, but he tried to go along with it to see if that feeling would change.

I admit, he did mislead them, as well as his own family, by the comments he made. I think that wasn’t right, but more likely a function of the pressure he was under. Let’s be realistic, do any of us expect that we could find the love of our life out of a pool of 35 people (even smaller when you think he immediately had to dismiss a bunch after only a few hours)?? I don’t. From day one, I thought Brad was the best and hottest Bachelor…. I liked that he was up front with many of the girls like Hillary and Bettina. We’ve not seen that with any of the others. I say good for him, and if his predecessors were more like that, we might have more married Bachelors in the long run. Let’s face it girls, what you dislike about this is the PROCESS… that a man would date multiple women at once, and hurt so many by dismissing them. But last time I checked, this was a voluntary experiment and it is ONLY TV!!!!!

13. Katya Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 12:17 pm

14. Mindy Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 1:10 pm

I can understand if Brad didn’t want to make a commitment at the end but to go on and on through out the show about these strong feelings he has for these women and then to just say goodbye at the end?? If he had such strong feelings you would think he would have at least given the rose to one of them and said “lets just see where things go instead of jumping into marriage, just date in the real world.” But no, he sent them both packing… he seemed like a nice guy but I think it was all a front and he is just yet another player jumping at the chance to date 25 women and have them all fighting for him. ABC needs to stick with the Bachelorette!! The Bachelor sucks!!

15. susan aubry Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 1:56 pm

Kudos to Bettina’s dad, who had Brad’s number from the home town visit. “What a disappointment,” he said – and then laughed out loud. He was trying to tell his daughter that you can take the man out of the bar, but you can’t take the bar out of the man. Good for you, Dad!

Brad’s a player and The Bachelor gave him a venue to advertise and grow his business – and now eligible gals in the “kingdom” will patronize Brad’s bars to catch a glimpse of the “Prince,” or to see if the “glass slipper” fits. Forget it girls, he’s really a toad!

16. susan aubry Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 1:58 pm

17. Judi Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 2:29 pm

For a minute I thought the ending was going to be really spectacular with him telling DeAnna that he had made a mistake and getting Jenni back to tell her she really was THE ONE. What a hoot that would have been. The whole concept of a bunch of women tolerating a so-so man “dating” them all to see which one he wants goes against my grain. The ending did not disappoint me because I would not have expected any real relationship to come of it anyway. This is just a glorified “I Love New York” and that is so bad it is good.

18. jan Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 3:14 pm

So, who gets to keep the ring? Brad?

19. Beth Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 4:28 pm

Why would any self respecting woman go on that show anyway?

I am mad at him for how he led them on, but then again that is the whole point of the show… lead on 25 girls and then trick yourself and one “lucky” girl into thinking that you have something special that will last forever; even though you have never seen each other on a bad hair day, never smelled the other fart and basically never seen any negative aspects of the other person.

At least he decided it was time to stop leading them on… kind of convenient timing since he’s already slept with both of them and gotten all the TV coverage availible… but at least it’s over and the abnormally beautiful and sadly desperate women aren’t still being led on.

20. Natalie Davis Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 4:54 pm

Yeah, but what about the viewers whose time was wasted? I don’t blame Brad for that (although I do blame him for being a creep, liar, media-seeker and obvious player and slut – and he isn’t that hot anyway); I blame ABC. The network broke a trust with viewers and willfully manipulated them. That’s TV, of course, but ABC shouldn’t be surprised if the viewers wise up and kick The Bachelor series to the curb where it belongs. All that humiliation and product placement for nothing. 10 weeks they promise joy and it ends with unhappiness for everyone? Never again.

21. Natalie Davis Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 4:54 pm

22. Heather Morrison Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 4:56 pm

I was very disappointed in the finale. Mainly because all along Brad seemed to be so sincere, especially with DeAnna and Jenni…telling them how he misses them when they are not there and how comfortable he is with them. Why did he say things to these women to make them feel as if he was sincere about his feelings, when obviously he was not. I think it was just plain mean and made him look like a huge fake. I could have understood if he wasn’t ready to make a formal proposal to one of them, but to actually dump both of them after all of the things he said? Brad apparently isn’t the nice guy he portrayed himself to be. He should have saved us a lot of Bull—- and dumped the entire 25 the first night. I think after all that he said he could have at least asked one of them to continue dating him. He didn’t even do that, which means he’s full of crap as far as I’m concerned…..loser.

23. edgecrosser Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 9:55 pm

I think brad is the only REALISTIC guy in this reality show ever since…hell how could that possibly be real to be in love… on-screen? With people watching and monitoring everything you do? Being in-love is not a script-base matter brought by any reality show’s idea… teach people to date, get involve, engage…its not a sports race or talent competition that only involves brawn and skills, this is emotion..hello?
    Just like any other dating or matching websites and stuff, people can be more excitingly be attached with someone else because of natural attraction, not just compatibilities and sort of. Brad is just being real, and a real man I guess…and this is reality show anyway!

24. Sonia Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 10:43 pm

I just watched this show online and throughout the day I tried so incredibly hard to avoid any spoilers. I wish I would have known it ended like this, I wouldn’t have wasted my time. So I watch the show after my long day thinking that no matter which girl he chose, I’d be happy because they were both amazing girls. In the end… I’m pissed as hell. I watched this from the very beginning and I feel cheated, I feel for these girls. It’s so messed up how both Jenni and Deana girls are totally crushed and he’ll be fine…he lead them on the entire time. WTF??? So typical… the girl gets the broken heart and the man moves on like it was nothing. I am so freaking pissed… I kept thinking it was some sort of joke. I just don’t get it… as hot as he is, and as much as he grew on me, I lost all respect for him. Go back to your “incredibly successful” bar business and be a bachelor you’re entire life… URGHHHH!!! lmao am I the only one this upset???

25. Jinger Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 10:57 pm

He went on the show to get closer to the host, Chris. He loves men!

26. Lorelei Carr Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 10:59 pm

I never even watch this show as the ads alone make my tummy churn. One only had to watch the “lead on” ad to realize what was going to happen. When are the networks going to come to their senses and give us back some real entertainment at the end of our day to wind us down? For me, I pick a good book every time.

27. trish Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 11:26 pm

Why waste time if you know you are gay, Brad? How can you spend time with those beautiful girls and not chose one in the end?

28. lara Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 11:36 pm

What an idiot!

29. melissa Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 11:46 pm

deanna should be the next bachelorette she is pretty caring and needs someone who deserves her.brad has lost a wonderful person its his loss. he is going to wake up one day and he will regret that he let her walk out of his life 2 times.he needs to realize that this chance comes only once in a lifetime they did make a hot couple. brad call deanna you should be together

30. anne Says:
    November 20th, 2007 at 11:55 pm

it was refreshing and I applaud him on it. WE dont really knows what was running through his mind. He feels it the most to be honest. we all are judging from a distance. I think he loved both girls equally. Three of them are all hurt.
    Come on gugs why is it such a big deal when the past bachelors have indirectly done so. I think people just go on the show for publicity and not to find through love

31. patricia Says:
    November 21st, 2007 at 12:18 am

I agree with a couple of the above comments re: Brad was honest and in a way it was refreshing for him to be real in the end. Tonight’s show tried to make up for the outcome by having 2 success stories Trista & Ryan and baby Max (I hope he’s not hydrocephalic?) and also Mary and ??? (the fisherman – Peter?). Out of 8 years only 1 solid marriage. Hey was Travis more honorable than Brad when he walked on Sarah (2 seasons ago) the following 24 hrs. after saying “she was numero uno?” And the doc/military man and Tessa? We don’t hear anything about them. Finding the right mate isn’t so easy in such a fishbowl. Hilary said he was such a “catch.” Maybe a lot of those chicks just want to marry a millionaire and they weren’t so sincere either. Besides a lot of the show is scripted! I’ll still watch it. I vote for Bettina for the next Bachelorette. Let the divorced have a go of it! Patricia

32. Natalie Says:
    November 21st, 2007 at 1:37 am

Good for you Brad for NOT choosing anyone. Why should he? Just to entertain the fans. For all of you saying that it could be a really long engagment that’s just silly. Again why would he do that? For the fans?! He did not totally love one of the girls and therefore there is no point in him forcing himself to do something for ratings. These shows NEVER work out as it’s a fantasy world. The two people usually do not live in the same city, they have different hopes and dreams and are not that compatible in the REAL world. Hello, would you not fall in love on a show like that?

Sorry but I think Brad made the right decision. It’s sad but if that’s how he felt that’s how it is. Out of what 10 seasons Trisha and Ryan are the only ones together and that was after she got her own show. People stop watching this show I have!

33. Denise Turner Says:
    November 21st, 2007 at 3:42 am

BRAD!!! If you are thinking of Deanna EVERYDAY, since the show ended, as you said – you ARE in love with her!! I don’t believe Brad realizes what love is. He said he didn’t feel `butterflies’ – what is he 12 years old??
    Brad – call her! Just spend time together – love grows over TIME with real-life experiences that you share. The only time I ever thought of someone EVERYDAY for months – was when I was in love with them! Why else would you be thinking so much of her? See a counselor about your confusion of what love is – but in the meantime, don’t let Deanna get away.

34. Kelly Says:
    November 21st, 2007 at 3:59 pm

I think that Brad might be gay and is just now realizing it!! Poor guy, what a waste!!

35. Anonymous Says:
    November 21st, 2007 at 4:15 pm

brads hot his decsion not… i want to find him give him sex that he can never 4get and tell him… i dont get “butterflies” when im with you so i have to tell you goodbye….hahha

36. Anonymous Says: