Dancing With The Stars Winner Is Helio Castroneves

November 27, 2007 11:07 PM by Joe Blackmon

Heliocastroneveswins

On the Dancing with the Stars finale, hosts Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris reviewed the tough criticism that the judges dished out to the final three couples during the finals performance show. Special guest Celine Dion performed her hit song “My Heart Will Go On.”

After Celine Dion’s performance, Bergeron revealed that the couple in third place was Marie Osmond & Jonathan Roberts. When Bergeron asked Marie Osmond what she had taken away from the competition, Marie replied “You know, I am so pleased to be here at my age.” Bergeron interrupted “You’re in your seventies. Right?” Marie continued “Yes, I am. After this show, I am.” After a recap of their time on the show, Marie Osmond & Jonathan Roberts danced the Tango.

Several of the previously eliminated couples returned to perform again. Josie Maran & Alec Mazo danced the Fox Trot, Albert Reed & Anna Trebunskaya danced the Cha Cha Cha, Mark Cuban & Kym Johnson danced the Fox Trot, Sabrina Bryan & Mark Ballas danced the Cha Cha Cha, Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani danced the Viennese Waltz, Cameron Mathison & Edyta Sliwinska danced the Paso Doble, and Jennie Garth & Derek Hough danced the Mambo.

Two of the couples returned, but did not perform. Wayne Newton & Cheryl Burke returned, but Wayne Newton couldn’t dance because of some health issues. Floyd Mayweather & Karina Smirnoff also returned, but didn’t dance because Floyd Mayweather was training for an upcoming fight and had a tender ankle.

Celine Dion returned to sing her new single “Taking Chances.” The final two couples performed one last dance for the judges. Melanie Brown & Maksim Chmerkovskiy danced the Mambo. Len Goodman said “This Mambo was incredible.” Bruno Tonioli said “Truly magnificent.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “You dance like you were born to do it.” Melanie Brown & Maksim Chmerkovskiy received a score of 30 out of 30 points.

Helio Castroneves & Julianne Hough danced the Quickstep. Bruno Tonioli said “Helio, you are like the sunny side of life. You’ve achieved an incredible amount in this competition.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “Helio, that was my favorite dance last time you did it. It was my favorite dance again.” Len Goodman said “In your business, you take a risk every time you go on the track. And what is amazing to me is you have taken a risk every time you dance.” Helio Castroneves & Julianne Hough received a score of 30 out of 30 points.

After a segment on the teamwork it takes to perform on Dancing with the Stars, Bergeron revealed that the winners of Dancing with the Stars were Helio Castroneves & Julianne Hough. After Bergeron congratulated Helio Castroneves, Helio said “This is an incredible moment, right now. I can’t thank enough.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Dancing with the Stars news. For other great Dancing with the Stars news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Dancing with the Stars.

Topics: Dancing With the Stars |

55 Responses to “Dancing With The Stars Winner Is Helio Castroneves”

1. M Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:13 pm

AWWWWWWW……RIGHTTTTTTTT!!!!

love it.

Mel was excellent too, but, I think that crap hip hop dance last night hurt them.

Way to go >>>>>> H E L I OOOOO

2. Anonymous Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:13 pm

noooooooooooooooooo no again!!!!
    another man takes the cup!!!
    i hate it!!!
    when is going to win a woman again??!!
    when!!!???

3. DF Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:14 pm

Buh Bye Marie…There is a God and he ain’t LDS

4. Marilyn Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:20 pm

Helio rocks! He deserved to win as well as the previous dance–Carrie Ann is rude and needs her eyes checked—
    They were the best all round dance couple all along and he is amazing with Jullianne no ne can dispute that! Marie is not qualified to be even be there

5. Anonymous Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:21 pm

Man, he has got to be the worst pick for America’s favorite dancer to date. Helio was terrible. Bad foot work, his partner carried him the whole season. I guess that stupid smile did it.

6. Anonymous Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:21 pm

7. jen Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:22 pm

This season overall, the women were way better dancers than the men. It makes no sense why a guy had to win this. So as it stands Kelly Monaco is the only female winner in this….what a joke.

8. missy Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:25 pm

yahoo! Hellio was great. Mel had training he had none. He deserved to win! Kiki you guesed it!

Mimi

9. missy Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:25 pm

Mimi

10. natalie Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:26 pm

i agree with you jen, that’s why i wanted mel to win, females were over the males this season!!!
    This season was for the women!!
    A woman should have won this!!

11. RH Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:27 pm

Helio C. and Mel.B were deserving of participating in the finals. However,the most deserving dancer of season 5 of Dancing With the Stars wasn’t crowned the winner tonight! SABRINA BRYUN was the BEST!

12. Sue Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:29 pm

The top three should have been Helio, Mel B and Sabrina. They were the three best dancers this year. Marie did not deserve to be on the finale and she showed it with her freestyle routine. If the show gets people who can honestly win and have them compete then maybe I’ll watch. The winner should be the best dancer not the star with the biggest fan base.

13. Donna Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:29 pm

A true man won! We tire of those gay professional dancers and their egos and flaming dance routines. They do not even look at their female partners. All they do is play to the cameras. Once again, a real man that dances like a man wins!

14. JulianesABEEEPPP Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:33 pm

EEEEEEWWW Annoying ass Julianne won AGAIN!
    Im so done with this show. She’s the msot annoying human on the planet

15. JulianesABEEEPPP Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:33 pm

EEEEEEWWW Annoying ass Julianne won AGAIN!
    Im so done with this show. She’s the msot annoying human on the planet

16. RH Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:34 pm

How does Helio, critized for bad foot work the entire competition win over Mel B. who received compliments the entire competition for her excellent foot work??????

17. Bobby McBride Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:34 pm

After Marie Osmond’s elimination, I knew the final two was going to be a tough call. When I said that it could’ve gone either way, it sure did!

Julianne Hough now joins Cheryl Burke as a repeat champion on this show! Way to go, girl!!

18. dasmith Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:42 pm

You got to be kidding me???? Helio hardly ever move his feet. When he did all he did was jump up and down. I BELIVED THIS WAS RIGGED. Mel B was by far the best.

19. RH Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:42 pm

Hey Missy,
    Mel B. never had any prior formal ballroom dancing training. Ballroom dancing is a completely different discipline from the stage dancing with the Spice Girls. So, as far as learning Ballroom everyone started at the beginning.

20. Nancy Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:50 pm

The right person won the competition in my eyes. Mel B and Sabrina for that matter already were dancers (even Marie with her show did dance routines now and again). Helio was NEVER a dancer and BECAME one!!!
    AWESOME =) Congrats to Helio and Julianne

21. dasmith Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Why do Christian have to be so mean the person who wrote this is an evil person. Posted by: | November 27, 2007 at 11:13 PM

Buh Bye Marie…There is a God and he ain’t LDS
    I hope they get there rewards for the evil in there hearts

22. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 12:00 am

YESS!!!
    Goooo Helio!!

Congrats Helio and Julianne!

i love it!

23. k Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 12:02 am

Judges needs attitude change… all season they have promote Julianne, Juliane, Julianne – regardless of Helio’s bad technique. He doesn’t do anything – except standing, jumping and smiling.

Last nights – the free dance routines from Mel and Max; Marie and Jonathan were superior to Helio and Julianne.

I can’t believe that Helio won — I guess his partner won the trophy for him.

24. Floro Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 12:25 am

I loved Marie’s Doll Dance.

Maybe the Judges for Christmas need to go to the Nutcracker Ballet.

I loved Mel’s Hip Hop Dance.

Maybe the Judges should read the Oxford Dictionary definition of the word “free” – in order to understand the concept of a free dance.

I want Marie or Mel to win — they were most entertaining.

25. scott Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 12:32 am

Seems to me that Albert and Sabrina were the two best dancers on the show but poor fan base did them in.

Secondly, will the producers please give Cheryl Burke – the best choreographer/dancer on the show, not to mention smokin hot – a decent partner next season so she has a shot at reclaiming the trophy ball? Wayne Newton??? What a waste.

26. Floro Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 12:33 am

Unfortunately, Helio won…

27. njr Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 1:55 am

Did anyone notice that Sabrina’s partner, Mark Ballas, was injured? He could hardly move his left arm – and isn’t sitting behind Sabrina in the audience. Any mention of what happened to him during the Celine pro dance?

28. Danno Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 2:40 am

According to ABC.com, Mark Ballas injured his arm severely and is in surgery. He’ll be out of dancing for 6 months and he and Sabrina had to cancel their appearance in the tour.

This was on the community boards for the show. A local ABC affiliate interviewed Mark Cuban who went with him to the hospital and flew in his top notch surgeon.

29. Danno Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 2:42 am

Scott, I agree. Cheryl is the sexist, smokingest, little thing! Joey Lawrence’s little bro is a lucky guy!

30. Lily smith Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 3:15 am

I so totally loved Julienne and Helio. He was a true shining dancing star with no experience dancing unlike sabrina, mel, and other entertainer stars. He went from zero dancing to being the winner!! I loved JUliene and her brother Dereck’s choreography. I loved this show.

31. Karen Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 6:23 am

YEAH!!! No wonder I could only get through twice on Helio’s phone line … people were voting for him! He deserved to win and I think Julianne is adorable. Congrats to both of them! (Glad she dethroned Cheryl, who I don’t find attractive in any way, inside or out.) Julianne’s choreography rocks for such a young dancer.

If you don’t like the results, there’s only one way to change it … VOTE!

32. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 8:43 am

Helio only won because of his stupid smile! Mel and Max should have won. They were the best dancers, the got the most tens from the judges. Helio didnt start getting tens until the show was almost over and he only got tens twice. This is american idol all over agian, I am sick and tired of these shows were the person with the most talent never wins.

33. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 8:47 am

Sabrina was sure to win at first before Mel even came in the running to win, but she didn’t have enough fans because she was only on Disney channel which is mostly watched by little kids not the adults who watch dancing with the stars.

34. Evan Marsh Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 9:23 am

I really liked Helio
    but honestly i think mel diserved it more
    this competition is all about whos the better dancer and even though she didnt do great on monday look at what she did all those other weeks. But who sohuld of won overall was Sabrina she did not deserve to get out that was a bulls*** call by america

35. Evan Marsh Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 9:24 am

I really liked Helio
    but honestly i think mel diserved it more

36. Tunisia Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 10:18 am

Is there any way we can to create a petition to have all the ladies who compete in this series go at this again for the title?

Mel B has been robbed!!! AND SO AS THE OTHER WOMEN who put their hardest best in the competition. To all the people who want the women to win this…ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!

37. A Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 11:13 am

Def. agree..mel b ruined it with the hip hop; the other spice girls wouldn’t even approve.

38. Summer Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 11:19 am

OMG those mushy e-cards are cute! haha OH MEL B. she was just plain bad

39. natalie Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 11:39 am

i’m with you tunisia!!
    i also wanted a woman to win!!
    why people don’t like a woman to win???
    this season was for a woman!!
    females were over the males and that’s it PERIOD!!
    MEL B SHOULD HAVE WON!

40. k Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 12:04 pm

I agree – overall the women were the better dancers.

ABC – Should have the Battle of the Stars – the best female dancers from this & previous seasons could compete against one another – for the ultimate trophy.

41. Jessica Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 12:21 pm

Go Helio and Julianne! The show is supposed to be about NON-dancers becoming ballroom dancers, and that’s exactly what Helio did. The right person won this season. At least it wasn’t Marie Osmond. Thank goodness

42. Mike C Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 12:59 pm

It was the best season ever and Helio and Julianne were the best. But Mel was great, also. It was a difficult choice. And poor Marie’s final Rag Doll dance showed all her flaws.
    Lots of drama and the best of these Talent/Dance shows. Beats American Idol by miles.
    Good show all. Congrats Helio!!
    And wasnt Sabrina’s dance the other night a showstopper????!!!

43. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 1:37 pm

I must say, I should give them props for the win, I just wish it was Jennie and Derek next to them instead of Mel and Maksim, maybe next season Derek will be in the finals against Julianne and win. But if I had to pick someone that would do well with Julianne, it would have to be someone that isn’t an athlete, that’s why she wins. And Derek would be great with Sarah Jessica Parker. We should get her on the show, lets start a petition to get her on the show. And Julianne would be great with someone like Adam from Road Rules the Quest and Viewers Revenge, don’t you guys agree. I’m glad Helio won this time.

44. anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 1:44 pm

And by the way, Marie was not a bad dancer, she just had a lot of off nights, an off night can affect you later. But I do admit, I will be going to see the tour in January sometime to see Jennie so that I can call her the best dancer to never win Dancing with the Stars. She would have won if she didn’t have the off night last week. And who do you guys want next season that you didn’t see before, I would tell you if they are good to do it. I personally want to see someone that was on a reality show before.

45. M Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 3:17 pm

*** to the above poster ***

!!!! NOT Donny Osmond !!!!

46. sara Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 3:42 pm

Helio…LUV U!!!
    Julianne and Helio were the best!

47. Jennifer Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 4:06 pm

I love Mel and am now a huge fan. I definitly thought she was the best dancer. However, I voted for the most improved and the non-dancer, Helio, sorry Mel.

48. Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 5:40 pm

Mel B was SCREWED because her partner, Max couldn’t keep his big mouth shut, which may have costed her the title in the end.

49. Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Jennifer, I vote for Mel B, she would have won had Max kept his big mouth shut.

I also think that Mel B’s fans assumed she was going to win the competition, but forgot to pick up the phone and vote, ala Gore in 2000.

50. Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 5:44 pm

Natalie, I think it’s because of the anti-Hillary sentiment.

Because I do NOT see Hillary winning the White House in 2008, look for former Massachusetts Governor Mitt “the Flip-Flopper” Romney (R) to be the 44th President of the United States.

51. Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 5:48 pm

Karen, this is like American Idol:

In Season 3, early fav LaToya London was screwed over due to Jasmine Trias’ crying habits, led to Fantasia BARELY squeaking by Diana DeGarmo-who also got screwed because the Idol producers sabatoged her chances of winning with the last song, “Don’t Cry Out Loud”.

LaToya would have easily destroyed Fantasia handily, had America not fallen for Fantasia’a sympathy act.

Recently in Season 6: Melinda Doolittle was expected to continue the South’s dominance, but she got kicked to the curb, which led to Jordin Sparks’ coronation and massive landslide over Blake.

52. Michele Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 6:37 pm

I love Julianne and Helio and I voted for them! I think the right couple won. The dance routines Julianne comes up with are better than anyone’s on the show! Love it!

53. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 9:33 pm

Hello, about the American Idol comment you left, Senator Gramm, I was wanting Latoya and Fantasia to not make the final 10 in American Idol three, I wanted Diana, Jasmine, Camille, and Matt as the final 4. And my final 2 was switched to Jordin and Blake when Chris Richardson was eliminated. And i’m voting for the girl that is giving birth on the show that will see to win Idol 7.

54. Danno Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 10:56 pm

Jordin over Melinda? Puhleeeeeaze! That show finally showed what a crock it was two years in a row by much inferior talent winning over true stars.

Melinda should have won HANDS DOWN
    Chris Daughtry or Elliott Yamin should have won over Hicks and McPhee (those two “barely” kept it together vocally while Chris and Elliot sang circles around them),

55. Jordan Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 11:12 pm

I am so happy Helio won! Mel B. was an amazing dancer, but like Joey Fatone, that is part of the reason why she is famous. I know the Spice Girls were more singers than dancers but it was still part of their performance. I am so happy the 2 of them made it to the end, no one else deserved to be there more. Well maybe Sabrina lol, but she took is famous for performing.

HELIO’S FREESTYLE WAS DEFINITELY THE BEST!

Comments