February 13, 2008 11:51 AM by Jennifer_Brown
These 12 contestants, who will be mentored by “Hairspray” choreographer Jerry Mitchell, will be given weekly dance challenges to test their versatility and dance drive. Each week someone will be cut from the competition — the dancer to get the final “call back” will receive a $100,000 cash prize.
What sets this contest apart from the other dance-themed realityshows? The challenges, which will test true versatility by forcing the contestants to perform styles from burlesque to Vegas spectacular to music video dancing, and everything in between. The contestants will have access to some of the top professionals in the industry to help them along.
Expect to see the following 12 contestants dancing across your TV screen in Step it Up & Dance:
- Adriana, 25 – Hometown: Shrewsbury, Mass.; Resides in Queens, N.Y.
- Cody, 27 – Hometown: Surrey, Canada; Resides in New York, N.Y.
- James, 23 – Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.; Resides in: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Janelle 18 – Hometown: Modesto, Calif.; Resides in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Jessica, 22 – Hometown/Resides In: San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Nick, 26 – Hometown: Houston, Texas; Resides in: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Nicole, 29 – Hometown: Farmington Hills, Mich.; Resides in Chicago, Ill.
- Michael, 25 – Hometown: Houston, Texas; Resides in: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Michelle, 30 – Hometown: San Diego, Calif.; Resides in New York, N.Y.
- Miguel, 24 – Hometown: Delano, Calif.; Resides in: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Oscar, 31 – Hometown: Bologna, Italy; Resides in: New York, N.Y.
- Tovah, 21 – Hometown: Chicago, Ill.; Resides in Chicago, Ill.
Step it Up & Dance will be hosted by Elizabeth Berkley. Choreographers Vincent Paterson and Nancy O’Meara will serve as judges for the show.
See the premiere of Step it Up & Dance on Thursday, April 3, 10:00 PM (ET) on Bravo.
Photo Courtesy: Bravo