« | Home | »

American Idol Winner Is David Cook

May 21, 2008 07:10 PM by Joe Reality

American Idol 7 Winner David CookOn the American Idol 7 season finale results show, Ryan Seacrest announced that ninety-seven and a half million votes came in for the two finalists. Seacrest also added that one David received 56% of the vote, and the other David received 44% of the vote. In Kansas City, Missouri, Mikalah Gordon led a hometown celebration for David Cook. In Salt Lake City, Utah, Matt Rogers led a hometown celebration for David Archuleta.

For the first musical performance, the American Idol top twelve finalists performed “Get Ready.” After the top twelve performed, David Cook and David Archuleta sang a duet of “Hero.” In a video segment promoting Mike Myers’ new movie The Love Guru, the American Idol final two met with Guru Pitka.

After the Love Guru movie promo, Syesha Mercado and Seal sang a duet of “Waiting For You.” After the duet, Jason Castro performed “Hallelujah.” For the Ford music video, the American Idol finalists performed “Let The Good Times Roll.”

After the Ford music video, Ryan Seacrest presented the two Davids with keys to their own Ford Escape Hybrids. The American Idol top six female finalists performed hits of Donna Summers, and midway through Donna Summers herself joined in the performance.

After the Donna Summers’ performance, Carly Smithson and Michael Johns sang a duet of “The Letter.” In a comedy skit, Jimmy Kimmel said he valet parked outside and wanted to know how much he should tip Sanjaya. Kimmel also played a video of all the nasty things Simon Cowell had said this season placed to music. After Jimmy Kimmel’s segment, the American Idol top six male finalists performed hits of Bryan Adams, and midway through Bryan Adams himself joined the performance.

After the Bryan Adams’ performance, David Cook and ZZ Top performed “Sharp Dressed Man.” Brooke White and Graham Nash performed a duet of “Teach Your Children.” The Jonas Brothers performed their hit song “S.O.S.” After a video segment of some of the most unusual auditions, Renaldo Lapuz appeared live to sing “We Are Brothers Forever.”

After Renaldo Lapuz’s performance, One Republic and David Archuleta performed “Apologize.” American Idol 6 winner Jordin Sparks performed “One Step At A Time.” In a video segment, Gladys Knight and the Pips performed “Midnight Train To Georgia,” except the Pips were Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey, Jr. American Idol 4 winner Carrie Underwood performed her hit song “Last Night.”

After Carrie Underwood’s performance, the American Idol top twelve finalists performed songs of George Michael. At the end, George Michael appeared and sang “Praying For Time.”

After George Michael’s performance, David Cook and David Archuleta appeared on center stage to hear the results. Simon Cowell said, “For the first time ever, I really don’t care who wins. I’ve thought you’ve both done terrific.” Ryan Seacrest announced, “The winner by twelve million votes of American Idol 2008 is David Cook.” After hugging David Archuleta, David Cook was overcome with emotion and had to wipe away the tears. David Cook said, “I started this season much to Simon’s chagrin as the word nerd, and I am absolutely at a loss for words right now, thank you.” To close out the finale, David Cook sang “Time Of My Life.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news. For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: Reality TV Magazine

Topics: American Idol, David Cook |

« | Home | »

1 Comment »

One Response to “American Idol Winner Is David Cook”

  1. Jennifer_Brown Says:
    May 21st, 2008 at 7:17 pm

    YES!!! We here in Kansas City are so proud of our hometown Idol! Congrats, David! We are celebrating hard at home tonight!

Comments



SheKnows Entertainment