November 07, 2008 03:00 PM by Paulene Hinds
American Idol winner, Carrie Underwood regrets the comments she made this past August when she stated that Tony Romo calls her, even though the pair had been split for months and he was dating his current girlfriend Jessica Simpson.
“It was something that was said in passing, and I would never mean to say anything to hurt anybody or stir up anything, because I’m just not about drama…at all,” Underwood, 25, said in the December issue of Elle.
Underwood had said in August that her phone rings and it will be Romo on the phone. This comment infuriated Simpson who quickly denied that her boyfriend still communicates with his ex and claimed that she checks his phone logs!
Underwood commented, “I might be mad too if somebody said my boyfriend was calling some other girl,” she said. “So I can definitely see where she would be coming from.”
Underwood also said that she hasn’t spoken to Romo since May…three months before she actually made the statement that Roma still calls her…hmmm?
Underwood is currently being connected with The Bachelor’s Travis Stork and has been seen on a number of occasions with him. When it comes to talking about whether the two are actually an item, Underwood remains mum.
“If I say I am or I’m not, as soon as this magazine comes out, it might be the opposite of what I tell you now,” she said. “In three months, it’ll be, ‘Carrie said she’s not dating anybody,’ yet last night, I was out on the town with some guy. He’s going to get mad at me. Everybody’s going to think I’m a liar. It’s just best not to go there.”
Photo Credit: Zimbio.com