Big Brother 11: Chima Says She Left The House Voluntarily

August 16, 2009 11:08 AM by Britteny Elrick

big-brother-11-chima-speaks-out

Now that she is finally out of the Big Brother 11house, the ever controversial Chima is speaking out! Chima claims that she wanted to leave the house for weeks, but Big Brother painted it to look like she broke the rules by throwing her microphone, an offense which has not resulted in theeviction of previoushouseguests. Keep reading to find out Chima’s side of the story…

Chima released the following statement after her eviction from the house:

“Yes, I did in fact quit the show, although there are reports on EW from CBS to the contrary. Big Brother would like everyone to believe I was kicked off for not following the rules, but I went to the producers repeatedly over the past couple of days wanting to leave….wanting out of that house!

As crazy as that house is, the producers NEVER want the world to think or know that we houseguests DO LEAVE when it becomes futile to stay. I lost faith in the show & my ability to remain committed to this game. All of the remaining housemates know I wanted to leave and that is why any conversation concerning me is cut in the live feed because they don’t want America to hear the truth about my voluntary departure.

Do you really believe that I would be expelled for tossing my microphone when past houseguests have only been kicked off for violence & threats of violence? You know better, as do I.

It’s better that I left. I did what was best for me in this game and that was to leave. When I chose to play & play hard the power I did earn was completely usurped by a game piece never used before in this game and my HOH reign was rendered useless. I have no regrets. As cliche’ as it sounds, until the public is a part of a human pressure cooker, then the judgements should cease.

I find it interesting that my personal attacks on Russell have been highlighted, but his attacks on me pushed under a rug. Selective portrayals? I think so. Russell did terrorize the house, especially the women in the house. Why America constantly finds men attacking women okay, yet vilifies the woman defending herself, will always confound me. But what’s done is done, now BB fans can find a new woman to hate. I didn’t sign up for what I was exposed to & I left gladly. It was the principle of the matter, the $500,000 prize be damned. That’s all for now! Take Care… ”

So what do you think? Do you think this is just another cover up, or do you think Chima is telling the truth for once?

For more entertainment news and celebrity gossip, visit oursister site SheKnows.com!

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Big Brother 11 news. Discuss the Big Brother cast and events in the house on our Big Brother message board. For other great Big Brother 11 news, you can check our SirLinksAlot: Big Brother 11.

Check out more information on all the Big Brother 11 contestants.

Images: CBS

Topics: Big Brother, CBS Reality TV Shows |

18 Responses to “Big Brother 11: Chima Says She Left The House Voluntarily”

1. oceanside Says:
    August 16th, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Chima I will give you credit for trying to spin it to make you look better. But my dear, all people have to do it go and look at what happened. I honestly hope that you get some help!

2. johnsonch1950 Says:
    August 16th, 2009 at 3:13 pm

I’m sorry but i think it all boil’s down too the fact that chima got upset that her HOH was usurped and didn’t get her way, Also I didn’t care for russell did was right nor do I beleave just becuse russell did it, it made what chima did RIGHT!!!!! Chima u make it sound that it was all CBS’s fault and that everything that u did was OK, Well it wasn’t u were wrong alot of time face up to it. BB can do what ever they it’s thier show!!!! u should have just let go and tried to win HOH again, but u didn’t u just got mad and guit, that’s really showing them!!!!

3. eyezontv Says:
    August 16th, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Luv you Chima. Russell was a terrorist, because he terrorized the house. but you shouldn’t have called him a Muslim terrorist. Much luv here though. I wish you only the best in life.

4. lmao Says:
    August 16th, 2009 at 3:59 pm

It’s just a show….who is the world take anything on reality t.v serious!!!

5. marinejoshua Says:
    August 16th, 2009 at 7:16 pm

I am a united states marine and i went through the hardest boot camp in the world… and i can personally say that what shes been through is nothing. She was a complainer in the house and apparently out of it as well. The fact of the matter is she was on her way out and it had to do with her loud mouth, bad attitude, and her “everyone’s out to get me” syndrome… to Chima: i guess you cant stand up to anyone. CHIMA YOU ARE A WEAK PLAYER AND IT SHOWS.

6. united Says:
    August 16th, 2009 at 9:06 pm

Chima needs to f**kin grow up. She is the next Omarosa, another black woman feeling she has been wronged. Chima needs to watch the episodes and see she was no innocent female and deserved being placed on the block. Ronnie made his bed and deserved it, now Chima you need to just leave, because you deserve it. You needed to play low like Kevin is.

7. swmhatngr Says:
    August 16th, 2009 at 9:18 pm

What ever, she knew she was out and is putting the issue on someone else…just another reason the white man is keeping the black down, just look at the facts, she is a racist and sexist pig to the extreme…call a spade a spade

8. kylady_66 Says:
    August 16th, 2009 at 10:10 pm

I think that there is more to this story than Chima is willing to tell. She has shown herself to be a hothead in the BB house and I am sure that she probably said and did some things when the cameras and mics were off that got her kicked out. If she is trying to make people feel sorry for her, then I think that she is going to fail miserably!

9. westerburgken Says:
    August 17th, 2009 at 1:13 am

Chima, you yourself had become Russel. The so called tyrant of the house. The loud mouth and cant shut up .You made your family proud.

ken-jen from, Texas

10. bwolf22 Says:
    August 17th, 2009 at 9:39 am

Chima, you left because you did not get your way. good bye.

11. hjmiller426 Says:
    August 17th, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Chima, you’re a whiney little you know what who’s only happy if she’s winning. Isn’t it funny that you didn’t see Jeff, Jordan, Michelle, Laura, or Casey acting this way when their friends were evicted. Or things didn’t go their way. Like Ronnie not leaving when he was supposed to. I for one am glad you’re gone from the house. You called Braden a racist and then proceed to call Russell a terrorist and Jordan White trash. You’re over 30, so it’s time to lose the “It’s my ball and if we don’t play by my rules, I’ll take my ball and leave” attitude. Good riddance to a poor loser.

12. Byker Says:
    August 17th, 2009 at 3:00 pm

What Chima chooses to forget is the BB line “Expect the unexpected”, she also conveniently forgot that Jeff had the “power” for 2 weeks so it wasn’t like BB took away her power specifically. Chima came off like a spoiled brat, all was fine and dandy when she was in control but the minute that control was gone she had a tantrum. She needs to get over herself. I’m glad she’s gone.

13. SDMartinez Says:
    August 17th, 2009 at 5:46 pm

The truth is that in the beginning of the whole blow out with Russell I was completely on Chima’s side. Even though before that even happened she had already shown signs of being a drama queen. The problem that Chima doesn’t get is that being a strong woman would have meant staying and competing in adversity. You don’t have to like everyone you just have to coexist.
    I am personally glad Chima left the show and I don’t care how she left. Her venom was only dragging everyone else down with her. She didn’t behave like a strong woman she acted like a “mean girl” or a spoiled brat, both of which most likely apply to her in her normal life.
    Furthermore, if she actually opted out of the show, there should be a monetary penalty to her just like Survivor. My guess is that CBS, and any other respected network, is just happy to be rid of her as is America.
    Get some perspective Chima, it is a game for 500gs.

14. jewels Says:
    August 18th, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Glad to see the drama queen go!!!

15. mickeyflippindougal Says:
    August 19th, 2009 at 6:18 am

I love it! Chima finally realized how disgusting Big Brother is! The producers require you to display the most disgusting and lowest levels of human nature to “win.” But Chima’ conscience won and she told the producers (who are far more disgusting than any of the “houseguests”) to shove it.

You GO,Girl! Nothing but respect for having a conscience and listening to it!

16. micdenroo Says:
    August 30th, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Nice try on putting your own spin on things. If that’s what helps you sleep at night more power to you. I have NEVER seen such a group of poor sports in my life!!! Big Brother is a GAME and when things didn’t go your way you acted like a total spoiled brat!! I watch the live feeds and totally believe you were kicked out by the producers. And you deserved to be. Really WHO do you think you are??? You have been through a lot and have risen above things that have happened in your life. That having been said so have a lot of people we all have a story!! You were one of the worst players to ever play the game. When you won HOH and someone had been given a power to over throw your nominations to further himself in a GAME you were all playing you acted like a total ass!! So did Natalie and Lydia get over it Jessie didn’t die he got EVICTED FROM A GAME!!! America voted and chose Jeff oh well that’s the way it goes. You would have used the power to your benefit if it had been given to you oh but that would have been ok!! As soon as your click lost control you left because in your own words you weren’t going to give them the satisfaction of evicting you well wah wah wah everyone else has to go through it what makes you special????? You are a poor sport and America hated you because of you and your behavior and your rotten personality!!! Glad you’re gone and you’re a quitter and will NEVER work as a host on any network after that display on national tv. They can’t show something that you never did or said. You really should seek some help because you desperately need it!!!

17. Fact Says:
    July 29th, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Chima had a right to be pissed. It’s clear the Coup D’Etat was only placed in the show so that goldenboy Jeff could stay safe. It was flat out rigging and I’d be pissed too.

18. Clairvoyant Claire Says:
    June 2nd, 2012 at 10:56 am

Omg! I am watching Unusual Suspect. Chima is on the show as a victim. Poor girl. Chima stay strong! I pray for you and other victims. Much love miss Benson

Comments