August 09, 2010 10:16 AM by Nancy Floyd
In a little over a month,Â Survivor will be returning for its 21st season with new castaways, a new location, and an interesting new twist. For the first time in Survivor history, the 20 castaways will be split into two tribes divided by age. Keep reading for more details about Survivor: Nicaragua, the La Flor and Espada tribes, and the new cast…
Season 21 ofÂ Survivor returns toÂ CBS on September 15th, airing on its new night of Wednesdays. The new season will be set inÂ San Juan del Sur,Â Nicaragua. In a Survivor first, the 20 castaways will be divided by age. The La Flor tribe features castaways under the age of 30, while the Espada tribe is made up entirely of castaways over the age of 40. Will youth and vigor prove more powerful than wisdom and experience? Only time will tell.
We’ve got the scoop on the 20 castaways vying for the title of Sole Survivor in season 21. There is a 47 year age gap between the youngest player and the oldest with contestants from Florida to California. Here are the 20 castaways from Survivor: Nicaragua:
La Flor Tribe:
- Jud Birza, a 21-year old student from Venice, California
- Kelly Bruno, a 26-year old student from Durham, North Carolina
- Shannon Elkins, a 30-year old business owner from Lafayette, Louisiana
- Ben Henry, a 26-year old club promoter from Los Angeles, California
- Matthew Lenahan, a 30-year old real estate broker from New York, New York
- Brenda Lowe, a 27-year old business owner from Miami, Florida
- NaOnka Mixon, a 27-year old teacher from Los Angeles, California
- Chase Rice, a 24-year old pro race car jackman from Fairview, North Carolina
- Kelly Shinn, a 20-year old student from Mesa, California
- Alina Wilson, a 21-year old student from Downey, California
- Jill Behm, a 43-year old ER doctor from Erie, Pennsylvania
- Jane Bright, a 56-year old dog trainer from Jackson Springs, North Carolina
- Tyrone Davis, a 42-year old fire captain from Inglewood, California
- Wendy DeSmidt-Kohloff, a 48-year old goat rancher from Fromberg, Montana
- Holly Hoffman, a 44-year old swim coach from Eureka, South Dakota
- Jimmy Johnson, a 67-year old sportscaster from Islamorada, Florida
- Dan Lembo, a 63-year old real estate executive from Watermill, New York
- Marty Piombo, a 48-year old tech executive from Mill Valley, California
- Yve Rojas, a 41-year old homemaker from Kansas City, Missouri
- James Tarantino, a 48-year old fisherman from Gloucester, Massachusetts
Tune into the season premiere of Survivor: Nicaragua on CBS on September 15th at 8pm EST!
Want more?Â Follow our tweets onÂ Twitter and “like” us onÂ Facebook! For other greatÂ Survivor news, please feel free to check outÂ SirLinksALot: Survivor and then come and discuss the show on ourÂ reality TV message boards.
For more breaking news about celebrities andÂ entertainment visit our sister siteÂ SheKnows.com!
Photo Courtesy of CBS