October 27, 2010 12:00 PM by Lisa Princ
If you watched The Biggest Loser on NBC last night and were inspired by Chef Curtis Stone‘s cooking lessons, now is your chance to cook healthy and delicious meals like Curtis. Curtis Stone shared his highlighted 100 calorie cupcake recipe and more delicious recipes for you to get healthier! Keep reading for more details!
If you love the healthy recipes made by Chef Curtis Stone on NBC’s The Biggest Loser, now you can try some of these recipes at home! Here is the recipe for Curtis Stone’s 100 calorie cupcakes we saw a few weeks ago:
5 organic egg whites
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
* Preheat the oven to 325F.
* Place the egg whites in a large bowl and using a hand held mixer whip the whites on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until the whites begin to lighten up and hold their shape.
* Increase speed to high and whip in the salt and honey until the whites hold a soft peak, then add the vanilla extract.
* Fold in the yogurt.
* In a separate medium mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder and mix well.
* Sift the dry ingredients into the egg whites a little at a time, gently folding them in with a rubber spatula.
* Once fully incorporated, scoop the batter into cupcake tins lined with cupcake papers.
* Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes or until they have colored and gently spring back when pushed with a finger.
* Remove from the oven and cool the cupcakes at room temp.
Each one of these cupcakes boasts only 60 calories. For the frosting recipes and 16 more healthy, delicious recipes from Chef Curtis Stone be sure to visit NBC’s Curtis Stone Recipes. Don’t forget to tune into NBC’s Biggest Loser Thanksgiving Special to see what goodies Curtis whips up for the holidays!
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The Biggest Loser news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Biggest Loser and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.
For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!
Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |
« America’s Got Talent: Host Nick Cannon Expecting First Child With Wife Mariah Carey | Home | The Real Housewives Of New Jersey: Audition To Be On The Show »