November 05, 2010 12:00 PM by Lori Wilson
On the Daily Candy website, where she is the editor, Dannielle Kyrillos offers up her mother Patti’s signature recipe for pumpkin pudding. It’s promised to be inexpensive and easy to make, as it only takes ten minutes after everything has been prepped.
Ingredients (serves four)
1 envelope gelatin
1/4 cup water
3 eggs, separated
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/5 ounce can of pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoon pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
1/3 cup sugar
1. Dissolve gelatin in water and set aside.
2. Combine egg yolks, milk, brown sugar, and pumpkin in saucepan, stir well, and cook over
medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in spice and vanilla, and then add gelatin mixture.
4. With handheld or stand mixer, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form
(about four minutes). Slowly add white sugar and fold into the pumpkin mixture.
5. Divide among teacups, cute little bowls, or carved-out mini pumpkins, and refrigerate until
6. Garnish with fresh whipped cream.
To watch the video of Danielle whipping up what is affectionately referred to as “pumpkin fluff,” go to Daily Candy.
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and â€œlikeâ€ us on Facebook! For other great Top Chef: Just Desserts news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality Television and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.
For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!
Photo credit: Bravo