Hell’s Kitchen: Trevor McGrath And Jillian Flathers Exclusive Interview

December 09, 2010 02:30 PM by Lisa Princ

hells-kitchen-trevor-mcgrath-gets-lesson-from-chef-ramsay

Last night on FOX‘s Hell’s Kitchen, we watched as Trevor McGrath and Jillian Flathers became the next victims of Gordon Ramsay‘s chopping block right before the finale. These two sat down to chat with us today about their eliminations and experience on the show. Keep reading to hear what they had to say!

Hell’s Kitchen on FOX lost both Trevor McGrath and Jillian Flathers last night. Here is what these two wanted to share in our exclusive interview.

RTVM: Why do you think you did not make it into the finale?

Jillian Flathers: Honestly I am not sure.

Trevor McGrath: I don’t know. Somehow the biggest jerk on the show ended up there as well as Nona, who let’s be honest is just fat with kids – I guess she is supposed to be the good old southern girl. I am not going to sugar coat this but Russell is nothing but an ass kisser and Nona did nothing but cry on the show.

RTVM: Wow. So I guess that means Russell is really as harsh as he has been portrayed?

Trevor McGrath: Yes. He is nothing but a thug. We did an event together and he wouldn’t shake anyone’s hands. He showed up with his new, yes new, girlfriend and was a complete jerk to everyone. He yells and screams when the camera is on him, but he doesn’t do that when no one is around.

RTVM: Jillian, how does it feel to be the only one who has never been put up for elimination and then go home so close to the finale?

Jillian Flathers: I tried not to piss anyone off so they wouldn’t put me up there. I am pretty disappointed that I missed the opportunity to compete in the finale.

RTVM: Since you two will both be back for the finale next week can you give us any hints on what we can expect to see?

Trevor McGrath: We can’t say much, but I can tell you that you will see me screaming and yelling at Boris quite a bit.

hells-kitchen-jillian-flathers-gets-pep-talk-from-gordon-ramsay

RTVM: How was it working for Gordon Ramsay?

Jillian Flathers: It was not as bad as most people think. If you’re not an idiot, you won’t get yelled at.

Trevor McGrath: It was fine. You just keep your head down and push through.

RTVM: Trevor, you had a hard time dealing with Sabrina on the show, what are your thoughts on her?

Trevor McGrath: Besides the fact that she should have gone home sooner? I was so sick and tired of hearing about her, her ghetto ass was all over the media. I still talk to many of the contestants but she and Raj are nuts and can take a flying leap for all I care.

RTVM: What does the future hold for you both? Any plans?

Jillian Flathers: I would like to try and open my own restaurant in the next year.

Trevor McGrath: We’re working on a chain of restaurants and a micro brewery. You might possibly see me on the television again soon.

A big thank you to both Trevor McGrath and Jillian Flathers for talking with us today. If you would like to keep up with these two, they can both be found on Facebook!

Be sure to tune in Wednesday at 9 pm EST on FOX for the season eight finale of Hell’s Kitchen as Nona and Russell battle it out!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Hell’s Kitchen news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Hell’s Kitchen and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo credit: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, Hell's Kitchen |

9 Responses to “Hell’s Kitchen: Trevor McGrath And Jillian Flathers Exclusive Interview”

1. Henry Karlson Says:
    December 10th, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Trevor

If you are reading this, just wanted to let you know: I think you should have been in the final. I think you had more leadership skills than either of the finalists, and I thought you were unjustly singled out to fail by the other contestants. I think many times you failed only because others made you fail; sure no one is perfect, and I think you had room for improvement, but I also think you had more heart and ability to work with others than what we saw.

Russel, though he could cook, should have been kicked off for his abusive threats.

2. Lisa Princ Says:
    December 11th, 2010 at 5:49 am

I hope Trevor sees your post, but in case he doesn’t you can look him up on Facebook or Twitter and share your thoughts as well. I think Russell’s attitude killed it for most viewers, I mean isn’t that part of the reason Chef Ramsay got rid of Sabrina? Not sure why Russell is still there but I have a funny feeling he is going to win :(

3. asdf Says:
    December 15th, 2010 at 8:04 pm

russell was a complete asshole. his final words in the finale were something to the effect of “thanks for screwing me guys. you’ll never work in a city i’m in, i’m so going to blackball you all”

can’t believe he even made it to the finale, i’m glad he lost though. nona shouldn’t have been in it eitehr. probably the most boring finale in the history of the show.

4. Blu Says:
    December 23rd, 2010 at 4:54 am

if i had the finances, Jillian would so get a shot at her own restaurant, succeed or fail she’d have a chance, one she earned and really deserved from her performance.

5. Weez Says:
    January 1st, 2011 at 6:29 am

Trevor was my favorite character from the start! I always thought he did a great job cooking, just that everyone got in his way and used him as a scapegoat after the weaker players left. I always found it stupid when people were yelling at Trev and when Trev yelled back it was suddenly like he started it all. Would’ve been cool if Trevor won, I think he deserved it.

6. Nona na na naaa na Says:
    February 14th, 2011 at 11:05 pm

I’m sorry but Trevor was not competent enough to be deserving enough. It was obvious that Trevor tried hard to be assertive enough and stand strong, but he was clearly hurting and Russell saw this weakness. I bemoan Russells bully-attitude, but at the end Trevor’s consistency and insecurity let him down.

7. Nona na na naaa na Says:
    February 14th, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Oh, about Jillian Flathers.. would have liked to see her in the final. She tried very hard and was unpressed with her. She also reminded me of a better version of Gwen Stefani.

8. Dave in England Says:
    March 2nd, 2011 at 10:05 am

Trev’s a proper geezer. His eyes go wild when he’s pissed off (pretty much every week)

Fabulous season.

9. Really? Says:
    June 18th, 2012 at 2:44 am

I am sorry, but Trevor has a horrid attitude. He has absolutely no class and dignity. You make a mistake or if you don’t stand up for yourself, take it like a man. All he did was blame others. Take a look at this interview, Jillian answered all the questions with so much class… Trevor on the other hand acts “bitter” as if he was too deluded to believe he didn’t make it to the finals based on the way he performed throughout the competition.

Comments