Survivor: Nicaragua-Jeff Probst Blogs The Survivor Finale

December 20, 2010 09:00 AM by Shayla Perry

Press_Tour_01_04_01.jpg

After the season finale of Survivor: Nicaragua on CBS, Jeff Probst took to his blog to give fans his thoughts on everything from Fabio’s win, to the reunion show, and why he thinks we’re all gonna love Survivor: Redemption Island–and he’s even willing to vote himself off the show if we don’t! Check out Jeff’s blog here!

From Survivor: Nicaragua host, Jeff Probst:

It’s late so this will be short:

FABIO WINS
I’m delighted that Fabio won.  He was the clear audience favorite. The crowd in the studio went wild when his name was announced. Kids seem to gravitate to Fabio. I think it’s his goofy honesty. He doesn’t filter much and though at times he is a bit scattered, there is an undeniable charm and it’s nice to have him on the list of Survivor winners.

CHASE ON GEEE-TAR
I was really impressed. I’d never heard Chase play before but I just had a feeling it was worth a shot. He played once during our walk thru before the show and it sounded so good we asked the band to join in as well. I wish Chase well in his music endeavors.  I could see him having a lot of success in Nashville.

NAONKA
I think she held back a little bit from her true self during the live show. She had a bit more self-control last night, but she still came through with some colorful answers. I was most curious what her mom would be like and I was pleasantly surprised that her mom was so even-keeled and honest about her daughter.

JIMMY JOHNSON
That’s how you do an interview. His answers were great. That’s why he makes a lot of money working on television. He’s a pro. Loved what he said and that we were able to share the story of how Survivor helped save his life.

TERRY BRADSHAW
What a gift to have Bradshaw in the house and willing to let us ask him a few questions. Having Bradshaw gave us another element and a bit more insight into why someone like Jimmy Johnson would want to play Survivor.

JANE WINS SPRINT AWARD
As I said in the show, it was a BLOWOUT.  She had 60 percent of the vote. The next closest were Holly and Fabio at about 10 percent. I’m happy for Jane. I think she will use that money to help make her life a bit easier. Two years worth of salary is a lot of money. What I like most about this award is that it’s based on fan voting, nothing else.

BOSTON ROB
I owe Rob an apology. I tried to squeeze in too much content before getting to Rob and as a result we were late on time, and so the band started playing as a cue for us to go to break and Rob did his best to rush through the story. That was my fault and I accept full responsibility. But damn, that baby is cute. That is three Survivor babies that have come from Survivor couples.  Rob and Amber have two and Jamie and Erik (from Survivor: China) have one as well!

REDEMPTION ISLAND
I do believe this is our biggest twist yet.

I do believe it will change the game in a huge way.

I do believe you are going to love it.

Give it a chance.  Have some faith that we know what you guys want and expect from your favorite show.

If after 6 episodes the majority of you do not love what is happening with Redemption Island, you can let me know and I will vote myself off the show.

How’s that for stakes?

I hope all of you have a great Holiday!!

See ya Feb. 16 for Survivor: Redemption Island.

–Jeff Probst

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Survivor: Nicaragua news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Survivor and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Images courtesy of CBS.

Topics: CBS Reality TV Shows, Survivor |

21 Responses to “Survivor: Nicaragua-Jeff Probst Blogs The Survivor Finale”

1. kay Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 10:19 am

Jeff, why did you ask Jane how much money she makes in a year? That was highly embarrassing for her and none of anyone’s business!

2. Tracy Bibler Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 10:33 am

I’m looking forward to a new twist….can’t wait. You are #1 Jeff you do an awsome job!

3. soccer predictions Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 10:45 am

You’re right that Survivor simply would not be the same without Jeff. But the only other possible replacement would be Dalton. And don’t think Jeff doesn’t know it. That’s why he always gets a bit snippy in their interviews – he knows he’s looking his future sucessor, and it reminds him that no one ever has one hundred per cent job security.

4. Rita Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 11:02 am

I think besides the physical scrutiny that the contestants should endure to qualify, there should also be moral and mental scrutiny. Naonka is true evil and Fabio is truly retarded!

5. Rita Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 11:05 am

One last thing. Racism is ugly, but this episode showed another side of ugly: ageism.

6. Anne Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 11:24 am

I am happy for Fabio..he was great winning the last 3 immunity.. He had to do that or he would be voted out.He dug deep in within hiself and became a HERO.when everyone was against him..
    and were ready to vote him out.That is a true
    SURVIVOR. That all thought they could run him over.I think he had the last laugh

7. Araceli Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I really thought that Chase was going to come from behind. Jeff, you are one in a million so don’t ever think of leaving. At least not before i get my shot on survivor. Can’t wait for the new twist in Feb. and I’m sure everyone will love it, thanks for so many great seasons of Survivor!

8. Kay Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Jeff does a wonderful job of stirring the pot at tribal council. I don’t know how many time sI have laughed out loud because he asked a particular question and the recipient of the question looked shocked, frightened, etc. That’s the way to get people talking. It’s incredible how much Jeff gets them to say when at home we are screaming, “Just shut up now. You’ve already said to much”. If Jeff were replaced I could never imagine watching Survivor again. He’s just too good at what he does for anyone tot ake his place. As for NaOnka she is not evil but she is ignorant. She needs to learn the lesson of keeping her mouth shut and ears open more often. She is very immature. I think Fabio was like a breath of fresh air. There are a lot of men who could take a lesson from him. He is not afraid to show emotion and knows he intelligent and doesn’t have to beat anyone over the head with it. He is definitely different – kind of artsy and creative – and that is part of his appeal. Only mean-spirited people call others “retarded”. Keep in mind, it is a game and not life. If most of those Survivors conducted themselves in life like they do on the game they would never get anywhere. But they generally don’t – always remember that. We see only small facets of their personality on the show. Again, I’m happy for Fabio, aka Judd, and wish him much happiness for his future and his family. It’s nice to see one of the “nice guys” come out ahead once in a while. I love Survivor and can hardly wait until next season.

9. Sarah Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 2:38 pm

So which 4 jury members voted for Chase?

10. Janet Ross Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Jeff, Please do not leave survivor. You are the face and heart of the show that I have never missed an episode. I don’t mind the changes that are occasionally put into the show because the basic elements remain in play. Jud played a great game in that he knows how intelligent he really is and he played accordingly. By not commanding all the physical challenges he kept the bullseye off of his back but stepped it up when he had too! Crazy yes, but crazy like a fox. Go Jud!

11. abigail Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I’ve always liked you Jeff – but I could not believe at the beginning of the show you said”- “this shows what happens when young and old play against each other – all three winners are young! And everybody cheered@! Duh? Gotta be proud. What do you expect? Unbelievable!

Jane beat Chase twice on endurance and she is about 35 years older than him!!

You’re not the straight talker I remember, that was pathetic of you.

And…please DON’T bring your favorite firebrand punk Naonka back. People don’t like her and if you think that she will improve ratings, then you and your producers have lost touch with reality.

12. Tim Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 7:09 pm

How could there be a tie when there was a vote for Sash during the jury voting? Something looks fishy…

13. Tim Says:
    December 20th, 2010 at 8:08 pm

That should have been how could there NOT be a tie when there were 9 jurors and a vote cast for Sash in the jury voting?

14. Matt Forrester Says:
    December 21st, 2010 at 12:07 am

I had plenty to say but Kay, you’ve already perfectly articulated everything about Survivor 21 that I wanted to say!! All except one thing, actually..although I’m from Australia and the fan votes came from Americans, I am nonetheless amazed that ol’ “Granny Jane Clampett” was so popular with US fans..she was all good and happy when things went her way but she reminded me of a nasty, mean, spoilt brat whenever they didn’t..how many times did we see close-ups of that truly evil-looking stare of her’s whenever she didn’t get what she wanted? Man, she could haunt houses with icy stares like that!! But I will, however give her full credit for such stamina and endurance for someone of her years..it was simply her spoilt, bitter, childish and nasty attitude at times that I did not respect..and finally, from a huge Survivor fan from Down Under for many years now, Survivor just wouldn’t be the show that I enjoy so dearly without you hosting it, Jeff..you’re an absolute ace at your job and play a MASSIVE part in the game every episode, as any quality reality TV host should..to you, mate and all other Survivor fans, I wish a very happy and safe Xmas and New Year period..it’ll be 30-plus degrees (celcius) each day for us folk Down Under, so I hope it doesn’t get too cold for you guys north of the equator!!!

15. Matt Forrester Says:
    December 21st, 2010 at 12:14 am

In response to your question about which four jury members voted for Chase, Sarah…according to Wikipedia, Jane, Holly, Brenda and Alina all voted for Chase to win..it’s funny, really..I was a big fan of Jud/Fabio throughout the season and was against the idea of the two quitters (Naonka and Kelly “purple”) being allowed upon the tribal council, but had it not been for their two votes for Fabio, Chase would have won!!

16. Mary Nelson Says:
    December 21st, 2010 at 7:13 am

Jeff, you have done an amazing job and please don’t worry about job security because if you should leave, the whole show will not only lose viewers but the ratings would go way down.
    Also, you get right to the heart of the matter and I respect that. I love the show and would not ever miss it..it takes guts to be able to go on Survivor knowing millions of viewers/critics/voters are watching each players’ every move. My hat goes off to all of them who have made it through it and to all those that have won. Looking forward to the new season. Happy Holidays!

17. Alice Greene Says:
    December 21st, 2010 at 7:48 am

Do not ever allow quitters to be on the jury again. They quit send them home. I wouldn’t even allow them to be part of the reunion show. There are thousands of applicants every season and quitters shouldn’t even get their 15 minutes.

18. mike Says:
    December 21st, 2010 at 9:11 am

what would have happened if chase and fabio would have tied? sash gets the last vote they tie.what happenens then??

19. Glenn Says:
    December 21st, 2010 at 10:37 am

Can we give an award to Shannon? For being the
    biggest douche EVER to appear on Survivor?
    A shot at redemption? He doesn’t know what it is and I was so pleased you saw immediately where he was going with his ‘unfiltered’ comments.
    And by unfiltered I mean by any semblance of a brain.
    You buried him, cut him right off and relegated him to where he belongs… in the shadows.
    Nice job Jeff.

20. Sarah Says:
    December 21st, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Thanks Matt. I knew Brenda, Alina, and Holly but couldn’t decide if in fact Jane did vote for him. And I agree..I wish they hadn’t been on the jury because they quit but I am glad Fabio won, and without them he wouldn’t have!

21. james Says:
    December 23rd, 2010 at 1:09 am

I am really surprise that nyonka voted for fabio since she couldnt stand him, and gave the immunity ideal to chase. I didnt see anyone vote for Sash, so how could there be a tie. Everyone try the living conditions being on the island, I dont hold anything against Nyonka and Purple Kelly. I wish they would cut out some things to make the reunion longer, jeff didnt even talk to tyrone and eyve. now are you ready for this. PRODUCERS ARE YOU READY, FABIO IS A CHEATER. YOU PUT A BLINDFOLD OVER YOUR EYES, YOU CANT SEE, BUT IF YOU DONT PUT THE BLINDFOLD OVER YOUR EYES AND NOSE, YOU CAN SEE. DID YOU NOTICE HOW QUICKLY FABIO WENT THROUGH THE COURSE, HOW EASY IT WAS FOR HIM, AND TO FOOL EVERYONE, HE MISSED TWO PIECES, AND KNEW EXACTLY WHAT TWO PIECED IT WAS. TRY IT AMERICA, I GUESS ITS OUTCHEAT ALSO. AND TRUE FABIO DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON, HE WAS JUST OUT OF THE LOOP, SO THE FINAL THREE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHASE SASH AND HOLLY, BECAUSE FABIO WOULD HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED, AND JANE WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED SUIT. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK AMERICA. COME ON FABIO, DONT TELL ME YOU COULDNT SEE WHAT YOU WERE DOING

Comments