January 05, 2011 09:00 AM by Paula_Kosowski
Today’s issue of The Hollywood Reporter announced more changes Fox has in store for the revamp of American Idol. Read more to find out what they are…
With Idol qualifying as one of the longest-running reality shows on television, it’s no wonder the network is going for a complete overhaul with almost every aspect of the show getting a new twist.
Here’s a list of the eight changes The Hollywood Reporter described:
1. New Set The “Idol” set is being completely redesigned with changes including a new location for the band. If it changes more than 40 percent the show’s set design could be in the running for an Emmy award.
2. Quick Eliminations Eliminations are going to get much faster with severe cuts being made at a certain number of contestants which the producer’s have yet to decide on.
3. Voting Online Viewers will be able to vote for their favorite contestant with just a mouse click with a new online voting page set up.
4. New Housing Contestants will live together in the “Idol” mansion.
5. Original Songs Contestants won’t have to perform just cover songs. They’ll be working with acclaimed producer-songwriters Timbaland, Alex Da Kid, Ron Fair, and Rodney Jenkins who’ll help them select songs and create arrangements for live shows.
6. Theme Week Customization Theme week songs will be custom picked to suit contestant’s voices and singing styles.
7. Potential for Music Videos Producer’s are still debating on whether to integrate music videos into the competition as an important visual component to any singer’s career or just keep the focus music based.
8. Faster Releases of Music Finalists will release music while the show is still airing as opposed to the previous delayed album releases. Fans will be able to hear completed studio works before the show ends, which execs said will help artists launch their music careers more successfully.
It’s clear the network’s going for a total upgrade, trying to keep things interesting. Will the new changes get you watching?
Stay tuned for more updates as the new season premiers Jan. 19th on Fox.
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and â€œlikeâ€ us on Facebook! Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.Â For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.
Photo Credit: American Idol Net
Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality Channel Reality TV Shows |
« The Bachelorette: Jillian Harris Jealous Brad Gets Second Chance | Home | The Biggest Loser: NBC Teams Up With Chef Calvin Harris To Create “Simply Sensible” Healthy Meals »