Exclusive Interview Former Million Dollar Listing Star Chad Rogers

January 18, 2011 09:43 AM by Christine McDow

Million Dollar Listing is back on Bravo next month,  but we were very sad to see that it was not going to include one of its’ star and most opinionated agents, Chad Rogers.  We were able to track Chad down through his blog however and ask him a few questions about his time on the show, what he does in his spare time, what is really important to him and whether or not he would ever consider doing a new reality show.

Reality TV Magazine: What is the real reason you left Million Dollar Listing besides the real estate market starting to pick back up?

Chad Rogers: When I decided to participate on the show four years ago, I had been a real estate agent in the Los Angeles area for eight years. Big or small, negotiating to buy or sell a property can be equally tricky. Ultimately, I decided to put my business on TV as it was important for me to share the “do’s and the don’ts” of real estate with audiences around the world. As my name became internationally recognized, I became very busy in my real estate business and was unable to continue with the show. I wish I could clone myself so I could do everything but there is only one Chad Rogers. It was an incredible experience, which I will never forget.

Reality TV Magazine: Would you consider a show of your own if offered, and has it been offered by Bravo or another network?

Chad Rogers: One thing I’ve learned in life is to never say “never.” It’s all about riding the wave and going with the current. I would definitely do another show if I felt the format was an ideal fit and the time was right.

Reality TV Magazine: Obviously you are still doing real estate, but what do you like to do in your spare time?

Chad Rogers: Spare time is not something that I come across often. On the rare occasions that I am able to relax I like to hang out with my longhaired Chihuahua, Starla. Both of us enjoy watching TV on the couch, going on daily walks, and connecting with our fans via Twitter. I also have a New Years resolution to start going to the gym four days a week – unfortunately Starla can’t workout with me. ;)

Reality TV Magazine: What do you do for fun when not working?

Chad Rogers: My friend Lauren Demestre is a celebrity stylist and has given me a new perspective on being fashionable, I have a lot of fun shopping for new looks with her. She has been teaching me about the color wheel and it’s very interesting. I usually meet her or my other friends once or twice a week at my favorite spot- Urth Café. It’s important for me to see my friends as much as I can; they are all very supportive but won’t hesitate to bring me back down to earth when they feel the need!

Reality TV Magazine: Besides real estate, what are you passionate about?

chad-rogers-million-dollar-listing-revlon-run-walk-lung-cancer

Chad Rogers: I uphold the motto that one is not truly successful unless he/she gives back to humanity. There are some amazing organizations that I am passionate about supporting on an annual basis. My grandmother Edie died of lung cancer when I was a kid, so I participate in the Revlon Run/Walk every year (which supports women’s cancer research) in memory of her. I volunteer at the Los Angeles Mission because it’s so important for me to do my part in making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate. Starla and I are also very passionate about making this world a better place for our four legged friends. We have a great time supporting the Celebrity Catwalk as the proceeds go to an amazing cause – The National Animal Rescue.

Reality TV Magazine: How did you become so successful at such a young age?

Chad Rogers: Ever since I was a kid I knew that I always wanted to be successful. I read many books about the world’s top businessmen. At age 13, my idol was Donald Trump! The most important element he taught me was to never give up in life. Because of Trump, I have always recovered when life has knocked me down, taking those failures as learning lessons.

I met Mr. Trump last year when I was in Las Vegas lecturing at the NATPE convention. I shook his hand and told him that he was my idol in business. In his “Donald Trump” way, he replied: “Keep up the good work kid” and then walked away. That moment charged me for the next 50 years. I will meet Trump again!

Thank you Chad for answering our questions.  We will miss you next month but wish you a ton of luck in all your future business endeavors.  Hopefully we will get to see you on television again one day!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Million Dollar Listing News, please also check out SirLinksALot: Million Dollar Listing and come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, Million Dollar Listing |

48 Responses to “Exclusive Interview Former Million Dollar Listing Star Chad Rogers”

1. JillJ. Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 9:10 am

Did Chad mention his girlfriend? I am just curious if he is still with her. He mentions Starla all the time, and Starla was his girlfriend’s dog, so maybe they are still together?

2. Christine McDow Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 9:43 am

Chad did not mention his girlfriend. He has decided to maintain some privacy in his personal relationships. :)

3. Emi Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 4:38 pm

@JillJ I think he mentioned on Facebook that they broke up last April.

4. Marcy Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Chad and his girlfriend broke up a while ago.

5. susan Says:
    January 30th, 2011 at 6:32 pm

We will miss watching him. I admire his work ethic for such a young man. He also impressed me how he took up for himself against the other guys. Good luck to him.

6. Nancy Zazueta Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 3:04 am

He is a REMARKABLE person!! WOW!

7. DreamyK Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 11:18 pm

You were the best part of the show, Chad. Hope you find a way back into my living room and good luck, sir.

8. chad Says:
    February 3rd, 2011 at 8:43 am

Chad Rogers is an absolute tool. I am glad he is gone other than the fact he is fun to make fun of. The other guys are way better.

9. Margot Says:
    February 3rd, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I agree. A complete TOOL. Who cares if your rich when you act like that. I will totally miss busting on him.

10. Mary Colletti Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 9:34 am

Is he going to changer his hair now that Justin Bieber is sporting the same do?

11. dan Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 1:07 pm

You hit the nailmon the head with * Tool. lol The thing is all he did was say his own name over n over like we were buying the hype..But he never sold anything.. Josh was busting out deals every epsd…Chad sucked at everything and he was a loust boyfriend to a very generous n sweet girl…

12. iannilin Says:
    February 7th, 2011 at 1:16 pm

My husband and I will really miss Chad Rogers. Chad was passionate about his job and had the compassion needed to sell real estate. He fought for his clients and always put them first. Making fun of him because he loved his dog is not only mean, but insensitive. Bring back Chad Rogers no matter what it takes….

13. carla Says:
    February 9th, 2011 at 10:54 am

I miss Chad – 2 Josh’s? not cool!

14. Dawn Says:
    February 11th, 2011 at 6:33 am

Chad was an inspiration to me on the show. I have been a realtor for 7 years and I can honestly say Chad is a true motivator. The way he conducts himself with a client is so intrigueing. He listens to his clients whole-heartedly and he thinks about something before he says it. We all should conduct ourselves in that manner. You are truly missed and I hope to see you again someday!

15. tiffany Says:
    February 11th, 2011 at 2:21 pm

wow chad is amazing he will go far in life im so impressed. please chad pitch a show to brvo. stay blessed.

16. BP Says:
    February 15th, 2011 at 8:54 pm

He is probably one of the most narcissistic people on earth. Shocked he has “fans”. Show was worth watching because he was easy to make fun of…now all we have is Josh Flagg…

17. Jason Davis Says:
    February 16th, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I miss Chad and seeing him and his ex-boyfriend Josh Flagg argue and bicker on camera. It was so disturbingly hilarious to watch Chad try and play it straight on TV and pretend he had a girlfriend when he’s went down on almost every gay guy in town. LOL!

18. Renee Says:
    February 17th, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I liked Chad, he seem to be a good person,I do hope he does something with his hair,he could be very good looking

19. Mike Says:
    February 18th, 2011 at 7:51 am

Chad carries that dog around like a little b*tch. He acts like Paris Hilton and all the other women with that dog and the hairdo makes him look like a Justin Bieber wannabe. Why don’t the dude grow up and be a man if that is what he wants to be or just come out and say he is gay,not that there is anything wrong with that.

20. Christine McDow Says:
    February 18th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I think Chad had that hair style back when Bieber was in diapers. Maybe Bieber is a Chad Rogers wannabe! Looks better on Chad anyway. :)

21. Wraith Says:
    February 19th, 2011 at 2:52 pm

In my opinion, which I am still entitled to hold AND express despite Ms. Heller’s (Chad’s attorney) apparent antipathy for the Constitution, Chad is a narcissistic twit who lacks the vision to see beyond his effeminate locks. Given Bravo’s predilection for freaks and kooks, it was hardly surprising that this network would have added Chad to its menagerie of self-aggrandising weirdos. Even so, there must be limits to the producers’ appetite for bizarre abnormality. Perhaps Chad, with his assorted quirks and peculiarities, finally pierced those limits. Frankly, that seems a more likely explanation for his unceremonious departure from the show than the notion that Chad was suddenly struck by an irresistible impulse to cultivate anonymity.

22. Bobbie Hamilton Says:
    February 19th, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I sooo miss Chad. I do like Josh A. Can’t they can Josh Flagg and bring back Chad? what a wasre! The show will never be the same!

23. mary wade Says:
    February 20th, 2011 at 10:18 am

I don’t watch Million Dollar Listing now that CHAD is gone. It is boring to the bone. Bring CHAD back and you’ll bring me back. He may have
    had his faults but was still better than the other two put together.

24. carol Says:
    February 22nd, 2011 at 10:02 am

Qual a raça da cadelinha de CHAD ?

25. Blue Chicago Says:
    February 23rd, 2011 at 8:06 am

I hope he writes a book!

26. Teri Says:
    February 25th, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I love the show this season even though I was disappointed to not see the narcissistic Chad as a part of it. Josh Altman is charasmatic and he works well with the other two. Also, I love Josh Flagg who I find very funny – sardonic wit for sure.

27. Allie Says:
    February 26th, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I don’t like the new Josh…what a self absorbed goof!

28. Frannie2luv Says:
    February 26th, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I miss Chad on the show. I admire his work ethic. He is the ultimate professional and I think it’s good he left the show. Most of the show is “staged” and scripted anyway. Chad is a real businessman. At least he got all that exposure! Wish him the best.

29. Lauren Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I have watched all the episodes and like Josh (the “old” Josh) best. I like his sense of humour. The new Josh is too smooth and calculating for me. I like Madison because he is so friendly. Chad was most interesting to watch. I am sad he moved on. I always thought that if I had to sell or buy a property in the area that I would hire Chad. He seemed to work the hardest and fight the most for his clients.

30. Sarah Says:
    March 1st, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I miss you, Chad! I was looking forward to the new season just to see what you’ve been up to. You remind me of my high school boyfriend.–and yes he was a pompous, successful brat too. I love it! Come back!

31. SSA Freestylers Says:
    March 18th, 2011 at 3:31 am

We miss Chad, that new Josh guy is a bit to cheesy for our liking

32. lucresialinton Says:
    March 24th, 2011 at 7:12 pm

@Jason Davis
    Darling, you are too funny!
    I will miss Chad, but I love me some Josh! He is hella funny!

33. chadder Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 12:25 pm

The funniest thing said on the show was when Madison referred to Chad as Chadbot. Nail on head.

34. Lee Says:
    June 5th, 2012 at 10:16 am

Are you effing kidding me? How many of you yahoos are going to debate whether this kid is gay or not? I pity the dog. I so pity the dog.

35. kathy Says:
    June 5th, 2012 at 12:38 pm

i could never stand chad but he was far better than josh a. i think the original josh is adorable and madison too!! chad carting that poor dog around all day is pathetic. poor dog. he is so obviously gay – his fake girlfriend fooled nobody. he should just admit it. nobody cares. but pretending to be straight just isn’t working!

36. Truth Says:
    June 17th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

He’s like a robot. Even Josh Fag is a little less uptight.

37. Cynthia Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Chad was great he was my favorite, that’s the reason I even watch that show and the girlfriend she was really cute but she seems very boring to boring for chad

38. Chris Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Chad is gayer than every other openly gay guy on that show combined. Him trying to cover it up is sad.

39. Lucky Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Thank heaven that pretentious asswipe Chad is off. He turned my stomach totally with that obnoxious hair…over all his hidden zits. Ugh! I would NEVER buy anything from him in real estate. I can’t imagine who would?

40. peter z Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I am sad to see chad leave the show, not surprised his tv girlfriend left him, as he was propably more in love with that dog of his than her.. he is a great realtor will give him that.

41. Kay Says:
    July 19th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Just saw some re runs of old shows with Chad. I can’t take three guys that act like girls. I’m glad Josh A. is on the show, he brings testosterone, which this show needed badly.

42. LJ Says:
    July 22nd, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I love the show no matter who’s on it. It’s far better than the NYC version (and I live in NYC). I am watching the old re-runs again and my gaydar goes off every time Chad is on screen. The fake relationship was really annoying, totally unbelievable!

43. Narcisa Says:
    July 22nd, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Mr. Chad Rogers is so L.A. For those that don’t know what that is: L.A. = self-absorbed, obnoxious, false sense of reality, fashionista to a fault, false sense of superiority, unflatteringly fake, hideously trendy, pseudo intelligence, perpetually tan, at least two cosmetic procedures done to their bodies, forced physical fitness. In short, NARCISSISTIC.

44. Gabriel Lorenzo Says:
    August 7th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

The guy is simply repelling, to say the least. He is gayer than a 3-dollar bill and is a drag queen short of a gay carnival cruise!

45. KC Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 11:01 am

Put a Chad wig on Josh A. and boom you got Ringo Star with that nose…Will Chad self terminate once he goes bald? Oh well!

46. Chadthejoke Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Chad… wow, what a way to go he has in the emotional and mental development department. He loves a dog more than the woman who took his crap… he thinks it is cool that he spent $600 on a haircut that I can give for free!! Put a bowl on his head and start cutting… get a new look Chad… that is crap!!! You act like you are stuck in your teens… I was shocked to find out this MAN is in his 30′s!! LMAO!!!!
    If you call having money to flaunt being successful… then so be it.. but from the looks of things all it takes is to be a self absorbed douche bag in Beverly Hills Real Estate… I’ll pass!!

47. lb Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I just wonder who is he related to to get a position in Hilton/Hyland? Would you hire him to represent your company?I mean… you have Chad and you have the hubby on Housewifes of Beverly Hills, who also works there.Who would you rather find a home for you.. or sell. No, no, no.. he must be related to someone.

48. Narcisa Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Chad was so freaking gay on that show. Why try to hide behind a phony relationship with a young girl? The bit where he took her dog from her was disturbing on many levels. Glad they booted his gay ass off the show for good.

Comments