January 22, 2011 04:00 PM by Shayla Perry

the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-nene-leakes-reveals-things-we-didnt-see-on-rhatl

Last week’s fight between NeNe Leakes and Kim Zolciak on The Real Housewives of Atlanta was a big one, but according to NeNe, there was a lot happening behind the scenes that we didn’t get to see. In an interview with TVGuide.com, the Hotlanta Housewife tells us what really happened in her “Keepin’ It Real With NeNe” interview with Jermaine Dupri and why she’s still not sure about whether or not she’ll be returning for the fourth season of the hit Bravo reality show.

It’s the question everyone wants to know: Why on earth would NeNe Leakes get on a bus with Kim Zolciak in the first place?! Well, NeNe says that she had her doubts from the start…

“It was a very, very bad time. I was not healthy at the time, and Gregg and I were in a real bad place in our marriage,” NeNe Leakes told TVGuide.com in an interview. “I really shouldn’t have been on the bus. Everyone that I worked with knew that I shouldn’t have been on the bus — so, they probably wanted me to be on the bus for those reasons.”

NeNe Leakes also reveals that there was a lot in her “Keepin’ It Real With NeNe” interview with Jermaine Dupri that viewers– and Kim Zolciak– missed.

“I asked him about Kim and Kandi. You guys didn’t see all of it, but he had very good comments to say about ‘Tardy for the Party’ — and he had bad things to say about Kandi,” says Leakes. “It’s funny how they decided to play Kim, because they knew Kim would take offense. That’s how she is, whether it’s negative or not you can never bring her name up. Had they played what he said about Kandi, she probably would have said, ‘Alright, whatever,’ and let it go.”

And Kim Zolciak isn’t the only one NeNe Leakes is upset with. The Housewife claims that throughout the season, the network wasn’t very supportive of her.

“The whole time I was shooting this show, not one person — and I mean from the top of Bravo to the damn bottom — not one person said, ‘Let me sit down and just talk to you. How are [you] doing? How are you really handling this situation? How is it that you’re able to get up and go to work and send Brent off to school every day and really be able to shoot and do all of these things and take criticism?’ I would really have appreciated that.”

As of now, Leakes still isn’t sure about whether or not she’ll be returning to the show for another season. “Right now, I’m just not interested in doing a fourth season,” says NeNe. “I don’t know if I would change my mind later. With everything going on in my life, I can’t work with a bunch of women who are non-supportive. I can’t work with a bunch of women who don’t support one another, I just can’t work like that anymore. For my own sanity.”

For other great The Real Housewives of Atlanta news, please feel free to check out SirLinksAlot: The Real Housewives of Atlanta and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards. For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Atlanta |

10 Responses to “The Real Housewives of Atlanta: NeNe Leakes Reveals Things We DIDN’T See on RHATL”

1. Don Says:
    January 23rd, 2011 at 8:24 am

NeNe is nothing but fat, amazon trash. If I saw her on the streets I’d make sure that this COW got a few choice words. Nothing but “N” trash and never ever use that word.
    Her and Kim are both White and Black trash. Good TV. But who wins in the end? All the rest are trash with clothes with the exception on Kandi. Her spirit and smile can sit next to me anytime.

TEXAS MAN

2. Adel Says:
    January 23rd, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I thought this was a TV show. If you have family and friends, unrelated to the franchise, it would seem more appropriate to seek out/expect support from those individuals – not cast members, where some -repeatedly – claim they “don’t know” each other very well. Woman, your 15 minutes have almost expired. Hence, it is up to you to make the best of it! So go find some couth, discover yourself – and until you do, sit down and shut up!!!

3. YaLeGraduate Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 3:23 pm

NeNe is GOOD tv.Don’t be a hater!

4. christy b Says:
    February 2nd, 2011 at 10:30 am

NeNe is nothing but a foul mouth, gangster , fat ass moose. She is an embaressment to the female sex. NeNe…you say you might not want to return next season? GOOD!!!! Stay home and eat.

5. mitzi Says:
    February 2nd, 2011 at 1:38 pm

i agree nene is nothing but a fat ass bullie, and i would be so happy if she did not come back i think the show would be better w/ out her. ever one else seem to get a long. BULLIE STAY THE HELL HOME. BRAVO DOESN’T NEED YOU.

6. mkb Says:
    February 3rd, 2011 at 8:16 pm

NeNe I think you should come back. Don’t let anybody run you away from your money! You are great for the show. You keep it 100!

7. Aron Says:
    February 9th, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Nene needs the money, this show is her claim to fame. What else has she. She bad mouths everyone, I mean everyone,except Cynthia on the show. Calling Kandi Ghetto, saying in response to Sheree;s People are intimidated by my success, by saying what success, get a GED or something, calling Phaedra Fakedra, and then expecting people to support her. She has no relationship or respect for Gregs other children and is all about Nene. She wants people to beg her to come back. Just like Kim said , let the MOOSE go.

8. Wayne Says:
    February 21st, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Nene is very jealous and angry at Kim because she was dropped from the DON’T BE TARDY FOR THE PARDY CD, she is a backstabber and she want to be incontrol of everything and she don’t even have her life in control she takes offence of everything too.She want to be seen and heard at the same time. If she leaaves the show will be better off without her on it as Kim said LET THE MOOSE GO, LET THE MOOSE GO, LET THE MOOSE GO.

9. go nene Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 12:07 pm

i love nene. all you haters are just afraid of the truth. nene is honest and blunt. if she is not on the show . i will not watch. kim just met a man and she is already pregnant, introduce him to her young girls. that’s not good mothering

10. chrissy roberts Says:
    April 30th, 2012 at 4:46 am

I love NeNe. She is as real as it gets. She is a smart busness woman and expanding on her 15 minutes of fame. I think she is hilarious, but she has gotten a little cocky since the past episodes. For anyone calling her a “moose” is just plain unexceptable. Beautiful women come in all sizes and shapes. She dresses well and can pull off any outfit. Don’t hate…appreciate.

Comments