January 24, 2011 11:00 AM by Paula_Kosowski
Former Dancing with the Stars contestant Aaron Carter checked himself into rehab earlier this month for addiction issues, according to E! Online. Keep reading to see why the ABC star decided to get some help…
According to E! Online, 23-year-old former teen pop idol and “Dancing with the Stars” contestant Aaron Carter went to rehab on his own decision.
A source told E! Carter decided to go to rehab to “finally get some help.” “He was struggling recently and needed this,” the source said.
Jonny Wright, the singer’s manager confirms the source’s statement, according to E!.
Wright says Carter came to him several months ago to help reboot his music career and decided to take some time off training for a new album and live show to work out personal problems.
“Aaron, understanding the challenges and hard work it would take to get himself back to the top, requested to take some time before we started to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with,” Wright told E!. “Therefore he has chosen to enter a facility where he feels he will get the guidance and cleansing he needsÂ that will help him on the music journey he’s about to take.”
Wright says Carter asks everyone respects his privacy during this time and keeps him in their prayers.
According to E!, Carter remains positive about the experience, enjoying some time with visiting brother Nick Carter.
He posted this message on his twitter account after the visit: “Life Has Its up’s & Downs, You Can Only Live & Learn. Never Lose Faith!! & Always Believe In Yourself! As I Am learning To Do Every day.”
Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Dancing With the Stars |
« The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Kyle Richards Apologizes For Fight With Sister Kim | Home | American Idol: Steven Tyler Compares Show To His Early Aerosmith Days »