American Idol: Steven Tyler’s Daughter Says He Is “Saving The Show”

January 27, 2011 03:30 PM by Lisa Princ

american-idol-steven-tylers-daughter-says-he-is-saving-show

American Idol on FOX‘s most talked about judge this season, Steven Tyler seems to be a big hit with the show’s fans. While he may have many fans, there are none bigger than his daughters, one of which who explains how her dad is “saving the show”. Keep reading for more details on what Steven’s daughters had to say!

One of American Idol‘s new judges, Steven Tyler is making a lot buzz around the web – even his daughters are talking about him! In a recent interview with Life and Style magazine, his daughter Mia tells them that her dad is “saving the show”. Mia goes on to explain to Life and Style magazine “We’re a very sarcastic family. He’s the funniest man I know. He’s saving the show because it was kind of boring before. There’s only so many times you can watch Simon be mean to people.” Mia, who says her dad is just a regular dad at home, also gushes that she loves watching him up there and he loves being up there – not that that comes as a surprise to the viewers!

But Mia is not the only daughter who is a huge fan of dad Steven Tyler. Liv Tyler is also loving her dad’s new gig as she recently told the press of the American Idol season premiere “I was so excited. I’ve never really watched ‘American Idol’ – I had seen it once or twice. I just watched with my girlfriends at home the other night and I had goose bumps for an hour-and-a-half and laughed and loved it!” But her dad isn’t the only one Liv is loving as she continues by saying “I thought it was really special. I think they hit something amazing with the combination of judges that they’ve got.” What are your thoughts on Steven Tyler and the new judging panel? Comment and share with us, we’d love to hear from you!

Be sure to tune in tonight at 8 pm EST for more auditions on American Idol on FOX!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, Steven Tyler |

16 Responses to “American Idol: Steven Tyler’s Daughter Says He Is “Saving The Show””

1. charlene Says:
    January 27th, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Steven is awsome!!!!!i have only seen idol maybe 7 times, but when i heard Steven was on this year, i have watched. he is Great!! he brings life to the show! he is soooo.. funny that i can’t wait to see what’s next! Jlo is good as well.
    and Randy is the best he’s ever been. all around, this is the best cast of judge’s. looking forward to this season!!!!!!

2. julia Says:
    January 27th, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I have watched Aerosmith and Steven Tyler before but this is the first time i really got to know him interact iwth others. I am so impressed that he is such a man with good heart and have lots of humors. He is very emotional and sensitive person beside being a GREAT SUPERSTAR. I Love him now, eventhough his look scared me before…now suddenly i like his look…see…nothing can bid with the beauty of inside !!

3. John L Says:
    January 27th, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I am 60 yoa and have listened to Aerosmith for many years. I liked some of the music but didn’t know too much about Steven Tyler. I just figured he was just another rocker.
    I have watched Idol since the beginning and love the show. I have been pleasantly surprised what a cool and classy judge that Mr. Tyler has been so far. I hope he continues to be genuine, classy and caring. Great pick for a new judge. I never thought that I would say this.
    I am impressed with him as well as “JLO”

4. Dorothy Says:
    January 27th, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I was not to excited he was going to be a judge and he turned me around and by the end of the first show I was in love! I am so glad I got to see this side of him. He’s got me as a fan! I think this combo of judges for Idol is the best ever.

5. nic Says:
    January 28th, 2011 at 8:08 am

I totally agree I loved him from Aerosmith as well and could not wait to see him on Idol (which i was not previously a fan of). I am totally impressed by how human he is. I am now an even greater admirer of this sweet and incredibly talented man!!!

6. Beverly Williams Says:
    January 28th, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I had started watching American Idol since season one. Last year was the first time I felt that the show was heading downhill…I just became bored with it so I stopped watching it. Adding Steven Tyler to the show was genius! Not only does he add that flare that was missing in the show but I like his style. What I mean is, he IS who he IS! What you see is what you get!There’s nothing phony about him. Even though a contestant may sound lousy, Steven has this way of showing these facial expressions of disapproval then verbally letting that person down easy without destroying or hurting them. That’s what I love about Steven Tyler! Keep doin what you’re doing Baby! I believe
    you saved the show!

7. elizabeth Says:
    January 28th, 2011 at 3:00 pm

steven tyler is sooo funny. he is such a sweetheart. he does make a big difference to the show. i just love him he is awsome.i wish i could meet him.

8. millie Says:
    January 28th, 2011 at 5:52 pm

steven is the best too cute, great voice

9. Dancerina Says:
    January 28th, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I have never really watched Steven Tyler before or even heard his music, but I am impressed with his personality. He is really a good Judge, complimentary and has compassion. He has a gift in putting the singers at ease. I hope he will continue to be a Judge for a long time and he looks really good to be 62 years old.

10. Linda G Speakes Says:
    January 28th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I loved AI when it started out and watched for several years and then became more than bored with it as I did with Simon and the other judges. But this year I love the judges, including Randy, Jennifer and Steven Tyler. Great move on the part of the show to put these three together. Looks like it is going to turn out to be the best year yet.

11. Marcus Broom Says:
    January 28th, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Steven is the best thing to happen to American Idol,along with J.Lo & Randy. Steven shows lots of humanness to his many fans and the public,like he did at Mimi’s Cafe, while having (trying to have) lunch.
    Good Luck – U – R GREAT….

12. Mel Says:
    January 29th, 2011 at 10:24 am

I WAS SHOCK!! STEVEN TYLER!!As judge,WHY?! But after watching the 1st few episodes, I’m an AI watcher again because of Steven Tyler and his witty “Tyler Phrases”. I’M SO SURPRISE! He’s so CHARMING,FUNNY and such a down-to-earth caring person as well!! I love hearing Tyler burst out singing when his happy or when a talent is inspiring him during the auditions. There’s great chemistry between him, JLO and Randy! ALL these makes for a good show!!

13. Lisa Princ Says:
    January 29th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Glad to hear everyone else is enjoying Steven Tyler as I am. I have to admit I was skeptical at first as well, but I am truly enjoying him, I think he is a breathe of fresh air to AI.

14. Shayla Perry Says:
    January 29th, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I have to say, I haven’t watched AI for YEARS, and I made sure that I saw the season premiere this year. I LOVE Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez. If only they would’ve been brought on board earlier!

15. Jerry Begley Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 8:34 am

Honestly without a doubt Steven Tyler is the best Ameican idol Judge ever!I never knew he was so funny!There is gonna be Steven Tylerism’s after this show.The words or so called words that come out of his mouth are just Awesome!

16. Dyan Billal Says:
    February 5th, 2011 at 1:30 am

I have been an American Idol fan since the start. The show definitely needed a change….and this year’s judges are PERFECT for the change….Jennifer is a beautiful diva….Randy a familiar voice….and Steven….wow…it has been such a pleasure to see what he is like. Honestly was surprised. He is a gentle soul…with a big heart and I love it! Their personalities and interactions with each other and the contestants give the show a fresh start.

Comments