American Idol: Aerosmith Sales Up Since Steven Tyler Joined The Show

January 31, 2011 12:00 PM by Lisa Princ

Love him or hate him, Steven Tyler has really taken off as one of the new judges on American Idol on FOX, coming onto our screens and adding a much needed breathe of fresh air to the show. Even more exciting for Steven besides his new gig is that his presence on the hit series is having a positive effect on Aerosmith sales. Keep reading for more details!

American Idol on FOX is apparently having more of a positive effect on Steven Tyler than we thought as it being reported by FOX411 that Aerosmith sales are up since the season ten premiere. According to the site, sales of older Aerosmith songs are soaring as Aerosmith’s 1998 power ballad, “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” is currently #22 on Apple’s iTunes chart, and not one but two versions of Aerosmith’s 1973 hit “Dream On” are charting, at #77 and #115, respectively. Richard Rushfield, author of “American Idol: The Untold Story” tells FOX411 exclusively that “Steven Tyler is such a character on the show, and that’s sure to boost interest in his work .Just like we’ve seen in the past, when people appear on ‘Idol,’ it gives their sales a bit of a jump.”

Now, despite Steven Tyler saying the rumors are not true, it was going around the web that his band mates were not happy about him joining American Idol and if that is true, I bet they are happy now. Steven Tyler is really making a name for himself on the show if he hadn’t already and Richard Rushfield also said “So far, Steven Tyler has been a pretty striking presence on Idol. He’s a wild character, and he’s pretty much pushed Simon Cowell out of people’s minds in just two weeks.” I think most of us would agree with that statement. What do you think of Steven Tyler? Comment and share your thoughts with us!

Be sure to tune in next Wednesday at 8 pm EST for more auditions in Texas on American Idol on FOX!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

10 Responses to “American Idol: Aerosmith Sales Up Since Steven Tyler Joined The Show”

1. josie Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 4:17 am

i love love love steven tyler,i know nothing about him until he became one of idol judges.i like his comments and his personality,i think he is a good person.from now on i will be his fan.

2. Kim Powell Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 4:27 am

I just LOVE Steven Tyler on the show. I’ve been watching AI for 10 years and already don’t miss Simon at all! The AI people knew what they were doing when they hired Steven. Brilliant! He’s hilarious, he comes across as genuine and not precocious at all. I’m going to buy more Aerosmith just because I forgot how good they were and how I’ve missed hearing them on the radio.

3. KK Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 4:46 am

we love him in this house…my entire family of three generations…my 11 yr olds are downloading his songs to their nanas and my 22 yr old is a new fan as well

me…always

thank you steven !

4. LoveTyler Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 5:12 am

He is awesome – always has been. Glad more people are noticing.

5. MaryC Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 7:39 am

I’ve never herd of Steven Tyler before. I did know the name of Aerosmith but that is all I knew… until Idol. I am just discovering him now… all these treasures…Steven Tyler and all the Aerosmith songs. ..I am almost 30 years old.. So… I would say yes..it’s a great thing Steven is on idol. And i agree, he can be very funny…and smart…and he is just great!

6. S. Sexton Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I’ve never really listened to Aerosmith very much and was unsure about tuning in to American Idol this year without my fave, Simon. Since I’ve been watching Steven Tyler, I can’t wait until the next American Idol. He is funny and charismatic. I have been searching for his Aerosmith songs also and will probably be buying some older songs. I have been watching his performances on You Tube also. I absolutely love him. He is just mesmerizing.

7. Lewwis B Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Steven Tyler IS JUST FINE!

8. Becca S. Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Steven Tyler is freaking AMAZING! I loved when Simon was on the show but seriously, I haven’t even thought about him since Steven became a judge. He brings an edginess to the show that was well needed! He is super musically talented and I respect his opinion. I now watch the show because of him. I’ve been a Steven Tyler/Aerosmith fan since I was in grade school (I’m 35 now). He rocks and always will….best decision that AI has made-

9. Joan Bryan Says:
    February 2nd, 2011 at 3:12 am

I enjoy seeing Steven Tyler on the show because he comes across as being genuine having done it all and having it all.

10. DONNA Says:
    February 2nd, 2011 at 1:53 pm

LOVE LOVE THE JUDGES THIS SEASON ON AMERICAN IDOL THIS TO ME IS SO FAR THE BEST SEASON,GOOD OLD DOG(RANDY)JENNIFER AWSOME AWSOME –STEVEN TYLER—SO FAR OUT – MAINE LOVES YOU STEVEN

Comments