The Real Housewives of Atlanta: Phaedra Parks Says NeNe Leakes is a Bully

January 31, 2011 10:00 AM by Shayla Perry

Bravo may have edited The Real Housewives of Atlanta’s trip to Miami from a “four day excursion into a 45 minute fiasco,” but according to Phaedra Parks, what we saw hardly illustrated just how “tense and uncomfortable” the ladies’ girlfriends’ getaway really was. Keep reading to find out Phaedra’s thoughts on NeNe Leakes and Kim Zolciak’s fight; why she says Kim isn’t a racist, and why she thinks NeNe Leakes is a bully.

“While everyone will have their opinion, as they are rightfully entitled to; personally, I do not think Kim [Zolciak] is a racist, nor do I think Sweetie is a modern day slave,” Phaedra Parks writes in her blog. “However, I do believe that NeNe [Leakes] is a bully and couldn’t care less about Sweetie’s well being.”

How does she know? Apparently, another thing we didn’t get to see during that 45 minute Miami episode was Phaedra Parks taking the time to talk to both Kim Zolciak and Sweetie about the situation.

“I had the opportunity to have several long conversations with Sweetie and Kim in Miami, and during those chats I realized that Kim and Sweetie have a sibling like relationship that spans well over a decade,” says Parks. “My heart went out to Sweetie because as a woman of color, I know comments that evoke historical hatred can make you doubt what you know in your heart is true.”

What do you think….

Is Phaedra Parks right? Does NeNe Leakes really care about how Kim Zolciak treats her assistant, Sweetie, or was NeNe just being a bully?

For other great The Real Housewives of Atlanta news, please feel free to check out SirLinksAlot: The Real Housewives of Atlanta and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards. For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Atlanta |

47 Responses to “The Real Housewives of Atlanta: Phaedra Parks Says NeNe Leakes is a Bully”

1. SolidSouljah Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 11:40 am

Though Phaedrea is a liar, clearly NeNe is a overbearing bully. NeNe is both mentally and emotionally unstable. She ISNT concerned about Sweetie. However, I think Sweetie has issues as well that she has established such a friendship with Kim or anyone else for that matter that permits utter disrespect. Though Kim speaks to Sweetie in what any self-respecting person would consider offensive. Sweetie doesnt recipricate. Why is that? Would Kim find it unacceptable?

2. HELEN Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 11:47 am

Nene needs to go away. That’s probably why Frank lives in the basement, she has a big mouth and spews trash. Kim needs to find out who her real friends are and give Nene the boot.

3. HELEN Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 11:50 am

oops, I mean Gregg…

4. Judy Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 12:00 pm

NeNe is a very LARGE controlling BULLY.

5. Viv Elena Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I dont think Nene really cares about how Kim treats Sweetie. However, before Nene even said anything, I was thinking myself that the way Kim yells for her and says her name gives it a feeling of somewhat “nostalgic”. And I was glad to know I wasnt alone in my thoughts when Nene said what she said! I also think Phaedra liked all the drama – and now she’s trying to make it like she is a mediator, but I’m not buying all that!

6. Freda Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I agree with Phaedra Ne Ne is a Bully .If it is not about her she will find away to make it about her. She is too old to be acting the way she does. She really does not represent African American women well.

7. Candace McGee Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 12:52 pm

NeNe is a Bully and thinks everything should be about her!! NeNe you are NOT all that!!

8. Houston Tx Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I 100% AGREE Nene is a fukn BULLY and if it was me Kim gurl Nene face would have been on the floor along long long time ago..

9. Angela Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I agree with Phaedra. Anyone with common sense can see that Kim is not racist and that she is good friends with Sweetie. Therefore, she talks to Sweetie certain ways.

No, I don’t think NeNe really cared about Sweetie’s well-being. If Sweetie was white, NeNe would not like how Kim “talked” to Sweetie…that’s how NeNe is. Everything anyone else does is not right, but everything she does is okay because “she’s entitled to her own opinion and can do whatever she wants.” I’d like for someone to smack her…

10. The truth be told Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Nene, is very much so a bully, ranting mule! She is so jealous and troubled spirited. She does not represent African American well. I know A LOT of AA women from all walks of life but this Nene has a troubled soul and only God can heal her.

11. Tammie Harris Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I never thought Nene was concerned about how Sweetie is being treated by Kim. I thought of it as… Nene wasn’t going to allow Kim to speak to her the same way she speaks to Sweetie. Is Nene a bully? Sort of… but Nene would not have any ammunition if Kim would not set herself up for the ridiculed. I mean… Hello? Kim thinks she is this big-time recording contract and that she really has some talent. The ONLY talent she has outside of the bedroom is Kandi! And the fact that Drag Queens love Kim doesn’t count either… they love her because she looks like one of them

12. Yolanda Kenley Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I believe that Kim is truly a racist! Of course,Sweetie won’t admit it! Out of shame and embarrasement. What is Kim’s role, other than to PIMP the blacks in the show? I don’t believe for one second all these record deals are being made and they’re only verbal agreementsin nature. How stupid do you really think we are?

13. Yolanda Kenley Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 3:27 pm

NeNe is a BULLY! She’s the most miserable house-wives of them all. Cynthia acts a little didzy to me, why can’t she see that NeNe would love Peter,but Peter don’t want NeNe.

14. kimmy Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I don’t know if Kim is a racist or not but I feel that she speaks disrespectly to Sweetie as well as others sometimes.Kim has a slick mouth on her she says things that are inappropriate to people.As for NeNe,I may be one of the few people that get NeNe.I like her,she speaks her mind and people don’t usually like that.After the episode in Miami I swor off the housewives.I don’t like the way they portray NeNe.Why did’nt anyone come to NeNe’s defense?Just before the blow up they were all sitting there talking about how Kim treats Sweetie.When NeNe confronted Kim everyone got quite.Shame on you all,you left NeNe out to dry!Screw Phedra,she is an idiot!

15. vsop64 Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I love the show. I love the women. On the housewives of Beverly Hills, do they call Kyle a “Bully” for treating Camille this way? They probably do. Just a thought? NeNe is in your face, and very dominate women. People call that a Bitch,I call it, say what you need to say, that only others think to say. Just be mindful that when it comes back to you, there is not too much you can say. I do admit that she (NeNe) has scaled down from when the show originally aired. Kim is just a white girl who feels more comfortable with black girls, no biggie, and if the relationship between them(kim & sweetie) has been that long ,then I believe that Kim should have more respect for Sweetie. The show does give the “impression” that Sweetie just goes with the flow and does not stand up for herself, whatever the case may be. I would love to see Sweetie with a makeover, I’m just saying. I can understand NeNe’s concern because I thought the same thing, that Kim shows no respect to Sweetie and like what Phaedara says, it really comes down to a “race” thing. Love the Show, Love the Women. Candie, Love you. Cynthia, marry the Man.. xoxoxo

16. Tammie Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I agree with Phaedra regarding NeNe being a bully. Between last season right up til last night’s episode two things comes to mind about NeNe, “Ignorant” and “Phony”. She doesn’t care about anyone and I think she’s very insecure about her looks. “She looks like a drag-queen and she is the epitome of Boughetto! I don’t care for Phaedra that much either but she was right on point about that big-nosed, Big Bird heffa!

17. suzanne s Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 4:33 pm

the whole thing is ridiculous an Nene should be off this show as she makes all the others look strange with her low class ghetto acting !!!! She is a loud mouth big butt low class person and it just makes people that are from other states look down on Atlanta as this is not elite or classy people !!! Please !!!

18. CM Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 4:41 pm

NeNe Leakes is a piece of trash. She is low-class and watching her on TV makes me sick. It’s sad that Cynthia gravitates towards NeNe because Cynthia seems to have the most class out of the whole group. If I ever get a female dog, I’m naming it NeNe… the name would be so fitting.

19. sassybella Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 5:28 pm

about time someone called NeNe a bully! her behavior in Miami was so over-the-top rude that it was embarrassing to watch. in fact, everytime she goes off, it is embarrassing to watch. that is not an empowered woman, but someone with delusional ideas about herself and out-of-touch with how destructive her behavior is to not only herself, but to those in her immediate environment. she comes across as extremely insecure with a sense of entitlement and emotionally unstable. as a viewer, i must admit that i love the drama!

20. Kiki Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 5:58 pm

NeNe appears to be jealous of anyone else’s job or success. To me she is a miserable person who wants everyone around her to be just as miserable. I wish her continued success and hope one day she can grow and not be so hateful.

21. Ashley Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I dont care if she was bullying her. kim sounded racist. and nene was awesomely funny. LOVE NENE N CYNTHIA

22. Susan Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I agree with Phaedra about Kim and Nene. Nene is not only a bully but she is also aggressive, ignorant and totally insecure. She has an obsession with all things Kim. From her wigs, men and to her recording music, Nene ha a lot to say. On all fronts, she should shut her mouth since Nene’s hair/weave/dye job is nothing to write home about either. Nene’s husband is no prize and the way she drools over Peter is really disgusting. And Kim has a man, a pro football player. As far as her repeated remarks about Kim’s singing, Nene is just jealous. Kim knows she can’t sing but she has proven that she could get someone to record her. And Kandi took her on tour. I think Kim is smart. Maybe not book smart but definitely street smart. After all, she lives in a house that belongs to her is not an ufurnished rental and drives a car that has not been repossessed. One would think that Nene would have learned some humility with all the negative pubicity she has received but apparently she is too self-absorbed to see what a fool she is.

23. Reshonda Johnson Says:
    January 31st, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I don’t think that NENE LEAKS, is a bully she just like speaking whats on her mind. To where as for kim I don’t have nothing against her cause I think all the Atlanta Housewives had their own swagg, but I think that kim needs to ease up just a little on sweetie. I blessings goes out to all the Professional Housewives… but one last comment to them all, DON’T LET THE MONEY MAKE YOU, YOU MAKE IT… MEANING DON’T LOOSE FREINDSHIP OVER MONEY, CAUSE YOU TRYING TO HAVE THAT SPOT LIGHT OF FAME… CAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU WILL NEED THAT FRIEND….

24. Janet Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 8:15 am

Kim manipulated Kandi into writing a song (Tardy for the Party)and then stole all rights to it.And THEN demanded Kandi to give her back the little money she gave her. Kim told NeNe that she would be included in the song. THEN left her out of EVERYTHING!! Kim tried again to steal allll RIGHTS to the second song (The Ring thing), but Kandi was ready for her. Who’s really the “friend” around here?

25. Janet Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 8:16 am

My impression of Kim is that if she doesnt have TOTAL control, then, she wants no part of anything. Why is she on there anyway?

26. lets keep it real Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 9:56 am

Nene is a miserable, hateful woman who makes african american women look bad! They already credit us to having bad attitudes and being loud, she urks the mess out of me. I’m so happy people are starting to see her real true colors. She needs to get off the show! She is jealous of everyone on the show because they really do live the lifestyle she has always wanted. Nene is a racist, notice she knows who to try that crazy mess with.

27. bt=thats me Says:
    February 1st, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Oh Please,lets really define Kims role …… token white girl………usually this show is so irritating it has to be viewed in small increments on the Bravo Sunday marathons NeNe is just nasty the one the got married to the bankrupt guy is stupid
    the fat red head that sings is just odd
    the attorney is really cool I think she is my favorite and the parts of the show I watch

28. TruthHurts Says:
    February 2nd, 2011 at 10:47 am

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I definitely think that it was noble of Phaedra to have a chat with both Kim and Sweetie, however, what happened to the chat with NeNe regarding the situation. In this particular situation their are four sides to the story. Kim’s side, Sweetie’s side, NeNe’s side, and the Truth. Before noting that NeNe is a big bully, why didn’t Phaedra sit down and hear how NeNe felt about the situation. Clearly Phaedra has failed to realize that she has not had a clear track record on the show this season…lying about your due date and being ashamed to admit that she got pregnant before her marriage. I mean really Phaedra, please come to terms that your baby was NOT born in wedlock. When the child was conceived, you were NOT married. Yes you were married when the child was born but stop lying about it. I would definitely respect her more if she told the truth rather then engaging in an ugly lie!
    This season has been jammed packed with drama from almost all of the ladies. Therefore, there is no need for any of them to cast judgement upon the other!

29. TruthHurts Says:
    February 2nd, 2011 at 10:48 am

Excuse my error..it should have been there are four sides to the story!

30. Harold Says:
    February 3rd, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Nene is very offensive. She tries to overcompensate for being the ugliest woman on the show by being loud and overbearing to grab attention. I’d hate to see her without make-up.

31. mkb Says:
    February 3rd, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I just watched the wedding episode and I thought Cynthia was just beautiful. I’m glad she married Peter. I also applaud NeNe for being the only housewife who was positive. Nene was very sincere. I thought the negative comments were just awful from the other housewives. I like Nene, she keeps it real, doesn’t play any games, shoots it straight, and tells it just like it is.

32. Love Gabby Says:
    February 3rd, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I totally agree with Phaedra. NeNe is a big bully!!!! And notice she doesn’t try that mess with the other AA women (except Kandi that one time).

I am quite disappointed in NeNe myself. She was doing so well (transforming her bad disposition). She had really turned into a class act. And then boom!!!! Somebody said Kim and “Don’t be Tardy for the Party” all in one sentence. And Home girl lost it! LOL.
    I mean come on…Kim invites NeNe to support her, and NeNe gets there to turns on her. I mean really; GET OVER IT!

The bottom line is that she is pissed with Kim for cutting her out of the “Don’t be Tardy for the Party”; she will not let it go. I truly think NeNe was hurt by Kim’s decision to do the song by herself. And NeNe is the type of person that will taunt you forever (in some manner) if you hurt her.

My heart goes out to NeNe because she’s such a wounded soul. They say she has plans to divorce and relocate to LA. I just hope she finds peace happiness wherever she goes. Lawd knows she can use both.

33. A DAWG Says:
    February 8th, 2011 at 10:34 am

NENE IS A JEALOUS HATIN TRIFFLIN BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT HATE on KIm cause she gets more attention then you. no wonder her husband cheated on her ass! crazy beotch.

34. craig Says:
    February 13th, 2011 at 7:33 am

NENE is what you would call a “stereotypical” black woman. Loud, rude, obnoxious, uneducated,loud, crude, and did I say LOUD? She expects respect without giving it. The woman is a pig.

35. tired of it Says:
    February 16th, 2011 at 8:39 am

Please take these ladies OFF the show. Get an entirely different cast. We have had enough.

36. Chi Chi Says:
    February 16th, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Phaedra is like so right NeNe your a BIG BULLY please leave the show and don’t come back for nothing. No baby shower’s (Phaedra) LOL No dance contest (Kim’s boyfriend) LOL nothing just GO!!!!!!

37. honey b Says:
    February 17th, 2011 at 8:58 am

nene is not a bully shes real and alot of the girls on that show are not so dont go hard she speaks her mind boo

38. Michele Howington Says:
    February 18th, 2011 at 2:07 am

Love the show. I just want to say. If you have watch This show from the first season, NeNe has changed as a person. She is a very unhappy person. She use to be so much fun but now she acts so up tight. She use to be my favorite. Kim does talk down to Sweetie.Phardra is so funny. She is book smart but not street smart. She must have lived a very shelter life. She makes me laugh. Kandi is my favorite. She isn’t snobby and very down to earth and no drama. Cythnia is so sweet and I really think she has a good heart like Kandi. Kim is very self centered.I like her when she isn’t thinking about herself. Love the show thou. Kandi you rock gurl….

39. elaine Says:
    February 19th, 2011 at 3:10 pm

are all of you serious, yes nene is loud, but honest. first of all the members on the bus brought up the situation about kim, and sweetie. to nene. she was the only one that acted out, but all of them thought it, and planted the seed, and nene watered it.phadrea you’re just added to the show, and already i can see that you’re an opputunist, what you think kim has money? to all of you how can you sit there and state nene is ugly, take a close look at all of them. did you see kandi hair, phadrea big ass lips, sheree overly muscled tone body, this is why she does not have a man it would be like lying rocks, cythia is a model, ugly no hair crows feet around eyes 43 not, and last but not least kim is ugly and plastic, don’t light a match she would melt. beside nene being loud she is the most beautiful house wife on the show, and yes you watch the show, she has been seen without make-up still look the same. stop hating on her because she is tall. not short fake manly like sheree.

40. Marie Says:
    February 20th, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I thinl it is awful the way Kim speaks to Sweetie. Don’t know if the show is script or not, but I am surprise that none of the Black origanizations has not spoken out against Kim conduct.We speak out about the rappers calling the black women out of their name, but we let this Kim person call a sister out. Kandi needs to separate business and freindship, if you want to call it a frienship. Kim is just using her. She has no ideal of the recording business and is not trying to learn. Kim want people to do anything for her. I don’t watch the show anymore because of Kim. At the end of the day you still have to look at yourself in the mirror

41. DIANE Says:
    February 21st, 2011 at 9:59 am

LOVE NENE’S HONESTY
    HATE KANDI ON THE SHOW. DOES NOT BELONG. HER QUEST IS MUSIC AND SHE IS NOT MARRIED. LOVE HER DAUGHTER BUT BE GONE KANDI. AND SHE ALSO MADE A FOOL OUT OF HERSELF WITH THE KIM DEAL TRYING TO SPITE NENE. THATS WHAT SHE GETS-A VERY LARGE SUM OF MONEY LOST., LOL TRYING TO SPITE ANOTHER BLACK WOMAN.
    SHEREE IS A BROKE ASS LIAR AND A COPY CAT. SHE COPIES LISA AND NENE. SHE HAS NOOOOOOO MONEY. STOP IT. SHE LOOKS LIKE A TRANNY,
    CYNTHIA IS PRETTY BUT DUM IN LOVE AND HAS NO PERSONALITY. HER MAN IS CONTROLLING.
    PHAEDRA IS A STUPID ATTORNEY WHO ALTHOUGH RICH, IS A PHONY, SAYS STUPID STUFF ON TV AND MARRIES A CLASS A FELON FOR HIS LOOKS. HE WILL BE GONE IN A FLASH AND SHE NOW HAS TO WATCH HER MILLIONS. LOL HOW STUPID IS THAT. WHERE DID SHE GO TO LAW SCHOOL.
    KIM A CLASS A GOLD DIGGER. AND HER DAUGHTERS WILL LEARN FROM THE BEST. HER LATEST BOYGRIEND WAS STUPID BECAAUSE NOW HE HAS TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT. DUM ASS. THEY NEED TO RECAST THE SHOW. THESE WOMEN ARE DONE

42. marilyn Says:
    February 22nd, 2011 at 6:12 pm

NeNe is one of the ones who puts the “N” on “igger”; These types think LOUD means you win…! ! !

43. Wanda Says:
    February 23rd, 2011 at 12:02 pm

NeNe is a LARGE unlady like person. She like to get is everyone’s face that will not stand up to her. Phaedra is a very calm person and reminds me of myself. Educated and when she was talking to NeNe about knowing her NeNe just did not get what she was saying. Too much over uneducated NeNe. Just because she is a LARGE girl (not a Lady) she really thinks that she is all that. NeNe need to watch the faces that she makes so childish. Sheree and Kim are afraid of telling NeNe what she really thinks. Kandi will just put the hand up (You go girl.

44. ogjack Says:
    February 23rd, 2011 at 5:44 pm

SHAME SHAME SHAME ON NENE. WHILE SHE HAS NO PERSONALITY, NO TALENT, NO CLASS. SHE THINKS BEING LOUD, AGRESSIVE, AND HURTFUL, NO ONE WILL NOTICE. SHE DOESN’T REALIZE THAT PEOPLE SEE HER AS 900LBD MOOSE IN THE ROOM. POOR POOR GREGG

45. Robynn Moore Says:
    February 25th, 2011 at 8:35 am

Nene is a bully, no doubt about it.
    Kim is NOT a racist.. no doubt about that either.
    Nene clearly attacked Kim on that bus.. Kim had no response UNTIL Nene had the audacity to call Sweetie a slave. I have heard Nene speak to anyone within her bullying range far worse than any back and forth Kim and Sweetie have.
    Nene is a person that others are “friends” with simply so they are not on the other side of her finger wagging, close face barrage of hate & spit.
    She needs to be off the show and out of the spotlight.. she is doing more to harm black women than she is to help. She is clearly NOT a role model… nor is she entertaining. I find her to be hate filled … jealous and pure mean.

46. Tina Shelton Says:
    February 27th, 2011 at 11:26 am

This show is over the top. I agree Nene needs to be off the show. I was not impressed with the comment”There are things you don’t say to a black woman” Uh what about the things you don’t say to a white woman. Phaedra should have just come clean about why she was lying about the pregnancy because she insulted every woman who has ever been pregnant. Kim has what she has and her girls are so close to Sweetie that no one took that in to consideration. Where does Sheree get her money? Poor Cynthia now has no money so I wish her the best. Out of all the housewife shows this is the saddest, I will still watch but there sure needs to be some changes and maybe these women need to do more explaining to each other about what and why things are the way they are. Good luck girls on getting picked up another season, you all are going to need it. Way out of line with the slave comment and to bad Nene is to close minded to listen to anything any one has to say. Kim I sure hope you slow down on the smoking while you are pregnant. Good luck to you and yours.

47. Antoinette Says:
    July 4th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I’ve been saying it for two years now, NeNe is a BULLY. She uses her height and voice to overpower people.

Comments