February 05, 2011 03:00 PM by Lisa Princ
If you’re a fan of FOX’s Kitchen Nightmares and wish you could cook like chef Gordon Ramsay, here is your chance! Just in time for the big game tomorrow, Gordon Ramsay shares some of his Super Bowl recipes. Keep reading for all you need to make your big game party a success!
Kitchen Nightmares host and Chef Gordon Ramsay is sharing some of his recipes for the Super Bowl tomorrow. If you are looking for a great game day recipe, look no further! Here is Gordon’s recipe for perfect Super Bowl chili:
¼ cup olive oil
2 lb ground beef
salt and pepper
1 large onion
2 tsp ground cumin
4 tsp sweet paprika
2 tsp dried oregano
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 red chilli peppers, deseeded, keep ½ the seeds if you like spicy
6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 14oz tomatoes, chopped
1 small can tomato paste
1 whole Chipotle chili in adobo sauce, chopped
2 14oz can, kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
4 sprigs thyme leaves, roughly chopped (1 tsp dried)
¾ cup sour cream
½ cup chives chopped
Prepared white rice to serve 4‐6
1. Season the meat with salt and pepper in a heavy based large saucepan. Brown meat over medium heat, remove from the pot and set aside.
2. Pour in the olive oil, saute the onion, garlic and chili.
3. Add in the dried spices to the onion mixture and cook until they release their aroma.
4. Add the fresh and canned tomatoes, tomato paste and 1 whole chipotle chili in adobo sauce and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Return the beef to the pot.
6. Add the beans, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, thyme, mix well and reduce heat down to a simmer.
7. Pour in the broth.
8. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer.
9. Cook for 20‐25 minutes or until the sauce reaches desired consistency. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
10. Taste and check for seasoning. Prepare rice.
11. Mix chives and sour cream together.
12. Remove cinnamon sticks and bay leaves
13. To serve, spoon the chili into the center of a mound of rice. Serve the sour cream and chives in a separate bowl on the side.
For more great recipes and ideas from Gordon Ramsay, make you sure to stop by Gordon Ramsay Super Bowl Recipes on FOX’s website and be sure to tune in Friday for a brand new episode of Kitchen Nightmares on FOX!
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Kitchen Nightmares news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Kitchen Nightmares and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.
For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!
Photo credit: FOX
Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, Gordon Ramsay, Kitchen Nightmares |
« Extreme Makeover Home Edition: Leigh Anne Tuohy To Read Ferdinand the Bull | Home | American Idol: 10th Anniversary Compilation Album Due Out Next Month »