Celebrity Apprentice: Star Jones Responds To NeNe Leakes

February 15, 2011 12:13 PM by Christine McDow

Yesterday we told you about the drama on the set of Donald Trumps Celebrity Apprentice and how The Real Housewives Of Atlanta NeNe Leakes could not get along with ANYONE on the show.  We also told you how things got so bad that Star Jones had to hire personal security because she feared for her safety.  Finally Star Jones has put out a statement regarding what is going on. Keep reading to see what she had to say!

As we quoted, NeNe Leakes went on the Wendy Williams talk show and spoke of Star Jones saying, “I’m not feeling Star Jones, I’m sorry. I gave her a chance when I first got there, I did,” she told Wendy, later adding, “I wouldn’t spit on Star if she was on fire.”

Today, Star Jones responded exclusively to  Life & Style saying, “I did Celebrity Apprentice to raise money and awareness for a charity [the American Heart Association] that has been instrumental in my life, not to see it reduced to a cliché where black women attack one another for publicity’s sake,” Star told Life & Style while at the NYC offices of Uptown magazine, where she is now editor-at-large. “I haven’t commented on any of her comments in hopes that she would remember that we all participated in this show for charity and not as a vehicle to promote ourselves and such hatred. I was clearly wrong and I decided to finally respond.”

It really sounds like this is going to be a great season of Celebrity Apprentice. At least until NeNe gets fired. We can’t wait to watch it! Will you be tuning in? Comment below and let us know!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and follow us on Facebook! For other great Celebrity Apprentice News, please feel free to check out Sir Links A Lot: The Apprentice Links and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo credit: NBC

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, NBC Reality TV Shows |

17 Responses to “Celebrity Apprentice: Star Jones Responds To NeNe Leakes”

1. Linda Says:
    February 15th, 2011 at 12:45 pm

No will not watch, I have watched the housewives show, Nene has gotten way out of control. She is just trying to get the spotlight, and I don’t like how she is doing it. I’m not even sure I will ever watch the housewives again. I just really hate to think that Mr Trump would even bring his TV program down to her level. SO SAD.

2. Elsie Says:
    February 15th, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I think Star Jones and NeNe Leakes should put their differences aside since this is for charity. I love NeNe Leakes. I think if she was not on The Real Housewives of Atlanta, the show would be boring. The Real Housewives of Atlanta is the only reality show that I watch. NeNe is the show. I like the other ladies, but NeNe is my girl, no matter what anybody say. Now, I just want her to make it on Celebrity Apprentice, and just show them what she is working with and made of. My advice to NeNe is, just tone it down a little until she return to The Real Housewives of Atlanta. NeNe, this is only for charity. Love you girl. I’ve got your back.

3. Bridgette Says:
    February 15th, 2011 at 7:51 pm

NeNe does not get along with anyone she is a real witch.

4. Chi Chi Says:
    February 16th, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Here is what I think of NeNe. NeNe is a *itch. Just very ugly on the inside and out. She don’t know how to talk to people when there is a problem, she always has to be screaming and trying to over talk people. Even when she is wrong. NeNe has NO class! She states that she don’t like fighting or screaming matches because of her past, but look at how she was with Greg when Cynthia and Peter came by. She was pointing all on his nose and grabing his face. She is a drunk. There is nothing worse than a drunk female. Cynthia needs to watch out for NeNe. NeNe wants Peter you can tell by the way she looks at him. HWOA will go down hill with NeNe on there looking like Gorilla Gorilla on Great space coaster.

5. tanya Says:
    February 21st, 2011 at 12:52 am

I know reality T.V. has a way of bringing the worst of people into the spotlight and that is what they are doing with this Ne Ne Leakes character. She is a sad bipolar individual, im not a doctor, but i know crazy when i see it.

6. Mary Says:
    February 21st, 2011 at 11:51 pm

NeNe is real… unlike Miss Star that thinks she is all that. I have never liked her..NeNe is a beautiful lady and she doesnt lie down and take anyones B.S’s I wish her much luck in the future.

7. Ervin thompson Says:
    February 22nd, 2011 at 3:42 pm

NeNe and Star Jones. The saga continues.

8. Nancy Says:
    February 22nd, 2011 at 6:58 pm

NeNe seems to lash out out anyone who crosses her. She seems to have alot of HATRED built up inside. In my opinion I think she needs therapy. A person has to take responsibilty at some point. It can’t always be someone elses fault.

9. Michelle Says:
    February 24th, 2011 at 5:11 pm

NeNe has no class. She is an uneducated individual who does not know how to get her point across without screaming and physically intimidating others. Her ego has gotten way out of control, and I no longer enjoy watching her. I am seriously NOT going to watch this season of Apprentice. It is shameful that she cannot even act civil in the name of charity, and that even after the show is over she is still talking bad about Star. She is NOT a real celebrity. She better enjoy her 15 minutes because they are almost over. Get over yourself NeNe. You are not all that.

10. Linda Says:
    March 1st, 2011 at 10:39 am

I love NeNe – NeNe is down to earth and she does not take any bull##### from anyone. I like her style because she is real.

11. IRENE Says:
    March 1st, 2011 at 2:28 pm

MR. TRUMP. HOW COULD YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN BE SO BLESSED AND LET SOMEONE LIKE NE NE COME ALONG AND MAKE YOU LOWER YOUR STANDARDS. I THOUGHT YOU HAD A CLASSY SHOW AND THAT YOU WERE A CLASSY MAN. AM I WRONG,MR. TRUMP. YOU KNOW THAT SHOW IS TOO MUCH FOR NE NE AND SHE CANNOT HANDLE NOTHING LIKE THAT. HOW COULD YOU LET HER COME AND BRING YOU DOWN LIKE THAT. I THOUGHT IT WOULD TAKE A LOT MORE TO GET NEXT TO YOU. ARE YOU DESPERATE OR SOMETHING FOR THE RATINGS, BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE. THE SHOW HAS ALWAYS DONE WELL. I LOVE THE SHOW. PLEASE TAPE THE SHOW OVER WITHOUT NE NE. WE CAN WAIT UNTIL YOU SO ANOTHER SHOW. DON’T LET PEOPLE SEE NENE BRINGING THE SHOW DOWN LIKE THIS. I AM BEGGING YOU. SERIOUSLY, I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW.

12. hephaestion Says:
    March 1st, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I love NeNe but she is definitely bipolar and needs medication for it.
    I don’t like the way she insults Phaedra. They should be friends, not enemies. Phaedra seems very sweet and funny.

13. Cynthia Harmon Says:
    March 14th, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I think NeNe is crary, I’ve watched house wives of Atlanta, I have seen NeNe flip the script.

14. Karen Says:
    March 21st, 2011 at 9:00 am

Okay, I don’t mind a good competition … and never would I have thought that Dionne Warwick was such a bitch, but TRUE DAT! OMG, who in the world does she think she is? Star is no better and neither is NeNe. Got some real bitches on there this season, not sure I’ll be able to watch it through to the end.

15. Leann Morrison Says:
    April 21st, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Ne ne Leakes is a really crazy and ignorant person! At least Latoya Jackson had enough class to handle herself with class and dignity. I think Trump likes ignorant and crazy people. He seems to be this way himself! Look at how he unfairly attacks the President! Look at what he said to Gary Busey before he fired him. I will not be watching much longer with the likes of Ne ne leakes. I think she is super dumb and ignorant and a waste of my time. How could Trump think this is entertaining tv????

16. krm Says:
    May 1st, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I loved NeNe on RHOA, but watching NeNe on CA is very difficult to stomach!!! If NeNe doesn’t get fired tonight, I don’t think I will be able to continue to watch the show. Her behavior is very embarrassing and down right disgusting.

17. Ms.Bain Says:
    May 1st, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I think Ms. Leakes has a mental problem and it is very sad when someone uses a person like this in the way Trump is using NeNe she is really unqualified to be in any position anywhere until she receives therapy and or medication. This person is about to explode on national television.
    Never mind the fact that she obviously never really had any intentions on raising money for her charity, Talk about “Fake” does this organization really exist. What kind of help or good can they possibly do for abused women. With NeNe Leakes as their poster child/representative I hope they close, at least some unsuspecting abused woman will not be sent out into society hostile and angry like NeNe Leakes, that’s all we need a ban of mentally unstable verbally abusive women showing up for cattle calls for reality TV all across america and one day commiting a violent attack while taping a show. The Jenny Jones show come to my mind, just sayin “Trump” will really get a boost in ratings. This episode was neither funny or entertaining unless you think mental health is a joke!

Comments