American Idol: James Durbin’s Sex Songs?

February 20, 2011 12:20 PM by Lisa Princ

During the San Francisco auditions of American Idol on FOX we watched as James Durbin blew the judges away and was even compared to Adam Lambert. James, who came right out and told us that he had turned his life around now reveals that he used to enjoy writing songs about sex. Keep reading for more details!

American Idol’s most memorable audition in San Francisco came from 21 year old James Durbin, whose “Adam Lambert” sound won him a trip to Hollywood where he also advanced to Las Vegas. James was up front and honest during his auditions about his suffering from both aspergers and tourette syndrome and he told us the tale of how he changed his life when he met his girlfriend and had a child. Now TMZ.com is reporting that James has admitted that he used to love singing songs about sex and whores.

TMZ.com claims on their site that James Durbin’s admission was “All part of an interview he gave with his band “The Hollywood Scars” – they were competing in a local battle of the bands in Santa Cruz last April….and during the interview, Durbin says his favorite things to write songs about are “having sex with women…whores….and having a good time.” You can check out TMZ.com for the full story and video. What do you think of this story, will this deter you from voting for James Durbin? Comment below and share your thoughts with us, we’d love to hear from you. Personally, I think this kid is super talented and it certainly will not deter me from voting for him!

Be sure to tune into American Idol on FOX this Wednesday at 8 pm as we head to Las Vegas!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

7 Responses to “American Idol: James Durbin’s Sex Songs?”

1. Susan Says:
    February 25th, 2011 at 1:53 pm

dam Lambert. I bet Adam would be the first one to wish this guy the best. After all, he has been through what James is about to experience.I am a die hard Adam Lambert fan and I would love to hear those two sing a song together. I thought James was unbelievable lastnight during his solo. I wish him a lot of luck. I know I will be voting for him. And by the way, his little boy is adorable. Soooooo cute!

2. Melissa Says:
    March 3rd, 2011 at 10:08 pm

It’s all a part of the rock persona. “love,sex, rock and roll” Just because he enjoys writing/singing songs about sex doesn’t mean that he lives that life. He’s young. Don’t you remember being a teenager and having practically only sex n dating on your mind?

I’ve been a James Durbin fan since his audition. I’ll be voting for him all the way. I admire him for all that he’s gone through and accomplished. He’s got so much passion for music.
    Love the guy!
    This bit of news and the video posted about it is not going to sway me from my decision. No body is perfect. He’s not walking around claiming to be. He’s a very honest,open minded and sensitive guy. I’d love to meet him and tell him how much I admire him staying real. Go James! You’re gonna be the next American Idol!

3. bev Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 5:30 am

Well at least he turned his life around and was honest. We all do things we regret. I love him and I’m voting for him.

4. Lisa Princ Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 10:59 am

I agree with you Melissa, I personally love him as well. He is by far the best contestant this season!

5. Lisa Princ Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 11:03 am

I agree and I think that because he is so honest and real it makes him even better than what he can do on stage. My guess is that he will be in the finale :-)

6. Diana Says:
    April 16th, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I agree with Melissa AND what do I think about this report???? I think it was a SLOW NEWS DAY @ SLEAZE TMZ!!!!!!!

7. Diana Says:
    April 16th, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I agree with Melissa AND what do I think about this report???? I think it was ANOTHER SLOW NEWS DAY @ SLEAZE TMZ!!!!!!!

Comments