NBC Renews Popular Reality Shows

February 24, 2011 08:00 AM by Christine McDow

NBC announced yesterday that they have renewed some of their most popular reality shows for the 2011-2012 season.  The shows that viewers will definitely be seeing this fall/winter and next spring/summer include The Biggest Loser, Who Do You Think You Are?, and The Sing Off.  What do you think?  Keep reading to find out more.

The Biggest Loser being renewed is really no big surprise, however we are not sure how it will do without Jillian Michaels.  We LOVE Who Do You Think You AreThe Sing Off was popular and must have gotten better during season two as we were not too impressed with season one.

NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt said yesterday, “Alternative series such as these three bona fide hits are important not only to their loyal audiences but also as strong components of the NBC schedule. They are each unique, attention-getting shows with terrific producing and talent auspices, and we’re proud to be associated with them.”

So it looks like these exciting shows WILL be back later this year. Which will you watch? Are there any you could care less about? Comment below and let us know!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser, The Sing Off, Who Do You Think You Are? |

7 Responses to “NBC Renews Popular Reality Shows”

1. Lisa Princ Says:
    February 24th, 2011 at 8:19 am

Not a fan of The Sing Off here either. Not really sure about Who do you think you are, but my guess is that The Biggest Loser is probably one of NBC’s biggest hits in reality so I bet that one is not going anywhere anytime soon. It will be sad without Jillian Michaels, but at least we’ll still have Bob Harper :) I read that they are still casting season 12 if anyone is interested, you can find the info on their site!

2. Shayla Perry Says:
    February 24th, 2011 at 11:41 am

Something about NBC reality shows are a little “off” to me. I like the concept of Who Do You Think You Are?, and it’s great to have a positive reality series, but every episode seems like there’s an element missing. Can’t put my finger on it yet… I don’t know if they need to add more voiceovers with the historical context, or what, but there’s definitely something keeping it from being as great as it could be. I also like the concept of The Sing Off, but I just end up watching clips online to avoid having to sit through the rest of the show, which just does not impress me. The Biggest Loser is definitely their best… but I must admit, I am curious about the new Celebrity Apprentice. ;)

3. Lisa Princ Says:
    February 24th, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Oh Shayla, I almost forgot about Celebrity Apprentice, that is a good one also, but the regular Apprentice IMO was not as good. NBC also has a new one starting
    The next great restaurant with Curtis Stone and Bobby Flay, I can’t wait to see how that one does either.

4. Lee Says:
    February 24th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Biggest Loser has gone to the Darkside .
    The new trainer suck golden gloves tiles or Med Course we don’t care they will never compare to Jillian or Bob Period.
    Rulon and his buddy formerly the yellow team are bullies with the personality of a baked potato.
    No one this season accept for Courtney is committed to lose weight and not get wrapped up in game play.
    Hope Courtney wins it all and the news trainer go to another show

5. Lee Says:
    February 24th, 2011 at 1:52 pm

The Apprentice is now a Circus in a suit.
    I won’t watch the show and haven’t since Brett Micheals won-He deserved to win.
    This season Cast shold be on Celeb Rehab ASAP too many issues

6. Shayla Perry Says:
    February 24th, 2011 at 7:55 pm

LOL I forgot about The Next Great Restaurant! That one I’d like to see too!

7. patti Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Trump wants to be President? He is starting out his run badly, by lying that his show is #1 at NBC. Where is he getting that wrong info??

Comments