March 04, 2011 08:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Last night on American Idol on FOX we watched as Ryan Seacrest announced the results of America’s voting and revealed the top ten contestants. But then the judges chose three wild cards to give us a top thirteen. Two of those wild cards, Stefano Langone and Naima Adedapo shared their thoughts on making it in to the wild card spots. Keep reading for more details!

MTV caught up with two of American Idol’s wild card additions last night as Stefano Langone and Naima Adedapo talked about making into those spots. Stefano Langone said he chose the song “I need you now” because “I knew if it got to the point where I had to sing for the wild card, that I’d be singing for my life. I needed a song that I’d done prior to this point that was the absolute perfect song for my voice, to show my soul, everything that I have, everything I could bring to the table as a musician.” Stefano then adds that despite his nerves, it was a great experience and he feels he had to work for his spot.

Naima Adedapo’s song choice reasoning was similar to Stefano’s as she said about her decision “It really talks about what I wanted to talk about. That is, ‘Love me tonight. I need you to put me through tonight. Let me show you who I am.’” As for making it into the wild card spot, Naima said “Words can’t really express it, but it’s like a high. It’s like being elevated somewhere. I feel like I wasn’t even on earth anymore, I just kind of was happy and in the moment. I felt like I had an opportunity to really show them how much I really want it.”

Do you think the judges made the right choice on American Idol by sending Stefano Langone and Naima Adedapo through? Be sure to tune in next week at 8 pm EST on Wednesday to see the top 13 perform on Fox!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

20 Responses to “American Idol: Stefano Langone And Naima Adedapo Talk About Getting The Wild Cards”

1. jessie Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 8:42 am

I think the wildcard picks are good.I would rather Jovany had made it through instead of Jacob Lusk or Casey Abrahms.sorry but idol people have their job cut out for them trying to clean Abrahms up.I mean the werewolf look and brown teeth.it’s not 100%music after all looks do count.why do you think GaGa wears all the crap she wears you can tone your body but all you can do with ugly is hide it.lusk is the biggest diva on the show so far.

2. Tiffany Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 11:19 am

What the heck? Naima? Seriously? Did you not see Clint? She is ok, but Clint was GREAT, AMAZING, MARVELOUS, BRILLIANT(according to all of you and his fans), were you not listening. I think you need to do it again and add him in there. HE REALLY DESERVES IT! I don’t care if you are “PROS” this time you got it really wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. kathy Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I am glad Stefano & Naima made it into American Idol. they Deserve it. Everyone I picked made it this year.. good choices. There was still some I wish could have made it like Giovani. He was so good…. Best wishes to all of them.

4. Stacy Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I don’t understand why Naima was put through. Her song put me to sleep, she is not current at all. At of all the singers Robbie was by far one of the most talented singers of the wild cards and he didn’t get picked. I don’t know what they were thinking. Robbie, Lauren, and Pia are the best singers of this season in my opinion.

5. John Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Why does American Idol do this? The fans just votes them off the next week anyway. It is now up to the fans, the judges should stay out of it.

6. Lynn Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I really think that Kendra Chantelle should have been in the top ten. This beautiful lady with that beautiful voice could have won this contest. I hope she gets a contract outside of idol. She has the voice and attitude that I would like to hear and see much more of. Good Luck Kendra.

7. Guy Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 9:27 pm

My friend and I knew the judges would pick the worst three and they did. The judges did their part getting down to the top 20 and then it was America’s turn. America said WE didn’t want them and so why are they there. We’ll mute our T.V. when each of them are on as we already heard all we wanted to hear from them on and off stage.If they stay my friend and I will STOP watching as they don’t have what it takes.

8. Anna Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 9:54 pm

I’m so disappointed that Robbie was cut – off. He deserves to be on the top. He got more personality than Jacob. It could have Robie than Naima. Maybe its Naima’s story that put her through. I miss Simon Cowell…American Idol is not the same without him.

9. Sally Smith Says:
    March 4th, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Did you not see Clint? She is ok, but Clint was GREAT, AMAZING, MARVELOUS, BRILLIANT……..Yes but he was also an arrogant bully. He didn’t deserve a chance despite his talent.

10. Lisa Princ Says:
    March 5th, 2011 at 5:59 am

I have to agree Sally, I am surprised Clint was not given a chance for the wild card, I thought for sure he would be.

11. Lisa Princ Says:
    March 5th, 2011 at 6:01 am

My guess is that if America did not vote for them in the top 10, they probably won’t vote for them now either…so I doubt you have anything to worry about it. They’ll probably be the first ones gone, you know?

12. MaryD Says:
    March 5th, 2011 at 9:32 am

Wow! I thought the wild card picks were great! I’m not going to put down anyone who was not chosen or voted in. The group was so good this year. It had to be really tough.

One issue I will take though is the idea that these candidates were told “no” by America. Here’s some news for you: most of us didn’t even know that 14 people would be eliminated. Like me, they assumed only the worst few would go. Also, most viewers don’t vote until the top 10 are chosen. I didn’t even get a chance to watch the entire girl’s show – only the ending.

So the arguement that America has decided is not really valid at all. I really feel bad for those sent home. A few of them could have won this thing in prior years. It’s a really tough year, and the new rules make it tougher. It’s all gonna be ok. Anyone who’s really talented will be picked up sooner or later.

13. Paul Zacher Says:
    March 5th, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Adding another three people that were at or near the end of the line in voting doesn’t change anything. All it does is extend the competition by making the pool larger and possibly get the three into the American Idol Tour. It might be interesting to know how these three came out in the fan voting. It would really be “wrong” if any of them were further down than one or two away from making the fan cut. After all, it is supposed to be fan voting that makes it or breaks it.

14. Therese Otty Says:
    March 5th, 2011 at 2:13 pm

watching wuth great interest, i must say Jakob Lusk is amazing voice from heaven.

15. Theresa Says:
    March 5th, 2011 at 2:20 pm

The wildcards are good picks, especially Naima and Stephano. Not impressed with Karen Rodriguez at all. Not Americal Idol Material. But, I think it is going to be a guy Idol this year. Casey is very talented. I like his diamond in the rough/jazzy character.

16. Sandra Says:
    March 5th, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I am thrilled that Stephano and Naima made it through – they definitely deserved it. I have been a talent scout and musician for more years than I care to say — and they earned those spots. I would have been happy if Jovany, Robbie and Clint could have made it, too. Each has their own gift and I, along with many articles online I read earlier, stated they thought Clint would definitely make it. It was just too hard because of all the talent. I don’t agree at all that the ones who are wild cards will just be voted off right away. They could have been the ones who had the next highest votes by America (we don’t know) and we have now had a chance to see them again. It’s all going pretty quickly, so sometimes you need to see someone a second time. I am thrilled they are both in, and hope they stick around! This is an amazing group, many of whom could get contracts and do a CD right now. I imagine Idol’s management and labels have their eye on many of them, more than any season of the past – which means look to see more past Idols dropped (they aren’t many left to drop!)

17. Lisa Princ Says:
    March 6th, 2011 at 9:03 am

Mary,
    While I think the judges did do a good job in picking the wild cards, it was in fact America that chose the top ten. I am not entirely sure where you got the impression
    that only the worst would go – 2 nights in a row Ryan Seacrest explained that only the top 5 guys and top 5 girls would go through after the votes so most of those
    voting would have known that if they watched the show either night, kwim?

18. RicM Says:
    March 6th, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Maybe to avoid adverse comments on voting for the next American Idol and since judges are used to evaluate each performances, selection should be based say 80% on the number of votes and 20% based on the judges ranking. This selection method in my opinion would be seen more appropiate and fair by all.

19. Emily Says:
    March 7th, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I think AMERICA and those STUPId judges are alllll IDIOTS. Ashton?? ReallY? She sucks and Robbie getting thrown off was SHOCKING I almost choked. Naima DOES NOT deserve to be the next American Idol. Her voice is HORRIBLE. The only reason they chose her is because she dresses different and cries like a child over cleaning toilets. So what Naima? it doesn’t mean you deserve a spot. Look at that guy who’s fiance is in a wheelchair he didn’t make it through. This is NOT a pity contest but a talent contest and Naima and Ashton DID NOT deserve those spots. Neither did that kid with the Mawhawk.

20. EmilyC Says:
    March 8th, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Personally, I agree with Mary on the issue with America saying no to the contestants. It’s not like they wanted *them* to go home, they just happened to vote for the contestant who sang the songs best.
    I love the wildcard picks, though I do believe Kendra deserved it a bit more than Ashton.
    Other than that, I look forward to watching the show, and listening to the song choices.
    (hopefully stefano picks a better song, I think the one he sang last week was his downfall)

Comments