Secret Millionaire: Marc Paskin Recap

March 13, 2011 06:33 PM by Veronica Dudo

Secret Millionaire: had an all new episode on ABC tonight. The reality series follows six of America’s most successful business people as they spend a week in the country’s poorest areas, ending their stay by giving members of the community hundreds of thousands of dollars of their own money. Tonight’s millionaire, Marc Paskin travels to Michigan in an effort to make a difference in the lives of those he meets.America was introduced to Marc Paskin, the president of Paskin Properties, a division of The Paskin Group, a privately owned real estate investment and management company. Paskin was raised in a poor family in Madison, Wisconsin. He worked his way through college at the University of Wisconsin. After graduation he took his life savings amounting at $1,000 and used it as a down payment on a duplex. Over the next 35 years he bought and sold real estate spanning from California to Nevada, Texas and Florida.

Paskin travels the world, speaking at companies and universities sharing his experiences. Now, 61 years old, Paskin says his goal is to “die broke” by giving away his money to worthy caused and people in need.

Paskin goes to Detroit, Michigan to live in a one bedroom home. On his first day, Paskin purchases groceries with the $50 he is given for the week. The next day, Marc decides to find out more information about the Man Network. Paskin attends the group’s meeting and learns the organization is made up of volunteers who patrol the neighborhood to try and keep the crime rate down, lead by Bishop Tony and his wife Valerie. Randy, one of the volunteers is a 28 year old father of three. Paskin goes out with Randy to patrol the streets to look for anything that seems suspicious. Paskin learns that Randy’s father was shot on his family’s doorstep when he was a young boy.

Next, Paskin visits Young Detroit Builders, a program that takes young people who have fallen on very hard times and allows them a place to work and learn as they try and turn their lives around by re-building homes. So far they have rebuilt more than 800 homes in the neighborhood.

On the third day Marc visits Really Living an organization that drives people who have no means of transportation to their doctor’s appointments. While in a healthcare facility, Paskin meets Courtney a young women who received a kidney transplant, but the kidney failed and she is again on a waiting list for another. Meanwhile, her four year old daughter also has some health problems.

As Paskin ends his time in Detroit he gifts ten thousand dollars to the Man Network. Bishop Tony, his wife Valerie and volunteer Randy are shocked and overjoyed. Next Paskin stops by the Young Detroit Builders program and presents them with a forty thousand dollar check. Paskin also visits Really Living and gives them a check for forty thousand dollars. Finally, Paskin meets with Courtney and hands her a check for twenty thousand dollars.

Paskin’s kindness has made a difference in the lives of those he has met in Detroit and hopes it will inspire others to help those in need.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Secret Millionaire |

7 Responses to “Secret Millionaire: Marc Paskin Recap”

1. Debrah Says:
    March 13th, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Thank-you Marc, for coming to Detroit, Mi., my hometown. I love the show. Yes! you are inspiring others by YOUR CHARITABLE SPIRIT.
    Contact me if you come back. I know another group of interesting 30 yr. young men/artists LIVING/STRIVING in the Detroit Eastern Market. It IS HARD for them these days.

May protective LIGHT and PEACE surround you.

Debrah Long

2. Nancy Says:
    March 14th, 2011 at 11:52 am

Marc, you are a very very kind man and I’m sorry to hear about your wife. I know it’s hard at times but yo seem like a wonderful man and happy.If you were closer I would take you for coffee because you are a wonderful man with a BIG heart and also very caring……Nancy

3. Cheryl Scamihorn Says:
    March 14th, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Hi Marc, Well you brought tears to my eyes that didnt end until I fell asleep. You are truly an amazing person. And the people that you helped. WOW, I cannot say enough. What a great show and you should be so proud to be a part of it. I grew up in Southern Ca, so it was that much more special to have a former neighbor on the show. So sorry about your wife, may she RIP and I just know she is proud. My town of Paradise, California is doing Relay For Life. A 24 hour fundraiser for cancer. I am never to embarrassed or proud to ask for donations. I held my fathers hand while he passed of this disease. I will continue to help raise money for this. If you would care to make a donation please do so at relayforlife.org our team in Lifehouse Angels in Paradise California. Or contact me thru mu email. May God Bless you 10 fold

4. Wendy Says:
    March 14th, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Marc…just watched you on Secret Millionaire and have to say thank you for what you did. I am from MI’s Upper Peninsula, but travel downstate (ten hours one way) every three months for medical for my 8 year old and am surprised at the one time booming city. I have had the opportunity to meet many GOOD people, while in the city, who have helped me, a stranger. What you have done, is a wonderful gesture, that have touched many people and give others, like myself, hope that the world is still full of kind hearted people who care about others. Thank you…God Bless you. Wendy

5. Becky Says:
    March 14th, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Marc,
    I want to tell you I enjoyed watching you on tv tonite. I dvr the show. You are a very nice guy. I thought you were very hanson. You look like a cute guy I would date. E-mail me if u want to talk. I just adored watching you. Oh yea it was great what u did for the people u helped. Hope to hear from you. It sucks to grow older and being alone. Thax Becky

6. Leah Bolton Says:
    March 16th, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Marc,

I can completely understand what you’ve been through. My mother had juvenile diabetes. My first memories in life were helping her with insulin shots. I wish I could give every one that needs a kidney, a kidney, too.
    You are endearing, in your efforts. Please don’t stop!
    Also – please add me to your friends list! SmyLynn@yahoo.com

I would love to help the causes you’re supporting, if I can.

Thanks,
    Leah Bolton
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

7. elaine moore Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 11:08 pm

U have a heart. But put silver spoon in sons mouth.He does not understand people.U gave to detroit ,now give to tx.or teach ur son to have compassion.

Comments