Celebrity Apprentice’s Lisa Rinna On Her Elimination

March 15, 2011 02:00 PM by Shayla Perry

We all knew to expect some drama from Star Jones on this season of NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice, but who knew that the legendary singer Dionne Warwick was more of a psychic frenemy than a psychic friend?! After being “thrown under the bus” by the two ladies (and we use that term loosely), Lisa Rinna dished about her Celebrity Apprentice experience, and the one thing that upsets her about being fired so soon.

Team Backbone and A.S.A.P. both put on stellar performances in this week’s episode of Celebrity Apprentice when the applicants were tasked with writing and acting out children’s books for an audience of four and five-year-olds and their parents.

The fact that Team A.S.A.P. was able to produce anything at all with all of the drama and catfighting that went on behind the scenes is remarkable, but apparently, that wasn’t enough to keep the team’s Project Manager, Lisa Rinna, in the game.

“The minute we lost, I knew it was coming,” Rinna said in her official Celebrity Apprentice Exit Interview, revealing that she had her suspicions that the other women on her team had planned to get rid of her before the competition even began.

In the video, Rinna also says that she realized she was being fired for not fighting back when Star Jones and Dionne Warwick confronted her in the boardroom. Despite practically being fed lines by Donald Trump and the other judges, Lisa says that she knew things were going to get ugly if she pointed out any of Star Jones and Dionne Warwicks faults, and she just “didn’t want to go there.”

Though the soap star has no regrets about participating in the NBC reality show, she is disappointed that she wasn’t able to win any money for her charity, the Cancer Research Fund. But as she says, “life goes on,” and Rinna will continue to help the organization in other ways.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and follow us on Facebook! For other great Celebrity Apprentice News, please feel free to check out Sir Links A Lot: The Apprentice Links and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo credit: NBC

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, Lisa Rinna, NBC Reality TV Shows |

15 Responses to “Celebrity Apprentice’s Lisa Rinna On Her Elimination”

1. Donald Says:
    March 15th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

If Mr. Ego is willing to fire an honest person over two egomaniacs then it is the last show that I will watch. By the way it was only the second time I watched. I also thought The Donald may make a good president but not now, just loike the other poloticians that would keep the dishonest people to do their bidding. What a joke this show is!

2. noreen Says:
    March 15th, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Thank you Lisa for keeping your integrity!

3. Patrice Says:
    March 15th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Dionne Warwick is a b____! Get her off of there! I mean really. Really? Are her and Star Jones’ ego so huge that they have to take credit for the itsiest, bitsiest things? This is a team activity. I could not believe that Dionne wanted credit for the concept, simply couldn’t believe it. This woman has made millions of dollars from her singing career of which she is best known, and she had a knot in her panties for not being able to have her name on a children’s book for “concept?” Please! Who does that? As a black woman, I was ashamed of both of them! Did they not get enough nipple or “atta girls” when they were growing up?? Get Dionne out of there. She is mean, hateful, selfish and out of touch. Much of the same can be said for Star, but I really don’t want to watch anymore of Dionne, and the way she treated Marlee was uncalled for. Geez!

4. Patti Preszler Says:
    March 15th, 2011 at 8:50 pm

I would like to see the winners of the Survivor be on the Celebrity apprentice. I think they could survive Donald Trump. Thank you Patti Preszler

5. Sonya Says:
    March 15th, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Isn’t Dionne Warwick Whitney Houston’s cousin, aunt or something? That really explains it all. UGH!!

6. Jane Says:
    March 15th, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I watched 20 minutes and was APPALLED at Ms. Dionne and Ms. Star!!!! Thought they were “bigger” women!!!! They are in it for the fame, not to raise money for their respective charities. They are looking for FACE time only. How big a stink can I raise and how much “face time” will that get me? They probably sleep side-ways in bed for what they did! I hope they don’t sleep at all!!!! THEY DON’T DESERVE IT!!!!! I’m done watching Donald

7. teri Says:
    March 16th, 2011 at 6:56 am

I swore last week that I wouldn’t watch anymore when Mr. Trump fired David Cassidy for basically not taking being bullied well and allowed Richard Hatch to stay when he was told that Richard had verbally and physically abused David. Do you really want to deal with a company that tolerates bullying of employees?
    Letting Lisa go just confirms my thoughts because now there is no one worth watching.

8. Ragena Says:
    March 16th, 2011 at 7:30 am

I watch the Apprentice every week, and I absolutely cannot believe how “Star” and “Dionne” represented not only themselves, but their charities. This was absolutely the most childish episode I’ve ever seen!!! I will probably give it one more chance (just to see if they get whats coming to them), but then I’m going over to Undercover Boss!!! I can’t believe you backed these 2 women Donald, but we all know what kind of reprocussions the show probably would have had had you not. Shame Shame on on 3 of you!!!!

9. Betty Landis Says:
    March 16th, 2011 at 6:05 pm

I truely was shocked by Star & Dionne, They lost ALOT of peoples respect.NO CLASS my jaw dropped at the insensative words and actions of these two (ladies)? Have they no respect for people with different abilities and Strenghts ,they Question Lisa’s strenght?? I was INFURIATED at their Ignorance, they knew if they made her in-charge they could sabotage her , they dropped the ball on their jobs, then had the ???? to think THEIR names should be #1 PLEASE—DRAMA QUEENS– MR.Trump shame on you, you know what they did you saw the footage????

10. Pat Roy Says:
    March 16th, 2011 at 9:14 pm

In retrospect, wonder what would have happened if Lisa let Dionne and Star take their name-credit for the book???? Might have been a very different outcome. Too bad!

11. Shayla Perry Says:
    March 17th, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Hmmm. Interesting. I’m sure they would have spun it and blamed Lisa as the PM for allowing them to do it though. Still, she should’ve gotten some credit for taking a stand on that one. And it still bothers me that none of the other women spoke up about Star and Dionne. It would’ve been more of an advantage to them to get rid of one of them over Lisa, wouldn’t it?

12. Lisa Green Says:
    March 17th, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Dionne should have been fired for her attitude alone. She is arrogant and very disrespectful to everyone! She is an out right bitch! Star Jones is so full of herself she can’t possibly be a team player. She makes me sick. Shame on you Mr. Trump for keeping bullies. Is that what you promote in business? Bullies? I am disgusted by this season’s show and it’s only been on two weeks. Doubt I will continue to watch. Lisa and David should NOT have been fired.

13. Colleen Says:
    March 17th, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I was so angry after watching bullies prevail for a second week on this show. So impressed with Trump on Piers Morgan,but he is a jerk on this show. How could he,in good faith,reward the school yard nastiness of Richard Hatch,Starr Jones & Dionne Warwick,by keeping them on, and ditching good,sane people. Some things are more important than business and ratings,shame on you Donald Trump! In this current environment,with people – children-committing suicide due to the kind of bullying and demeaning behavior that we are seeing from this show,Trump does a huge disservice to all.
    Starr is positively evil in her dealings,and all the lawyer b.s. may shake people up when they are put on the spot,but it certainly isn’t fooling anyone: she is totally full of shit.
    I am shocked at how rude Dionne Warwick is,what more is there to say.
    Lisa was on point with what she said about these two,and cudos to her for speaking out during that nauseating argument where they actually were vain enough to demand ” idea conception “and writing credit.
    Also, Marlee is a good soul for having the balls to speak the truth,when the rest of the team sat silent.
    I will never cease to wonder at how stupid these celebrities are to go on a primetime show and act like lunatics or immature children-how embarrassing for them and what a sad commentary on us in general.

14. jean Says:
    March 18th, 2011 at 7:38 am

Dionne’s and Star’s meanness must be innate and bone deep or they would have realized how badly their behavior would reflect on them when this was aired. Apparently they are so accustomed to getting away with this they think it is normal behavior. These are two shockingly dispicable women and Trump should be ashamed of himself and his two toadies (his kids) for firing Lisa and David. Doesn’t he recognize bullying and a lack of character when he sees it? Why in the world would he ever think he has a chance of being President? Oh, that’s right…I’m talking about “The Donald.” His ego is so inflated, it’s mind-boggling. I won’t be watching his show ever again. It is too painful to see supposed grownup acting so infantile–and that includes the Ego.

15. Mike Mason Says:
    March 20th, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Well Donald, If these are the values you want to bring to President then God help the USA if another Katrina hits… All those weak people complaining…. it’s enough to make a billionaire sick.
    You dropped the ball here – big time. I don’t think anyone agrees with your choice, except Star Jones and Dionne Warwick. I honestly thought you were a decent person till I saw this mean desparate performance to appease 2 racists.
    You need to get it together and shed that ego.

Comments