The Real Housewives of Orange County: Tamra Barney Regrets Bathtub Scene

March 22, 2011 10:00 AM by Veronica Dudo

The Real Housewives of Orange County: on Bravo had some very sexy scenes with one housewife this week. Tamra Barney says she definitely regrets the bathtub scene with her new boyfriend Eddie!

Tamra opens up about the on-going feud with Gretchen, repairing her friendship with Vicki and the moment she knew filming the bathtub scene with Eddie was NOT a good idea. Read part of her blog below.

I would like to start off by saying how happy I am that Vicki and I recovered from last year. I care about her so much and consider her family. I realize now that she cared about me, and that is why she said the things she said to Simon. The hardest thing in the world is to take someone else’s side other than your husband’s when your marriage is falling apart. Vicki is a woman that works hard in life, loves her family and friends, and also plays hard. She can be sharp with her tongue at times, as most of us can, but you will always know where you stand with her. She is a true friend. I am really getting to know Peggy, and I’m so glad she was brought on the show. She is a fun-loving friend with great family values. I have gotten close to Peggy rather quickly and see myself being friends with her for life.

OK Gretchen, we all get it, you can’t forgive me for exposing your past! But here is a news alert, if you sign up for a reality show and you have skeletons in your closet, they’re going to come out! There are a few things that I would like to clarify about what she was saying. First that I owe her an apology — I personally have apologized to Gretchen two different times. One of them was on a televised press event with all the Housewives there. I reached out to her off season asking that we put things behind us, and she agreed. Two weeks ago in NYC I told her I wished her the best and really did not care to continue with this nonsense. The last two weeks she has continued to talk badly about me and blame me for her mistakes. I see no reason to continue trying at this point, not everybody needs to be friends. The truth of the matter is she knows I know the truth about her past relationship and she hates it. If it was all a lie, she would have moved on. Like I said in my first blog, your lies become your future. As we will see this season, two other housewives come forward with knowledge of her past. I wonder if she will blame them for ruining her life too? Second, that the last five years of my marriage were fake — First of all how can a marriage be fake? I told her that Simon and I had been having problems in our marriage for about five years. I think every viewer could see that last season things were not good, and prior to that I kept my pain to myself as most people do in my situation. Third, that I am banging Simon’s friend — That was a rumor that Simon put out there in the press. Simon and I both had met Eddie at a holiday party a few years ago with Marcos, but that does not make them friends! Fourth, that I went to her hair guy Victor and called his salon about a rumor — This is the funniest lie of them all. Victor is what I like to call a Housewife ankle biter. He chased after all the ladies to try and get on the show. These are the kind of people that I do not let in my life, and Gretchen should really think twice about the company she keeps. As we all see, she has contradicted herself so many times on this episode it’s almost comical.

The one thing about me is I will always own my mistakes, which leads me to the bathtub scene. I knew the next day after filming it that I made a big mistake. It was me getting caught up in the moment, drinking wine, and forgetting the cameras were there. I have been dreading this episode for eight months. As a mother, this was not one of my smartest moments on TV. Even though I do not allow my children to watch the show, it doesn’t mean their friends don’t. This was one of those moments that I had to sit my kids down and tell them that mommy made a mistake and did something on TV that was in bad taste. I have a great communication line with my kids and have taught them that everyone makes mistakes, and as long as you own up to your mistakes, you will learn from them.

You finally got to see Eddie in more ways than your probably wanted too. He didn’t say much and was extremely nervous in front of the camera. The first night we filmed I looked over at him and he started to turn white and said, “I can’t do this.” So that was the reason for the shot of tequila, it calmed his nerves. The bathtub scene was about five shots of tequila for him, and when he walked in the bathroom he was caught totally off guard. He looked at me and said, “You’re naked,” while there were about five people with cameras and audio looking on. It was uncomfortable for him, but he jumped right in.

Eddie is an amazing man, and I am so lucky to have him in my life. He has been with me through this divorce process and has been so understanding and not judgmental. I am sure it has been hard for him at times, but he has helped me heal along the way, when most guys would have ran. I am the first to agree that getting involved with someone so soon is not a good choice. Although in the beginning it helps with the pain, it also stops you from dealing with the issue at hand. Everybody deals with divorce differently and I am not sure there is a right way or a wrong way to deal with your emotions.

Eddie has met my kids a few times, but we are not pushing anything on them. He knows the importance of giving the kids the time they need. I think they still have a long road of healing. My kids know that he makes me happy and will never take the place of their father. Simon is a very hands-on dad, and we share equal custody. So the time that I have the kids I spend with them, and the time he has them I am able to spend time with Eddie and my friends. At first glance you would think Eddie is a another good looking Orange County player. This is a perfect example of how you cannot judge a book by its cover. You will learn a lot about him and how this once poor boy from Mexico made a good life for himself and his family around him. He really is a true inspiration to a lot of people.

I was dying laughing at Jim in his car when he was trying to use the voice activated phone book. Eddie just recently bought that exact same car, and it happens to him every time! Since seeing this episode, I yell out “Dan!” whenever Eddie is trying to call someone from his car, and he looks at me like, “Can you please just grow up?” I don’t know why I think it is the funniest thing ever. In the time it takes to get the voice activated thing to work, you could have just dialed it.

The Real Housewives of Orange County airs Sundays on Bravo TV at 10pm|9c.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The Real Housewives of Orange County news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Orange County.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Orange County |

11 Responses to “The Real Housewives of Orange County: Tamra Barney Regrets Bathtub Scene”

1. anna Says:
    March 23rd, 2011 at 6:36 pm

tamra, sorry you really made big mistake in your life to divorce a good person. try to look into your self before you judge someone or your husband. I am sure your husband will find his happiness. he is a good man. sorry, you missed out.

2. Marti Says:
    March 27th, 2011 at 12:04 am

Tamra,It’s been months since I’ve watched the show. I just did and I was sad and disappointed in some of your latest decisions. You are sliding down an unattractive slippery slope. You can’t erase what you do; if you can’t be proud of it just say no. Think of all the ladies before you who have made similar mistakes and where are they now? If you don’t really know, they probably aren’t happy with where they ended up. Don’t do or say anything that your kids will be ashamed of. Find your center. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

3. Lala Says:
    March 27th, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Tamara you are an idiot and you are going through your midlife,the bathtub thing was very bad it seems like you jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire…how long did it take it seems like one week………….your acting like a WELL YOU KNOW

4. nancy aucoin Says:
    March 31st, 2011 at 4:03 pm

tamara u do know how much older u look than him ? i think u look scary !and u have every right to be jelious of getchen!!!!!

5. Megg Says:
    April 10th, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Tamra, like your attitude much better this season..simon bad for u, stop talking shit on people though, your human and in love–the bath scene was edited for tv wasnt that bad–your an adult he’s cute your beautiful who cares..enjoy your life

6. Kennedy Griffin Says:
    May 1st, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Tamra,
    You are not a kind person. You act like a high schooler. All you do is put other’s down to try and make yourself look better. I used to feel sorry for you with Simon, but no more. You are so judgmental. Try to be positive – remember karma. You are on cloud nine now – but your rainy day is coming.

7. mara Says:
    May 3rd, 2011 at 8:18 pm

You are a very mean person ..You act about 14 …get over yourself

8. samantha Says:
    May 17th, 2011 at 11:17 pm

tamra, what did you do to yourself. you had such a wonderful, mature, nice husband and a happy family. what happened now, your family falling apart. I thought you have learned from your family’s life lesson. You were a single mother, raised a son, obviously you did not do good job, because your son is not mature at all, does not have a degree, and does not have good career. you just continues to destroy your children for your own good. You do not have anything to be proud of.
    sorry, it is too late now, you can not get it back. someone else will have simon, the person will be happy forever. (actually simon loved you so much. did you realized it?) you are a looser.

9. caligirl Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Omg tamra yikes u look really old and washed out..damm my highdef tv shows all of ur wrinkles in ur nose and ur forehead looks weird…ur son as u stated is a man-whore and ur just a whore..leave gretchen alone!! Its been over 2 yrs and now karma is a bitch for u…well tampon cause ur gross and u remind me of one tamra lol sex in a bathtub infront of 5 camera guys and all of america to see wow u r a nasty ho!!!!I hope bravo fires ur ass maybe u and peggy can go play bingo since ur what 50 right?? Haha

10. stace Says:
    June 9th, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Omg Tamara you looked scary at the BBQ. You can’t move your face, and what is with that guy and his big horse mouth? He looks like he could be your younger brother. You look funny together!! Its not hott at all. Gretchen is smoking hott!! I think you are terribley jealous of her. You and Miss Piggy Vicki. You women are in your 50′s and try to act like your 18. Get over it!! your old and it shows in your face. Pathetic!!!

11. Sandy Says:
    June 13th, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Tamara, I have never seen anyone like you. You are a troublemaker. You start controversy then deny starting it. You always blame it on someone else. Take responsibility for your actions.
    Do you know how many time this season you called people a bitch. You have one of the dirtiest mouths on a grown woman I have ever seen. Is this what you want your children to do? You stick your nose in everyones business. You are obsessed with Slade and Gretchen. The only reason for this has to be that you are jealous she has him and you don’t. Have you ever been to anger management? if not you need to go really bad. You have a big mouth and a bad temper. I can’t you did the bathtub scene. Don’t fool yourself that your children don’t know about it. They have heard all about it from their friends. I can’t even imagine their embarassment. Your are not a good or pretty person. I can’t believe your boyfriend will be with you much longer.

Comments