American Idol: Scotty McCreery Fans Cheer Him On While Helping Tornado Victims

April 25, 2011 08:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Scotty McCreery gave what was probably his worst performance of the season last week on American Idol on FOX, but with the tornadoes that ripped through his hometown in North Carolina, we can only assume his mind was elsewhere during his performance. At his weekly viewing party, his fans pulled together to not only cheer the country crooner on, but to help bring some relief to those affected by the storms. Keep reading for more details!

Scotty McCreery fans are no strangers to holding American Idol viewing parties as they cheer on the young country crooner, but last week was different. After tornadoes ripped through North Carolina on April 16th, they left almost 450 homes and 20 businesses destroyed with 24 people dead and thousands looking for temporary housing while repairs were being done. With most of the damage centered in Wake County, which Scotty McCreery calls home, his fans rallied up for their normal viewing party while making an effort to help the victims affected by this tragedy.

This time over 700 fans, friends, family members, and neighbors filled the Garner Historic Auditorium with canned goods and personal items to help families affected by the tornadoes that devastated the area last weekend. Taste of Country reports that “The collection efforts filled six giant cardboard bins with canned goods and personal items. The Salvation Army was also on hand accepting donations of clothes and household items.” Meanwhile, Scotty tweeted after the storms “Praying for everybody back home effected by the storms” leaving us to believe that maybe his thoughts were elsewhere this week thus affecting his performance.

What do you think about Scotty McCreery? Post below and share your thoughts with us, we’d love to hear from you!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

11 Responses to “American Idol: Scotty McCreery Fans Cheer Him On While Helping Tornado Victims”

1. Ann Cline Says:
    April 25th, 2011 at 9:25 am

I have been voting for Scotty ever since Idol started this year. Scotty has a wonderful voice and he will have a career after idol. I love to hear him sing county and he just performs it so well GO SCOTTY I am pulling for you all the way

2. Pat Says:
    April 25th, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Cut him some slack. He is the best singer on American Idol this year. He had alot on his mind with his hometown being hit by tornadoes.

3. Lisa Princ Says:
    April 25th, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I agree, that is exactly what I was thinking. I personally love Scotty :)

4. Ashley Moore Says:
    April 25th, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I think he sucks i can’t stand him. I mean seriously does this guy have more than a half an octave range? Ugg! Go home Scotty!!

5. Kathy Cee Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 10:16 am

Overjoyed that Scotty’s fans rallied and made donations to the victims of the hurricane. It appears Scotty is a good caring person; for one so young in years, this is truly gratifying. He is truly the American Ido1!!!

6. Bobby Rawson Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Scotty is a true “AMERICAN IDOL”!! If the judges and the Dumb A—- don’t recognize a real country singer when they see one, i’m sorry! So if you can’t say something good about Scotty, Don’t say anything!!!! He will excell in anything he does!! P.S. The judges should not show favoritism to contestants openly!!

7. Tina Says:
    April 27th, 2011 at 10:16 am

Scotty is truly a great country singer! He seems to be a great person also! A decent role model for young people, imagine that!

8. donna Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:52 am

I wish the judges would stop pushing Scotty to be something he’s not..Why can’t they just let Scotty be the great country singer he is. I don’t know why they insist on him singing octaves that he can’t reach. I don’t need another Idol that is screaming or pitchy when forced to go out of their range. I love Scotty’s baratone voice and would hate for him to hurt his vocal cords by trying to sing like the judges want him to.I’m sure country will give him a contract if he is elimitated from AI. I get the feeling that AI doesn’t want Scotty to win. The judges tell the contestents to stay in there lane but when they do, the contestences are told to take a risk . I don’t get it.

9. Andrea becker Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 12:59 pm

A talented unique voice and a great role model for our younger generation. My vote is for Scotty .

10. hey Says:
    May 16th, 2011 at 10:55 am

I am not a country music fan at all but this kid is extremely talented and will go far in his singing career. My vote is for Scotty…Scotty’s in it to win it!!! Yay for Scotty!

11. Helen Faust Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I am for sure for Scotty, He is very good. I hope he wins. Good luck Scotty. Helen Faust

Comments