American Idol: Haley Reinhart Talks About The Judges’ Comments Last Night

May 12, 2011 11:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Last night on FOX‘s American Idol, the judges had some harsh critique for Haley Reinhart after her inspirational song performance. After the critique, Haley had no problems firing back at Randy Jackson and after the show she was still fuming. Keep reading for all the details on what Haley had to say!

American Idol judges Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez had some pretty harsh critique for Haley Reinhart after her inspirational performance last night, with Randy telling her she sounded like she was screaming and Haley did not take it well at all. According to E! Online, Haley was still fuming after the show as she told them “Yeah I’m mad. Everybody else gets good feedback, and they really let me have it. They don’t feel bad for me. Never have, never will. I got a little upset because that song is downright inspiring and emotional. No matter what, that hit me to the heart.”

The site also reports that during the break Nigel Lythgoe and Ryan Seacrest went over to talk to Randy Jackson about the exchange and he laughed it off saying “What am I supposed to do?”. Haley went on to say that while she will take their critique and listen, she will not bite her tongue and she added “I’m not gonna crack. As much as they might want me to or try to, I’m not going to. And I think they know that I can be very strong and willed and everything else, and that’s why they give the criticism to me … I take that in stride, I realize it, and accept it.”

What did you think of Haley’s performance last night? Were the judges’ comments warranted or did they get it wrong? Comment below and share your thoughts with us and then be sure to tune in tonight for the live results show to find out if Haley survives another week!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

71 Responses to “American Idol: Haley Reinhart Talks About The Judges’ Comments Last Night”

1. tom f. Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 11:21 am

I think the judges still feel they need to judge even though is near final.I don’t feel its necessary since America has voted for these 4.Hailey is my favorite and James. I really like her and understand why she’s upset cause people are easily influenced by what they say.They need to backoff let America vote.

2. Art Turmelle Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 11:31 am

She did scream. An absolutely awful performance.

3. Bobbie Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I thought they were ridiculously hard on Haley – and have been. Every week, if she does not sing “formula” they tell her “she doesn’t know who she is” and to “stick to well-known songs.” Haley has been singing for years and knows well who she is and what her voice can do. The MJ song wasn’t her best, but James sings whole steps when they should be half steps (i.e. B to A instead of B to B flat), falls off of his high note and is a bit arrogant. He and Scotty both had lack-luster first performances. Lauren can’t carry on a conversation and had a problem singing the word “evil” without sounding childish. And yet, all the judges praised their performances up and down.

4. John Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I thought Haley was horrible during the first song and I could hardly understand any of the words. All she did was scream… She is by far the worst remaining performer…

5. Alex Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I agree with what Randy and Jennifer had to say. To me, their assessments were spot on. On the first number, the inspirational song, her performance was not up to the level of the others.

My impression was that Haley lacked humility last night. I know the song was inspirational to her and no one can dispute that. However, I also think her performance of it was average. I suspect many viewers thought so and her arguing with the judges might have cost her a number of fans. She lost me.

6. seus Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Hailey thinks she is better than she is. She thinks she knows more than the judges. Pia was awesome and when Pia left or anyone else that little Brat never cried or showed any emotion for any of the people who were voted off. If she makes it we will never watch Idol again. We would never let a family member watch her in anythig or none of us would buy anything out by her. James should win, Scotty second then Lauren who has a great voice, but is young but she listens and will grow into a great star. GOOD BYE HAILEY GO HOME BRAT

7. Tara Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 2:02 pm

While I don’t think Haleys first song was her best performance and she growled a little too much it was not as bad as the judges said it was. I happen to agreee with Bobbie that James gets a lot of praise when he could improove as well. I was so mad at the judges I picked up the phone and voted for Haley till the lines closed! I wish Scotty would go home. He has an ok voice but I hate the way he holds the mike! I know that’s petty but come on really! He has had consistantly lack luster performances and is kinda Blah to me. I hope America kept Haley!

8. David Nano Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Haley sang both song flawless last night. I’m sure if Randy and Jenifer watch themself on TV they would see what and embarrissing JOKE they were last night to the viewer. Randy couldnt shut up last night tryng to recover what he knew was wrong. Maybe thats what they get paid to do, but it seemed kinda cruel, It showed hiw much moxie Haley has to get punched out by the judges and come back stronger in her performance. as for randy and Jenifer, really bad form

9. Don Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 2:11 pm

of Course she screamed. Listen to the original song by Michael Jackson. It’s called emotion, something most American Idol contestants are sorely lacking during performances.

And the song was WRITTEN to be screamed through that part. My wife recorded a cover of it a few months ago and the biggest challenge was to scream out those parts with passion and warfare while still singing in tune and keeping it interesting. Michael did it perfectly, obviously, but Haley did it justice and really kept it exciting and passionate.

If you weren’t moved by that performance then you probably weren’t moved by it in the MJ movie after his death either.

Personally I cried during the movie at that point and felt the same intense emotions from Haley while she performed it flawlessly with that amazing version.

Listen to the studio version of Haley’s performance – it’s star material.

10. Nancy Hart Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I thought Haley rocked both songs last night and shame on you Jennifer and shame on you Randy for the harsh criticism that you dealt a 17 year old that has more than her share of pressure. Screaming…I love Durbin but where was the criticism for his first performance. It seems to me that you judges(not you Steven, I love you) are trying to sway the votes. Again shame on you!

11. Paula Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Haley = Horrible. Randy was right, she was yelling, screaming, but not singing. She is very arrogrant and thinks she sings better than she actually does. I also did not like her attitude she took with Randy – he was trying to offer her some constructive critism – but she thought she was just above it all.

12. Seriously? Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I think the fact that Randy kept beating her over the head with his opinion was completely out of line. It is ok to not like her perfomance but to tell her so as many times as he did is totally uncalled for. He should be ashamed of himself. I respect the fact that Haley held her composure as well as she did. Most people would have been in tears or cussing his stupid ass out after being berated to the extent she was.

13. colleen Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 2:54 pm

hayley should’ve been voted off long ago, she always screams

14. Noel Daniels Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Haley is the next music Diva and Jennifer can not take the heat,,she is getting fat. And Randy probably tried to sign Haley and got turned down.. The only independent judge is Tyler and he loves her. That is my assesment…go Haley…

15. Sakura Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I think it’s ridiculous people are saying the judges are too harsh, because through out the entire season they’ve been way too nice and polite. When Simon used to to give harsh critiques, people were like, Well Simon is being Simon. Randy criticizing her performance is no different. If anything, he would have been way nicer than Simon because he would have critiqued beyond her singing.

16. CJ Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I didn’t like it at all and to top that off she had a very bad attitude. Yuk personality!

17. V. Cross Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Haley needs to get over herself. She can’t take the heat, so she needs to be gone. Her attitude is awful. All the other contestants are gracious with the judges, whether they believe what they are saying or not. Haley does not have a clue what it means to be an American Idol. She just thinks she is all that and a bag of chips. She is not. She is the weakest of the final 4. Her music is not relevant and I would not buy it.

18. Nancy Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Sorry Hailey, you were terrible on the first song but you did a great job on the second song. The problem is that Hailey cannot take any comments other than she did fantastic. She has a diva attitude (not sure why). She is not a good representer for being the winner of Idol. She needs to accept that she isnt the best and get over it.

19. Laurie Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 5:22 pm

I think Haley is terrible and not professional in that she cannot accept their feedback like the other performers can. All she ever does is scream and what is up with wearing shorts every week, lets see some other clothes and can she sing any other way? I think she sounds horrible.

20. Dee Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I agree with Randy and J Lo, she did scream, it was a horrible performance, and she needs to pick songs people know! Her biggest mistake this last 2 crucial weeks was song choice. Should she get through, (Im hoping not) she really needs to up her game on song choice. So many songs to choose from, and she picks unknown and or (as in last week) unreleased songs. It’s down to the wire, she should have figured that all out by now. I taking James all the way with Scotty as runner up!

21. LS Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I thought she did great, JLo and Randy need to back off and let her sing. They did there job now it’s our turn. The vote at this point is what matters!

22. Amelia Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Haley was wonderful and thank God she stood up for herself because no one will!! To me she is the most talented one up there right now and the judges keep giving some really harsh critisim…I mean granted that I personally did not like her choice of song but remember she chose a song that was close to her heart and not something that was popular..to me that shows guts!! Take it of leave it America, Haley is the best one in the lot and she deserves to win…

23. rhonda Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I love Haley, she did a good job Wednesday night. She is awesome, the judges were very hard on her, a little to hard, I love the way she spoke up for her self.

24. DNTX Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I am absolutely in shock that James Durbin is gone. Whose in charge here anyway. This guy has more raw talent than the rest all put together and it was pretty much “a given” all the way through this AI season. I’m not sure if this whole thing is kosher. Probably will never watch this “fiasco” again.

25. mary Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Haley was so rude to Randy. Wow! If Simon was still there he would of had a field day with her. I think she is arrogant and very rude. She did scream. One vote per person would stop a lot of people like Haley from continuing. But it’s about money, not talent. Come on America, anybody but Haley!

26. debra Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 7:25 pm

in regards to haley last night yes the judges were very hard to the point it was upsetting to me. i loved both songs she did. i would love to see her do a TINA MARIE SONG LIKE ROCK YOUR WORLD this is where she would really shine.

27. PAT Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I AGREE WITH THE JUDGES ABOUT HALEY, SHE DOES A LOT OF SCREAMING , AND I THOUGHT SHE WAS VERY RUDE TO THE JUDGES , LIKE SHE IS ALL THAT AND THERE WRONG, …WRONG IS JAMES BEING KICKED OFF , HE WAS FULL OF TALENT , DONT KNOW WHAT PEOPLE VOTE ON IT SURE COULDN’T BE TALENT JAMES WAS THE BEST . GOES TO SHOW YA TALENT ISN’T THE KEY TO SUCCESS …

28. Pam Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Haley can belt out a tune. She shows real passion, and has great voice quality. Is different than a lot of female performers.

29. Pete Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Haley is the best. She reminds me of Janis Joplan but better. Her voice is beutiful. Her House of the rising sun was the best ever. She puts Lauren to shame. Lauren will be great but she lacks confidence which will come. She will follow Carrie Underwood into country history but that is were she will be good. Scotty is not for me. Except for country he is flat. I think Haley should win it all if you look at the music but I think Scotty will win because the audience is mostly young girls and he appeals to them.

30. Tammy Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Haley showed her true colors last night. She thinks she’s already got it won, she’s a diva a and a brat. The judges comments were meant to help her, but she was having none of it. They were dead on, she WAS screaming. She needs to go. James got robbed!

31. Susan Jones Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Haley is the worst contestant on the show. She should have left and James should be in the final 3. Boo!

32. Esther Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Send Haley home. She sounds horrible!!! She is hateful as well.

33. Esther Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Send Haley home. She is horrible and has a horrible attitude. She should at least be respectful to the judges even if she verbally disagrees with them.

34. Tracey Moreland Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I did not like Haley’s 1st song and more then that I thought it was totally unacceptable her response.
    When she has been in the bussiness as long as the judges have been then she can have something to say. They are to judge and that is what they were doing. Sometimes it can be hard to hear what the judges have to say but to be rebuttle with it in my opinion is unacceptable.

35. garce Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Haley voice is a harsh voice so when reach that high note her voice sound like going to burst her troat so that first song at that part she sound screaming and you go listen Michael voice is a different voice Haley Michaeal is more sharp voice so when he go to that part even though he sing very forceful but it didnot like bursting.So when the judje comment on the screaming yes she is screaming on that particular part.

36. Eileen Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 11:48 pm

For the life of me, I cannot understand why Haley is still there. She cannot sing. Her voice is actually painful (for me) to listen to. James, Scotty & Lauren are all very talented singers & performers. Haley’s claim to fame is her short skirts. Randy & Jennifer got it right. Steven Tyler is blinded & deafened by Haley’s legs.

37. Haley Fan Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 1:23 am

I’m glad that Haley made it to the top 3, but i have this feeling the judges will continue to give her a hard time next week. It was very obivious that the judges (exception Steve Tyler) wants Haley out of the competion. Seriously, Scotty’s second song, ummm, hellooo, it’s story telling there was nothing regarding his singing voice, and I found it interesting that the judges never commented on his singing, but was more like ” did you have fun”, etc…so sad, so obivious of who their favorites is…I was really disappointed with Jennifer Lopez comments to Haley, as for Randy, waste my time. Good luck, Haley

38. codi Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 5:48 am

HALEY IS A LITTLE STUCK UP COCKY BRAT!! (next show, watch for her cockyness and how shes so stuck up and thinks shes better than everyone else)
    A DISGRACE TO AMERICAN IDOL….i cant believe she is still there and JAMES DURBIN is gone! :(
    shouldn’t be that way.
    im no longer watching the show. its pointless

39. Anita Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 6:46 am

I never have figured out why Haley is there! She is very annoying!

40. Bonnie Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 8:14 am

I think it all comes down to this: Lauren and Scotty are still there because there’s a huge country music fan base voting; Haley is there, and only there, because she’s being voted in by 13-15 year old “boys” who are not voting for her voice, but for her wardrobe; and James unfortunately got voted off because there’s just not enough “rocker” fans out there voting. Haley should definitely be GONE. Her cockyness and arrogance is overbearing each week. I hope she learns some humility if she makes it through, and learns how to accept constructive criticism.

41. Shirley from Dallas Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 8:42 am

Haley did AWESOME! Randy and Jlo were unfair in judging Haley. I felt they were manipulating the votes. GO HALEY!

42. Stef Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 9:18 am

Haley needs to go home! She’s such a snot! It’s very apparant that she thinks she is better than everyone else! She has had negative reviews almost every week and who is she anyway? Does she even know what kind of singer she wants to be?? She’s probably been a spoiled brat since she was a little girl. Let’s give credit to the people who know who they are and can sing!! Who is voting for her? C’mon this is a singing competition not a beauty pagent. Randy had it right. I sure hope Haley goes home next week if not, I’m not watching the final show! C’mon America let’s vote for who has the best voice!!

43. BLTribb Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 9:24 am

Haley does her own thing and she does it perfectly. For all 10 seasons they keep saying not to be a karaoke singer, but that is what Randy and Jennifer want her to be. Last week when she did Lady Gage’s song Randy and Jennifer had nothing to compare it to so they didn’t like it. This week when she did her Michael Jackson song all randy could do was compare it to his rendition. Haley has been taken the songs and putting her twist to it to make it hers.

While I was shocked to see James Durbin leave last night, in reality the judges praised him highest when he sounded more like the original artist. I will take nothing away from James, my jaw hit the floor last night, I thought he would win the season. But I do think alot of people are taking away from Haley because she is making each song her’s, not just doing what the popular artist did with the song.

44. Shelby Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 10:16 am

I dont think Haley should be anywhere near the final four. if Simon were still one of the judges, she wouldnt have made it past top 10. James is amazing and he’s brought so much to the competition. He stands for more than any of the other competitors there. Scotty and James should undoubtedly be final 2. What i dont understand is that Haley was the only one the judges didnt like and yet she topped James, who was the best last night!! It’s bogus that she made it because, though she’s a good singer, her screaming, manly voice is too much and sounds horrible.
    Though he didnt win, James should be given a contract with a good producer because he’s an amazing artist and person. Just look what he stands for. He’s accomplished so much for autism, terets, and metal. She shouldn’t have won. She should be on her way home right now, not being allowed to return accept to be an audience member.
    Rediculous.

45. Donny Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 10:32 am

I think Haley is the best of the best. She takes my genaration back to the 60′s with her voice. Besides being a beautiful young lady she is a great stage presents. Go get it Haley, it’s yours for the taking.

46. Chris Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 11:11 am

I find it rather amussing that most of the people who have negitive comments about Haley, have trouble with spelling and punctuation! Are you all jealous thirteen year old redneck girls!

47. Liz Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I like that Haley has her own style. I’ve been a songwriter for 15 years and her pure gravel voice would be a dream to write for. Of all the contestants I’ve seen, she is the only one with confidence and flare. Her choice of music is exceptional in its complexity, rather than the same old, same old pop that is consistently marketed. The other contestants are cookie cutter copycats rather than use own interpretations of music. Yep, her tonality can use some work. Nothing a voice coach couldn’t correct.

Its nice to hear a voice different from the everyday stuff on today’s top radio. Brat? No more than any of the judges were in their youth.

48. Chris Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 2:22 pm

If a judge cannot give his honest opinion….then don’t have judges.

Apparently, some of you just want a robot that says..well done, good performance, I’ve never heard anything so inspiring….no matter how bad it sounds.

Like it or not, Randy J. is an industry professional. his opinion means a lot. She might learn something if she would listen to him…..but, she already knows it all, and she never does anything wrong. She’s already perfect, she thinks.

49. Liane Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I was a James fan all season but within the last two weeks I felt that Haley was the one “in it to win it” , the one who has gained the most ground throughout the season.

James will have a successful career no doubt and I can’t wait to buy his music.

Haley has the kind of unique style and sound that makes a star. Look at janis joplin, rod stewart, alanis morisette, and on and on.

She does not “scream”. I agree with the review above that some of you need to listen to MJ’s own recordin. Remember John Lennon??

I love her -

50. David Nano Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I think American Idol fans got it right again…. James was great out of the gate with the Rock and Metal, singing that way gives you latitude on keeping in key or voice control…. when he went to a softer more passive music he had to control his voice.. Randy and Jenifer should have let him know this but they were to busy beating up on Haley.

To me Haley is the best at what she does, she has incredible voice control and put on a good show. Thank God for her sake shes watches her performnces and makes her own corrections not what the judges say. If she had she would have been gone like the rest of them real early. Stay the course Haley!

I have watched every episode this year and I can honestly say there is not one contestant that could have taken the beating she has taken from the judges and kept nailing her performnces the way she has.

51. Bonnie Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 4:10 pm

To No. 46 comment, Chris: Check your own spelling…you have two mistakes in your comment. As for the comments about Haley, I am 65 years old, not a “thirteen year old redneck girl”. I have sung professionally my whole life, and I can tell you that, although Haley may have a good voice, her arrogance and disrespect for those giving her constructive criticism will be her downfall in the long run. There’s a big difference between confidence and cockyness, and she needs to learn that. She hasn’t earned the right to act like a “Diva” yet…she hasn’t paid her dues, although she seems to think she has.

52. Jean Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 4:11 pm

But …….HEY! James has always screamed! Only when he did the Carol King thing did he really show some talent

53. ginger Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Haley does a lot of screaming on stage and did so last nite in her first song. She should have gotten voted off and James should have been in the final three with Scotty and Lauren. I’m really disappointed with Idol and feel it is not worth watching anymore after last nite.

54. Harold Beall Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Haley is the best singer of all the idol shows. Just ask Jimmey and Steven Tyler. Unreal. She sings sexy!

55. Cheri Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I have never cared for Haley, her performances are very seductive most the time, just missing the stripper pole.

56. anne beau Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Haley is like a spoiled brat. She can’t accept criticism. Her bad attitude made me wish her to be voted off.

57. wendy Says:
    May 15th, 2011 at 10:07 am

I think Hailey should of already been gone. She is not a favorite of mind…Her attitude and performance is not entertaing to me. He voice screams at times.. and he eye wallin when judges critics her is really annoying. She is not professical… and as others have sai she is a brat. Time for her to go home.

58. Frank Says:
    May 15th, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Randy Jackson and JO have a right to judge, but Randy very insensitive and unprofessional MOST of the time…no matter who he judges. Personally, I do not feel that he should be on AI again! An artist has a right too set his or her boundaries when someone keeps insulting their work. This was Haley’s version of the song. Like it or not, in her mind, she gave it 110 percent of her heart. PS: Steven has class when he critiques talent, Randy has no tact.

59. DJ Says:
    May 16th, 2011 at 2:58 pm

They got it wrong. Randy was rude and so was J-Lo. Their remarks were not helpful, they were hurtful and intentional. There was nothing constructive in what they had to say. I have never seen so many ho-hum peformances garner such unjustifiable praise – I don’t get it. I’m not sure where the “attitude” thing is coming in to play. I haven’t seen it and believe this young woman gives it all she has every week. Isn’t that the point. She reminds me of another contestant from some years back that was weary of being beat-up week after week, performance after performance. She was one of my favs that didn’t make it to the finale or even the top 5 – You remember Jennifer Hudson? This is my last season with Idol – I thought it would get better, but it hasn’t. The judges and the producers are trying to manipulate the outcome and I think America was insulted.

60. CJ Says:
    May 17th, 2011 at 11:23 am

I’ve never liked Haley very much. Sure, she’s had some good (and even great) performances but I don’t like her personality at all. To me, Haley is the least talented of the remaining idols, and is a total diva with a sucky attitude.

61. Kelly Says:
    May 17th, 2011 at 3:33 pm

The judges were way to harsh and I am glad Hailey spoke up (the little shat she did)! Week after week of the judges at her heels, I don;t blame her. Because of the judges verbal manipulation, I feel that the voters changed up a notch and voted for Hailey because they felt bad for her which got James voted off! Sorry, Scotty needs to go, what a dip $hit. I think Hailey knows exactly who she is. GO HAILEY! Also, Lauren was crying a few weeks back during elimation. That, is truley bad sportsmanship and extreemly imature. She was afraid that it was her that was going to get sent home.So lame!

62. candi Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Hailey thinks her sh– dont stink. She just makes me sick her thinkin she’s all that and she aint. If I was gay, I would not do her. She cant sing and just makes me sick. She always squints her eyes tryin to look sexy. Go home Hailey!!

63. Susan Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 6:02 pm

she is a spoiled brat w/ a bad attitude.

64. dream on Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler do need to do more judging across the board and I hope if they come back next year, they will offer more constructive criticism for every contestant. This season, they only went after Hailey. Not fair, but I don’t like her either.

65. Dwayne Says:
    May 20th, 2011 at 10:10 am

The judges have always been harshest every year to the most talented performers, such as Haley. But there is a silver lining, as if they win top spot, they are stuck in an American Idol recording contract and most of the previous winners first albums really are not very impressive.. Haley will go very far, much further than the remaining two.

66. Mick Says:
    May 20th, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Surprised Haley Reinhart made it this far. She has talent but not the making of a star. To bad she didn’t go last week putting James in the top 3.

On behalf of the judges they are all seasoned, professional musicians, they know music!

67. cristina Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 9:49 am

Haley you are a brat, you are good but not good enough, you have an attitude problem girl, everybody notice it after you are eliminated you supposed to be eliminated long time ago, sorry girl people don’t like people like you with attitude.

68. tony l Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 5:51 pm

haley-screams verses singing the high notes

69. Pat Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I loved Haley and thought she was really talented. I thought she was judged rather hard at times when she did not deserve it but the judges may have been trying to push her to be even better. I would have loved to see her win and I believe she will have an awesome career! Haley I am waiting on your first single!!

70. grey74 Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I was so proud of Haley for standing her ground on this issue. She has been repeatedly thrown under the bus week after week. It became evident early on this show was going to make sure that Lauren and Scotty were in the finals. They got their wish. Once they figured out the fans were seeing through their sham, and people were going to continue to support Haley, they through James under the bus in week 4 by having both phone line and online glitches that diverted James votes to Lauren.

71. md Says:
    November 7th, 2011 at 8:25 pm

“sheknows.com”

The overall direction of this comment thread says more about women and their insecurities than Haley.

She is not a spoiled brat with a bad attitude. Or an arrogant b*tch. Haley is an experienced performer and an intelligent young woman who knew she was being bussed (as in, “thrown under the bus”).

More often than not, the judges didn’t comment on her performance. They questioned her song choice. When Randy did offer up criticisms for Earth Song, what did he say?

He said it was out of her range. She replied it was not and he acknowledged as much. He then said she should have been doing runs at the end. She replied she thought it was beautiful as written.

Steven started to speak and Randy, shouting, interjected. She replied she heard him the first time.

Steven wanted no part of the bussing. That’s why he shouted at her to “Don’t listen to them! Haley, what do you get from that?” Steven said. “They’re both wrong.”

Many of you are wrong too.

Comments