American Idol: Top Four Live Results!

May 12, 2011 06:01 PM by Lisa Princ

Last night on FOX‘s American Idol, the top four took the stage with songs that inspire them as well as songs of Leiber and Stoller. Tonight, we found out who our top three are as well as saw performances by Lady Gaga, Jordin Sparks and Enrique Iglesias. Keep reading for all the details!

American Idol kicks off the top four live results show with Ryan Seacrest announcing that last night they received 72 million votes, the most ever for a top four show! After a rundown of the performances from last night, we saw James Durbin and Scotty McCreery take the stage with a performance of “Start a Band” by Keith Urban. Ryan then announced more audition cities for season eleven in San Diego on July 8th, Pittsburgh on July 15th, and Houston on Aug 26th.

Then the girls were up for a performance – Lauren Alaina and Haley Reinhart took on “Gunpowder and Lead”by Miranda Lambert and I actually preferred their rendition over the original. Next we got to see the finalists connect with their families via internet and then it was time for some results. Ryan announced that this week the three stools belonged to the top three and the first person who would moving to the top three was Lauren Alaina! Congratulations to Lauren!

Next, we got a look into the top four watching a Lady Gaga performance of “You and I” which ended up being our performance from Lady Gaga. But the performances did not stop there as Enrique Iglesias was up next performing a mix of two of his hits “Dirty Dancer” and “I Like It”. Next it was time for The Ford music video and a live performance by season six winner, Jordin Sparks who sang her newest song “I am Woman”. Jordin was donning a daring little black dress and she was definitely showing off her new figure – she even wandered down to Steven Tyler for a kiss.

And speaking of Mr. Tyler, we got to see the video for his new solo tune “It feels so good” and as you can imagine it was filled with women a third of his age – no shocker there, huh? Then then remaining three finalists took the stage again and Ryan announced that next contestant moving into the top three would be Haley Reinhart! Wow, that was a huge shocker, I certainly did not see that one coming as my picks were Scotty and James in the finale.

At this point I can’t help but wonder how Haley got voted in – probably her friend Casey bribing people to vote for her and letting true talent go home, way to go! In any event, with only Scotty and James left on the stage, and in what is the biggest shocker of the season, Scotty McCreery was told he would be moving on to the top three, which means that James Durbin would be going home this week. What a shame, James deserved to be there more than both of those ladies in my opinion, I have to wonder if these voters are deaf. Kudos to James, he will have a great career regardless and will be greatly missed!

Be sure to tune in next week to see the top three take the stage to battle it out for a shot at the finale on American Idol on FOX!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

11 Responses to “American Idol: Top Four Live Results!”

1. Mary Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I really wish American Idol would change their mimimum age limit to 21. If you can be too old to enter then you definitely can be too young, that is evident by the last 3 contestants standing!!!

2. CAROL Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 6:45 pm

ABSOLUTELY INSANE. THIS IS NO LONGER A TALENT COMPETITION, ITS RUN BY THE 12 YEAR OLD VOTERS. WE VOTED FOR JAMES LAST NIGHT AND ARE IN OUR 60′S FOR 1 HOUR STRAIGHT. HE IS BRILLIANT, PERHAPS THE BEST TO EVER HIT THE IDOL STAGE. I PURCHASED TICKETS TO THE IDOL SHOW HOWEVER I WILL SELL THEM IF EITHER OF THE GIRLS WIN. SO UNDESERVING…ESPECIALLY HALEY WITH SUCH AN ATTITUDE. I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH. NOONE DESERVED IT MORE THAN HE DID.

3. rose Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I am dissapointed in the whole thing. James deserved to go on to the end.

4. Barbie Says:
    May 12th, 2011 at 11:58 pm

This show has to be fixed.Theres no way the voters put either one of the girls above the guys.Just like last year,when Adam Lambert lost.

5. Ryan De Paul Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 12:12 am

It’s a joke James is gone. The person who NEVER had a bad performance was robbed. I hope the ratings drop by 50% with him off. I promise I will not watch now. I was ONLY watching because James Durbin was EASILY the most entertaining person on the show. …and sang EVERY genre extremely well. America once again, blew it.

6. Guamnut Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 12:45 am

They got it right… I called it!!

7. Elaina S Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 1:45 am

I agree, one of the girls should have went home. I don’t think its the voters. It’s AI who is to blame because I now believe it’s rigged because James was NEVER EVER in the bottom three!!! The three who moved on has been in the bottom three and I KNOW its bullsh*t. Just like with Adam Lambert, AI screwed him too because he was AMAZING just like James and they both got screwed. So AI can go screw themselves because they are truely rigged! Never watching AI again. Not even to find out who wins because I know its crap!

8. Sierrah Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 5:54 am

Okay, thats not fair to be rude about those girls!! I bet that YOU couldn’t make it to the top four on American Idol. I’m happy that the girls moved on!! Casey did nothing of the sort of bribing people, and Scotty deserved this… BIG TIME. I am sorry to see James go home. This was the best top four out of EVERY American Idol that I’ve ever seen. But it has to be done. So, don’t come at them like that!! GOSH!

9. Lisa Princ Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 6:38 am

You’re right, I could not make it there, but I never claimed to be able to. I agree that Scotty deserved to be there but so did James, much more so than Haley or Lauren – neither have been as good or consistent as he and Scotty have all season :)

10. Rachel Rios Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 12:51 pm

The voice s better than American Idol. Now, that James has been eliminated,(a true talnt) over Haley , the show shoul now be called teeney bopper idol…

11. Lou Says:
    May 13th, 2011 at 9:57 pm

James was more of a screemer, and clown than a singer with a true voice.
    The three left do have singing voices, and should be there.
    Sure they have had some off nights by picking the wrong songs, but that is their learning curve. They have always came back better.
    Don’t run the show down because your favorit lost. James will do well on his own with out Ameriicn Idol, but I won’t be there to watch and hear him.

Comments