May 15, 2011 12:00 PM by Lisa Princ
Last week on Bravo‘s Top Chef Masters we watched as Traci Des Jardins won both the quickfire challenge as well as the elimination challenge. Now is your chance to get the recipe that won over Adam Levine of Maroon 5 – her Japanese style steak. If you thought this looked delicious, keep reading for the recipe!
If you thought Top Chef Master’s Traci Des Jardins’ Japanese steak looked delicious on the show, feast your eyes on the recipe below! Of course, make sure you let us know if you try it and how it turns out!
2 pounds rib eye
1/4 cup mirin- for marinade
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup pea sprouts
8 ounces daikon
1 tablespoons white miso
1 tablespoons mirin- for daikon
Rice wine vinegar- to taste
1 tablespoon plum paste
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons mirin
3 cucumbers – Japanese or European
1 cups pea sprouts
1. Trim the rib eye, remove all sinew and fat
2. Marinate with a little mirin and soy sauce.
3. Sear rib eye in smoking hot pan until both sides are nicely charred. Finish cooking steak in oven at 350 degrees until medium rare, about 6-7 more minutes. Slice and place on a bed of pea sprouts
4. Cut the daikon into 1 1/2 inch thick discs and turn into little flying saucer shapes
5. Place into a sauce pan – cover with water, add a tablespoon of miso and a little mirin.
6. Cook until tender at a simmer, 10-15 minutes, add a little rice wine vinegar to balance flavor.
1. Combine paste, vinegar, oil, and mirin for vinaigrette.
2. Cut cucumbers into desired shapes.
3. Combine with sprouts and dress with vinaigrette.
For the full recipes or more delicious Top Chef Masters recipes, check out Bravo’s Recipe Box and then be sure to tune next week at 10 pm EST on Bravo for a brand new episode of Top Chef Masters!
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Top Chef Masters news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Top Chef Masters and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.
For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!
Photo Courtesy of BRAVO