The Biggest Loser: Season 12 Will Premiere This Fall – But With Which Trainers?

May 17, 2011 02:00 PM by Lisa Princ

We already knew that there would be a season 12 of The Biggest Loser on NBC but NBC has now announced as you probably guessed it will premiere this fall in it’s regular time slot. Season 12 will be different though as we will not see Jillian Michaels in the gym. The real question is – which trainers will return to help the contestants achieve their weight loss goals? Keep reading for more details!

NBC confirmed recently that The Biggest Loser will be back this fall in it’s 8-10 pm Tuesday spot, but we are not sure of the exact premiere date. With that said, Jillian Michaels will not be returning for this season, but rest assured fans, Bob Harper will definitely be there, along with Alison Sweeney to keep us guessing as she does so well. There has been no official word of whether or not Brett Hoebel or Cara Castronuova will return for season twelve and in a recent interview, neither Bob nor Alison were spilling anything for us.

While the pair kept tight lipped about who would be training next season alongside with Bob, they were more than happy to gush about how much they love Jillian Michaels and how much she will be missed – same goes for us Jillian! With Jillian moving on in her life, would you rather see Brett or Cara return next season? Or perhaps both? I think Brett should return as Cara has not grown on me at all this season and she just comes across as fake. Don’t get me wrong, she may be the most genuine person in the world, but I am not feeling it. What do you think? Comment and share your thoughts with us and be sure to tune in tonight for a brand new episode of The Biggest Loser on NBC!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The Biggest Loser news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Biggest Loser and then come and discuss the show on our Reality TV message boards.

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

11 Responses to “The Biggest Loser: Season 12 Will Premiere This Fall – But With Which Trainers?”

1. Dee Roberts Says:
    May 17th, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I would rather see Jillian stay but since that isn’t an option I feel Brett would be a better fit for the Biggest Loser. Cara just didn’t fit well. I’m sure she’s a wonderful person and maybe she knows boxing but and I say but this is not for her.

2. Vicki Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:32 am

I would love Jillian to stay…. but if not… cant say that I like either of the other trainers (other than Bob, of course). The two new trainers DID NOT impress me at all. If it were just those two… I don’t think I would watch the show anymore. Just my opinion.

Vicki

3. Reagan Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Of course it will not be the same without Jillian. Bob and Jillian make the PERFECT team. I’d be ok with Brett staying, but Cara (who I really tried to grow to like) does not fit this show. I’m sure she could very well beat the crap out of myself, but when I watch Loser I want to see things OTHER the boxing. Don’t get me wrong I do like boxing, but I just want to see OTHER training styles incorporated with it. And honestly I don’t think I can hear the words “she/he’s a fighteeerr” ANY MORE!!! Yes they are ALL fighters thats how they stay on the SHOW!

4. Michele Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 8:08 pm

If I had to choose between Brett and Cara, I would pick Brett to stay on the show (although I don’t think he’s all that great either). Cara didn’t really seem to know anything unless it was about boxing. There was nothing new from her all season. And I think she was way out of her league. Nice girl? Maybe. But I’m nice and can make people run, push them over and make them stand up, tell them they’re fighters, and hug them, but it does not make me a trainer. I think they should only hire trainers with a degree in kinesiology.

5. Sydney Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 2:03 pm

If I could pick between Brett, cara, Jillian, or bob I would pick bob and Jillian because all cara ever does is boxing, I know that builds muscle and all but that is not the only excessive in the world! Bob and Jillian are known to be on the show. They have been since day 1.

6. Michelle Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I don’t like Cara. She doesn’t seem to relate to the contestants and seems to almost compete for attention w contestants. Ridiculous

7. Gabriel Says:
    May 30th, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I already miss Jillian. Cara is no replacement, but no one is.

Having said that, I like Cara. She helped Moses lose weight after an injury. She did it through shadow boxing. That’s huge! She got the Green Team guy back on track after he lost his motivation too.

I remember Bob and Jillians took a few seasons to find their groove. They were nervous on camera and were sometimes awkward, but look at them now. So will Cara and Brett if they stay. It’s just a matter of time. It’s unfair to kick them out so soon. I hope Bob, Brett and Cara are on the show this fall.

8. Tammy Says:
    June 4th, 2011 at 9:32 am

I would take Cara as a trainer! No one can replace Jilian but think that Cara is a great motivator and she actually gets in there and works with the contestants instead of just watching them work out. I thought the boxing was a great new way to show people how to get in great exercise in a new way that people might enjoy.

9. Mag Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I think that Brett shouldn’t come back. He got on my nerves the whole season and he lost his team within 6 weeks even though he had the top 2 biggest losers in the house at the time. Cara didn’t get on my nerves but she seemed to only care about boxing and bringing the fighter within you. I think they should get new trainers all together.

10. Ashley Says:
    June 15th, 2011 at 9:17 am

I think that both Brett and Cara were good trainers. I think they evened each other out in the way that Bob evened out Julian. A kind of yin and yang type thing. But if I had to pick one of the two to be paired with Bob I’d have to pick Cara. Because Cara seemed to have more of a Julian type roughness to her that will help contestants get past their various issues. And because I think there needs to be a male and a female trainer on biggest loser in order for it to work as well as it does.

11. Akash Shahi Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 2:25 am

I heard that there are new trainers(Anna & Dolvett) who will be coming this season. Maybe one of Brett or Cara will be comin back. :)

Comments