American Idol: Randy Jackson Says The Girls Need To Step Up Tonight!

May 18, 2011 09:00 AM by Lisa Princ

FOX‘s American Idol returns tonight as the top three will take the stage for three song performances each and Randy Jackson is making it known that the girls need to step up their game in order to compete with Scotty McCreery! Keep reading for more details!

American Idol’s top three return tonight with three performances each including the judges’ choice. In an interview with MTV, Randy Jackson said that the girls need to step up their game if they want to beat Scotty McCreery. Randy said “This has to be their best performances of their time on ‘Idol’. It has to be the best song choices and they have judges’ pick this week, so we pick one but, also, they gotta slay it, dude, out of the park.”

However, we all know that it really has nothing to do with how well they perform as proven last week, but I can’t help but wonder if Randy himself is rooting for Scotty to take the win. Earlier this season Randy did say he was looking for a fight to the finish and he had mentioned it would be if the two contenders he thought would be in the finale made it. I don’t think is going to get much of a fight now since one of the best performers is gone, but that is just my opinion.

Who do you want to see in the finale next week? Comment and share your thoughts with us and then be sure to tune in tonight to see the top three take the stage to battle it out for a shot at the finale on American Idol on FOX!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, Randy Jackson |

22 Responses to “American Idol: Randy Jackson Says The Girls Need To Step Up Tonight!”

1. stella Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 9:32 am

James is gone – no need to watch anymore. If the judges had done their jobs none of the final three would be the final three – DONE WITH IDOL.

2. robert Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 11:27 am

The girls need to step up their game, as if Scotty has ? I haven’t any respect for Randy, and all the other two judges have done is promote their own agenda. I think Nygel should take a close look at the voting process, and as a judge himself, take these three aside and give them their walking papers. The first thing I would tell them this is american Idol not country Idol, all those who turned country, like Carrie, didn’t start singing country, if you could’nt carry a tune in a bucket, you could still make it in country.

3. Linda Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 11:53 am

It should be Scotty and Lauren next week.

4. Ross Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 12:14 pm

In my opinion Haley is and always was the best pure singer and artful performer this season; her musicality is amazing and in every one of her performances she immersed herself deeply into each song and rode with it to the end.

Simply stated, she is amazing.

5. Ross Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 12:16 pm

It will be Haley and Scotty next week; Haley is amazing.

6. tom Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 1:23 pm

It is going to come down to the two with the least amount of talent – Lauren & Scotty. Any bettors? Should have been Haley and James. Take a look at the last three winners. They together couldn’t fill our high school auditorium.

7. mae Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Scotty will win it all!

8. RHONDA Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Please, has to be Lauren and Scotty. Can’t listen to Haley’s voice. Even her best performance was poor to me. She has to much base, nasal and growl.

9. Kimra Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 2:45 pm

James is gone. No talent left and no reason for me to watch. I could care less who “wins”. To me the American Idol was voted off last week!

10. Kimra Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

No need for me to watch either. The REAL American Idol was voted off last week. I won’t watch anymore until the vote is left up to the JUDGES in the future. James will go on a a great career.

11. Page Mckinney Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Since James went home i am very dissapointed! Out of the girls i thought Pia was best but i am only 1 voter…..

12. Stonny mama Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I Think We should send the Judges home! They did a terrible job. We can all agree that the judges have not been consistent with their criticism. No matter who we like, the Judges are the ones that are not doing their jobs. Lets be honest! thats your job! Jennifer is the worst. If it were up to her Stafano would of won. And for Randy to single out Haley last week was wrong. Who was more pitchy? James or Haley
    Who picked a bad song??? ahh did you hear Laurens second song.

COME ON

13. David Nano Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I think coming out of Randy’s mouth he means Haley really need to step it up…. Trust me the girls have stepped it up big time and I think Randy and Jenifer still have a mean sreak in them because Haley must have just beaten out Pia and they are holding it against her…. Go figure.. I don’t know but she is the poster child for the American Dream… I don’t care how much they dump on her she keeps hanging on and coming back better and better, I think thats what America Loves most about Haley at this point and time. What really matters most of all is that this is just one stop on her road to making it big and she owes it all to hard work and American Idol fans votes because if it were up to Randy and Jenifer she would have been gone a long time ago. I can’t wait to get her CD when they hit the market. Go Haley! Shout out to Steven..way to be an Honest judge.

14. d Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 3:48 pm

To be honest, I was shocked when James was voted off – Randy has NO clue – he should be honest and tell Scottie “HE” needs to “step up his game” – Hailey and Lauren are much better singers and have a far wider range than he does –
    Haley and Lauren deserve their chance in the final – much more than a “one trick pony”…

15. Mary Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Scotty and Lauren will be in the finale. Sorry, I seen a side of James I really liked, I did vote for James, Scotty and Lauren last week, guess people thought James would be safe. Don’t ever assume your favorite will be safe. Both Scotty and Lauren are true to themselves and have been able to accept criticism not like Haley.

16. Alyssa Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 4:26 pm

It should be Scotty & Lauren next week!!! And Scotty will take the WIN!!! :)

17. JoAnne Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 4:50 pm

It should be Haley and Lauren or Scotty next week.
    Haley is just an exciting singer and performer. She gives 110% every week. Her enthusiasm is contagious. And her voice is unique and sexy. BTW, what has Scotty done to step us his game?

18. Barb Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Hopefully, Haley will be in the finals next week. If it is between the country kiddos, this household is done. I agree with Robert, this is NOT American Country Idol!!
    And yesss…after last weeks vote booting James, I too think the voting process needs a hard look and a revamp!
    Haley is an amazing talent! She is the whole package and has the maturity to handle herself well, unlike little Miss Lauren. Scottie is just not as talented as James,Casey, or Stefano. The only thing he and Lauren can sing is….you got it…country!

19. jan Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 5:37 pm

scotty and lauren, i chose them from the auditions . they are the best

20. Shelley Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I really want Haley to be in the final, not a real country fan. But I have no doubt it will be the cowboy and homecoming queen. The judges have done everything they could to get these two in the final.

21. Tina Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 7:51 pm

It’s a no brainer that Scotty will have a recording contract weather he wins Idol or not. I think Lauren should win. Haley is good but she has a cocky attitude and it doesn’t do her any justice. She doesn’t have the right attitude for rejection and it shows, so therefore she’ll have a hard time in the real music world because of that. Lauren is a doll and her voice is amazing. She is a natural all the way around.

22. caroline Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I really love and the best song of the night is Haley and Lauren and i am so proud of the the two laddies. I really want Lauren and Haley to fight over to win it but that is not true i love both of them and best singers ever.

Comments